Changing Your User Name - New Display Name Option

wimg

Dearest people,

Lately we are receiving many request for User Name changes, so many that, unfortunately, we cannot fulfil them all in a timely fashion.

As a result, we now have added new functionality to the board, in order for everybody to change their so-called Display Name. As the tile implies, this is the name displayed here on the forums. The old User Name, or Member ID as it is officially called, will remain your login name, but your Display Name is what will be shown in posts, messages, etc., provided you have created a Display Name. In effect this also adds another layer of security to your login.

How can you change or create a Display Name?

It si not complex, here follow the steps:

1. Click on "Your Profile (your user Name / Member ID at the top right of the board).

2. Click on "My Settings" in the drop-down menu that appears.

3. The Settings screen appears, with a bunch op Tabs on the left. Click on the "Display Name" Tab (3rd from top).

4. In the Display Name screen change or add a name to your liking, enter your password in the second field, and click the Save changes button.

That's all.

Do note that you are allowed to change your Display Name once every 30 days, as long as you have a minimum of 10 posts.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

On behalf of the FPN Moderator and Admin Team

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuscer

• wimg

• RMN

• DaveBj

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much, Wim, this is another great improvement :thumbup:

But do we call you Virgina now, or Geena??? :)

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I'm happy with being DaveBj, but it's nice to have that option :thumbup:

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

It's a nice option to have. I don't know if I would use it, but I can see where I might.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Thank you :wub:

"Iktomi is a spider fairy. He wears brown deerskin leggins with long soft fringes on either side, and tiny beaded moccasins on his feet. His long black hair is parted in the middle and wrapped with red, red bands. Each round braid hangs over a small brown ear and falls forward over his shoulders. [...] Poor Iktomi cannot help being a little imp. And so long as he is a naughty fairy, he cannot find a single friend."

~Zitkala-Sa; Iktomi and the Ducks & Other Sioux Stories