Show Us What Ink You're Using Today!

A144

Sailor Shigure today, in a self-modified Noodler's Ebonite Konrad! I quickly became a fan of Sailor inks after my first bottle, a Kobe ink. :)

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• TheRealScubaSteve

• mehandiratta

I'll put 'em to the test! Now, if I can find a sunny window where the cat won't shred the paper... :) I'll try the office, with an eastern morning sun exposure...

Woo Hoo!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Sailor Shigure today, in a self-modified Noodler's Ebonite Konrad! I quickly became a fan of Sailor inks after my first bottle, a Kobe ink. :)

attachicon.gifIMG_20141104_223317.jpg

Stunning penmanship.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

attachicon.gifIMG_20141104_223317.jpg

Very stylish and bold writing. Beautiful.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20141104_151001.jpg

Montblanc Corn Poppy Red

That sample of Yama-dori up thread is really different than mine which is very blue green.

(Big fan of Sailor inks)

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20141104_151001.jpg

Montblanc Corn Poppy Red

Gorgeous color. Love the deep reds!

Gorgeous color. Love the deep reds!

It really changes depending on the paper.

It really changes depending on the paper.

In that picture it looks very close to my 8.2% or 9.8% Red C (don't recall which). Reds and blues look awesome in demonstrators.

IMG_20141104_204425.jpg

I came here to ask a question about the ink I'm using today and this thread was on top! Kismet! So. Last night I cleaned the Montegrappa Bordeaux out of this strange little fish pen I got at a garage sale and put Lamy Blue in it. Then I I wrote a short note to my 7 year old and realized I adored that shade of blue. Tonight at dinner my 5 year old started telling this long involved story so I started writing it down and the ink was almost black? I know it isn't because I didn't clean the pen well enough because a: I cleaned that sucker well! And b: it went from pink to blue - those don't mix to black.

tumblr_nejmrgNzxu1qzxo7mo1_1280.jpg

So - have any of y'all had any experience with ink color changing this drastically? The first note was written on just some random sketch paper and the second was written in a Clairefontaine notebook. I don't know if the paper would be the cause?

(Also I swear I have better handwriting most of the time. Both of these writing samples were slap-dash affairs!)

Edited by librarianpirate

I've seen blue-purple and visa verse as well as black to green or blue to green, but never something as drastic as pink to blue. Paper choice can certainly effect color, particularly absorbent paper in my experience, especially with feathering and/or spreading. Black looking ink drying to a different color seems to be the most common that I've dealt with. This is particularly true of heavily saturated inks and wet writers.

A lot of times even when you think the pen is clean, there are still some bits of ink that are trapped and the water will still come out looking clear. I've never used that ink in particular, though, so I can't comment too much.

I came here to ask a question about the ink I'm using today and this thread was on top! Kismet! So. Last night I cleaned the Montegrappa Bordeaux out of this strange little fish pen I got at a garage sale and put Lamy Blue in it. Then I I wrote a short note to my 7 year old and realized I adored that shade of blue. Tonight at dinner my 5 year old started telling this long involved story so I started writing it down and the ink was almost black? I know it isn't because I didn't clean the pen well enough because a: I cleaned that sucker well! And b: it went from pink to blue - those don't mix to black.

<pictures removed for space>

So - have any of y'all had any experience with ink color changing this drastically? The first note was written on just some random sketch paper and the second was written in a Clairefontaine notebook. I don't know if the paper would be the cause?

(Also I swear I have better handwriting most of the time. Both of these writing samples were slap-dash affairs!)

I suspect you didn't clean it. Red and blue make purple; this came out dark. It faded as the red cleaned out of the pen.

Flushing can leave clear water moving through the pen, when there's still little bits of ink caught in the dark corners of the feed. Soak it for 24 hours - stand the pen up, with liquid to just up over the top of the nib, but not over the whole section - and then flush or wrap a paper towel around it and see if any color is left.

Cleaning takes a lot longer than it sounds.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

In that picture it looks very close to my 8.2% or 9.8% Red C (don't recall which). Reds and blues look awesome in demonstrators.

IMG_20141104_204425.jpg

I love RC.

IMG_20141106_230202.jpg

*Edit: Don't worry, that is not your TWSBI being flexed like that, Amber! :P

Edited by TheRealScubaSteve

I am using De Atramentis Document Brown. I love it. Best waterproof brown drawing ink I've come across. The Black is the best waterproof black I have used. I can paint watercolour over the top (and have but then you wouldn't see the ink so well) without bleeding, running or any problems at all. Bravo!

post-117833-0-38341400-1415362938_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Jane

My Website

I am using De Atramentis Document Brown. I love it. Best waterproof brown drawing ink I've come across. The Black is the best waterproof black I have used. I can paint watercolour over the top (and have but then you wouldn't see the ink so well) without bleeding, running or any problems at all. Bravo!

Beautiful ink, and a splendid drawing!

IMG_20141106_230202.jpg

*Edit: Don't worry, that is not your TWSBI being flexed like that, Amber! :P

Woo Hoo.

Color is great.