WOW.... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-thums-up-059.gif

Some of the magenta should be in your Pink comparison.. How is that coming along? http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/hahaha-024.gif

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• amberleadavis

• carlos.q

• gwyneddd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! This is an incredible resource!

Thank you so very much for all the time and effort you put into this!

I love how thorough you were!

And that is a lot of purples! I thought I had tried a lot of purples - but goodness, you have way more purples than me! Some of these inks I don't have any easy access to, but they are still amazing to see how they all compare side by side.

Thank you so much for this wonderful purple treasure! :)

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work. Right now, my purple inks are Poussiere de Lune and PR's Plum, which you didn't happen to review but seems to be in between Iroshizuku's Yama-Budo and Murasaki-Shibu, which you didn't review as well (can't have them all...). I have both loaded up in pens. If I were to buy more ink (oh dear) then it would be African Violet, Majestic Purple or Ebony Purple. As usual, the Japanese inks have that je ne sais quois pas and i'm always intrigued by them.

Thank you so much for this. I love purples, and this is so much more convenient than even the Goulet swatch shop (not to knock the Goulets).

I got a set of pinks and roses from the Goulets and you know, sometimes looking at the color tests is a lot more satisfying than putting them in a pen and then going "meh." But both those activities are cheaper than buying an entire bottle of Iroshizuku and going "meh!"

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing.

Thank you for putting effort into compiling the list. I said I wouldn't purchase any inks for a while but this has made me think again.

At the risk of being redundant I can only echo everyone. Thank you.

This is a Herculean effort and I'm saving the link to this. This is not one I want to get lost in the shuffle of my memory

Thanks a lot.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right

to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers,

and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Revelation 22:14-15

• 7 months later...

Great and VERY thorough review. :D

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Wow thank you so much for posting this!

I think my favorite (besides BSiAR) is the MB Violet.

Gob smacked!

Thank you for the wonderful comparison and for having taken on this Herculean task! The only purple I have tried up to now is the Montblanc Lavender purple and I love this colour and the shading of this ink. However, I might try Poussière de Lune one day!

Edited by Serlo

Andreas

Okay, I admit, I've bought more inks since seeing this comprehensive comparison!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY