Hello FPN members and guests!

Today i will be reviewing the pen(Wality/Airmail 70AM) that i received just today through asapens.in. But before i start the review i would like to give a "thumbs up!" to ASA pens and Mr. L.Subramaniam! It was my 1st purchase from their site and i must say i am quite pleased with their service and the quality of the product and also the FP collection that they have.

Okay, so that aside lets start with the pen itself.

Airmail Pen Company was established in 1951 by Late Shri. Mohan L. Mirchandani and is one of the oldest of its kind in India. It produces two brands of Writing Instruments, Wality and Airmail.

The pen, along with the usual packaging and bubble wrap came in a transparent and sturdy Zip-lock pen pouch. The pouch also contained a little eyedropper as it is an eyedropper pen.

15473823566_f8f7656971_z.jpg

The pen itself has this beautiful Pinkish orange and purple acrylic body which shimmers in light and is very pleasing to the eye. The material also displays quite a depth to it.

15309906009_c1b38a993c_z.jpg

15473661456_a7a8a1099f_z.jpg

The cap is all metal with a beautiful texture, a dome shaped pointed top and an acrylic bottom that matches the pen body quite nicely. I also like the short clip, which has enough tension to it that it can secure the pen firmly in the pocket.

15310230057_eceff40364_z.jpg

Upon unscrewing the cap, you find a matching coloured semi-transparent grip section with a gold coloured airmail nib. The nib that i received was Fine-Medium in writing width and Very Very Wet! And i mean a GUSHER! It wrote quite pleasantly with some feedback. Also, it has some spring to it which offers a marginal line variation.

15310082550_ee4e994eed_z.jpg

15309910919_c00a2bb1a8_z.jpg

WRITING SAMPLE:

15502468785_5449ca3f61_c.jpg

Conclusion: It is a simple no-nonsense beautiful looking pen which performs quite nicely. I am looking forward to writing with it regularly and enjoying the shimmery acrylic which is sure to be an eye candy in bright sunlight!

If you are looking for a beautiful economical everyday pen this one might add a feather to your collection!

Edited by cjpandya

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cjpandya

• mrmohitmishra

• Amberjack

• neelotpals

Can You Post An Writing Sample for the Same ?

Thanks in Advance !

I have added the writing sample in the post itself.

Thank you for your comment.

I presume you are a new member of FPN?! Welcome to our community! Glad to to have you here! :-)

Nice pics and nice pen too. The red is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Sudhir

Fountain pen geek, bibliophile, aspiring audiophile.

Love Single Malt, Coffee, Beer.

Corporate slave by day.

Pursuing Inner Peace.

Slytherin, INTJ.

Follow me on Instagram @thepenperson

Follow me on Twitter @thepenperson

Nice pics and nice pen too. The red is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Sudhir

Thank you! :-)

Thanks for the detailed review , followed by excellent pictures as well ..

I am also having a 70AM .

Nice daily writer . But that's the only color available .

BTW , which is the ink used for writing example ?

Regards ,

BAAZ

Thanks for the detailed review , followed by excellent pictures as well ..

I am also having a 70AM .

Nice daily writer . But that's the only color available .

BTW , which is the ink used for writing example ?

Regards ,

BAAZ

You are welcome! And thanks a lot for your comment.

Glad to find a fellow user of the pen. I had thought that the single colour scheme of the pen might not appeal to many! Although, I agree its a really nice daily writer and I like the colour as well.

The ink I used is chelpark turquoise.

Thank you for the review. Looks like a very nice pen.

You are welcome! Thanks for your comment! Indeed, it is a nice pen for daily use in my opinion! :-)

How well do you like the colour of it?

I have this pen. It has a very beautiful hues of colour and appearance. Besides, its handmade.

Very nice pics.

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

I have this pen. It has a very beautiful hues of colour and appearance. Besides, its handmade.

Very nice pics.

Agreed! This is one of my 1st airmail pens and I am quite impressed with the quality. And for the price they sell, it is a steal for a handmade pen!

Thanks for your comment!

Thanks,

cjpandya

Previously, I was unable to see the Picture of the Writing Sample, But I've seen it now, and its beautiful.

And Ya, I'm Just A Rookie Here !

Neelotpal Sinharoy

Thanks,

cjpandya

Previously, I was unable to see the Picture of the Writing Sample, But I've seen it now, and its beautiful.

And Ya, I'm Just A Rookie Here !

You are welcome! Glad you found it useful!:-)

Edited by cjpandya

• 1 month later...

Good review of a nice pen, and great pictures!

I could see that this nib is one I have some spares of, and I just mounted one in my Swarna because it's nib tips broke due to corrosion...

I'm surprised you find the nib springy - and I can see it in the writing sample too - because mine is quite stiff.

The colors of your pen are beautiful, and that cap... Enjoy!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I wanted to buy this pen. Its so beautiful. But by the time I made up my mind I had already purchased so many pens from ASApens.in that I was hardly left with a penny. :) . Their services are excellent. Mr. Subramaniam is the kind of person who leaves no stone unturned to satisfy his customers.

Purchasing a fountain pen is always a pleasure. Purchasing from him appears more pleasurable...

I have been thinking about this pen for some time. Your review makes it too tempting.

Haha! It is what it is. Thanks a lot for your nice comment! I suggest if you want it, go ahead and get it. You will not be disappointed :)