• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OakIris

• mehandiratta

• Dhruv_Sood

• karansm

ASA Pens lists Bril Ink on their site but there are no products for sale under the heading. ASA pens is one of our trusted vendors, you could always email them and ask about it; they definitely ship to the USA. Or, you could go directly to the Bril Writing Ink site and put in an inquiry. I imagine that Bril Ink, like Camlin ink, is only sold in India, but you never know....

I am not familiar with the brand; I take it you have had the opportunity to write with some and now want more. What do you like about it? What is unique about it that makes you want to get this ink and not ink from one of the brands readily available here in the US? Not criticizing, just curious! It's always good to find another nice ink brand. :)

Holly

Bril is a nice saturated ink (especially the blues and blacks). I personally find these as good as Waterman, and better than Quink and Pelikan (which IMHO is way too thin). At INR20 (30c) for 60ml these are great value too.

A lifelong FP user...

Thank you for the information about the ink, deepak23. Sounds as if this might be a rather nice ink. Now I am hoping that phillieskjk will share with us if/when she/he finds a vendor that sells the ink and ships to the USA. :)

Holly

Sorry for the late response. I am still an amateur at this, and I was just looking for a cheap blue. I decided to go with Hero 233 Blue and I love it! :)

Ahh, so no longer in search for a US distributor of Bril Ink. Darn - I was hoping you would do the 'legwork' for us and find out where it could be purchased. :P

Glad you found an ink you like. Someday I hope to check out the Hero 232 ink, a blue-black iron gall ink. I have read some cautions about the Hero inks - possibility of corrosion to nib plating, staining or clogging pens and such - but I think if you clean your pens properly it shouldn't be a problem. I probably wouldn't use their inks in a vintage pen, though, just in case. (I don't think the 233 blue is an iron gall ink so I imagine it won't cause any problems with your pen/s.) Here is a thread from earlier this year about Hero inks; most people that responded seem to have positive things to say about the ink: Hero Ink Experiences

Holly

Hi, I'd be glad to ship the Brils you'd like. I'm not a retailer, just a member from India who's got a lot of love from fpn. : )

"When in doubt, write."

-- Bangalore, India

A very generous offer, inkyvini. Thank you! :)

Have you used Bril Inks? If so, what are they like? Any recommendations?

Holly

Its very hard to find Bril ink in mumbai :(

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
- Osho

I've used Bril Blue which FPN member Mesu was kind enough to send me when I bought some pens from her. It is a beautiful deep blue that seems to darken the longer it stays in a pen, especially with ED filled ones. It is nicely saturated, has good flow, and no bleeding, showthrough, or feathering on any paper I have tried it on. It is inexpensive in India, but shipping costs do add to the cost we pay outside of India, of course. I for one think it's worth it.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Its very hard to find Bril ink in mumbai :(

It is in fact impossible to find Bril ink in Mumbai, unless you break into my house. :)

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I don't know anything about the ink.

But just based on the box, I would buy some:

Writers Delight

Fountain pens help improve handwriting

Name any of those other expensive, high end inks that say anything like that!... :P

"Bad spelling, like bad grammar, is an offense against society."

- - Good Form Letter Writing, by Arthur Wentworth Eaton, B.A. (Harvard);  © 1890

• 8 months later...

One can order bril ink online. However minimum amount of order is 500 so given that ink cost 18/- You will have to buy lots of stock :)

http://www.brilindia.com/product-detail/11/0.1597090014335090691.60ml-ink.jpg/1

I ordered it online and it was delivered within 8-10 days to me in Delhi. Due to the fact that other shipping carrier are rejecting transportation of inks so Bril is using indian postal service for delivery. Currently their plastic bottle are out of stock (which they mentioned they are trying to get in stock for safety in transportation reason) so you have to purchase glass bottles and there is high risk of them breaking during transportation.

My experience with Bril was rather delightful due to their customer friendly attitude. Once i placed the order i got a personal call from their folks explaining risk during transportation and he left me his personal number if any breakage of bottle happen. Later when I received the shipment due to abusive handling by Indian postal service out of total 28 bottles in my case 8 broke. Seems like they throw these packages around so padding, foam etc were not able to avoid breakage.

But when i informed the same to Bril they reply instantly. I was hoping that they send me these 8 broken bottles again but Bril told me that they are sending whole order of 28 bottles again free of cost :)

Second batch is currently in transit so even if some of them are broken i will still be left with 40-45 bottles of ink (After paying just 500/- Rs initially). Bril also mentioned that my package was one of the first they tried with Indian Post so after my feedback they have improved their packaging so chances of breakage is less.

^so thanks to you, I will receive my bottles safe and sound in Delhi. I have ordered 28 bottles, 7 of each color. :)

These will then be sent to another FPN member in another country.

BRILliant News! Now let me get to work and create a bit of space for my new additions from them :)

Bottles might actually break but good thing is that Brill is replenish them or whole order again :)

Even if Brill does not replenish them, I still believe that acquiring all these bottles just for 500 Rs is worth it because you are not wasting time running around market trying to find them as well as burning petrol for this.

Someday I hope to be able to buy a couple bottles of Bril Laurel Rose, but I don't really need 4 each of all 7 colors...

I'd be interested to try a few bottles (3 to 5 max) shipped to Europe, preferably in a plastic container or a very well padded package if glass bottles, if someone wants to launch this opportunity from India and if it makes sense economically given the shipping cost from India to Europe. You can pm me about that if you'd like.

I'd be interested to try a few bottles (3 to 5 max) shipped to Europe, preferably in a plastic container or a very well padded package if glass bottles, if someone wants to launch this opportunity from India and if it makes sense economically given the shipping cost from India to Europe. You can pm me about that if you'd like.

PM 'd you

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter