• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• TheRealScubaSteve

• mehandiratta

IMG_20141102_215842.jpg

I like the color. :)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

It's a bit more red in the photo. I had to edit the contrast a bit to show the shading, but I do have a second mix that resembles the photo. Now only if I can find a way to make a burned orange/brick color. That'd be cool!

Try Habanero.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Try Habanero.

That might make for an interesting combo. I'll have to pick up a sample with my next order. It'll be a TWSBI for sure.

IMG_20141102_233146.jpgIMG_20141102_233155.jpg

It is pretty.

Just for fun --a view of the inks I have in pens right now, with little icons swashed with a wet Q-tip. I was attempting to put them in some kind of order, but I don't know if this works... And apparently the light on my desk is really, really yellow, so I had to correct the tint, and it looks extra blue. Can't seem to find a good medium.

fpn_1415065075__warm_colors2.jpg

fpn_1415065107__cool_colors2.jpg

Edited by HalloweenHJB

Just for fun --a view of the inks I have in pens right now, with little icons swashed with a wet Q-tip. I was attempting to put them in some kind of order, but I don't know if this works... And apparently the light on my desk is really, really yellow. Sorry for the weird tint from the fluorescent bulb.

Diamine Meadow and Deep Dark Orange looks really nice. Your handwriting is amazing.

Diamine Meadow and Deep Dark Orange looks really nice. Your handwriting is amazing.

REEEALLY love Deep Dark Orange. Rich, complex. And if I loved green inks, I would really love Diamine's Meadow --it's great, but green ink really makes me edgy. Don't know why... ;)

Just for fun --a view of the inks I have in pens right now, with little icons swashed with a wet Q-tip. I was attempting to put them in some kind of order, but I don't know if this works... And apparently the light on my desk is really, really yellow, so I had to correct the tint, and it looks extra blue. Can't seem to find a good medium.

fpn_1415065075__warm_colors2.jpg

fpn_1415065107__cool_colors2.jpg

This is AWESOME. Now, cut it in half and put it in a window... or in the window of a caboose. What fades first? BSB

From top to bottom, my guesses on what would remain...

BSAiR

Oxblood

RD might be legible

Bordeaux

Orchids would be legible but not the same color

Rouge Hemetite

AS will be readible

Habanero will still be there and in great shape

Ama Iro will be readible

Forest Green will look the same

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1919.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1889.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1882.jpg

Okay, I cleaned out pens... That is what I had inked in late September through October.

I like this. I'm going to start making a list too. How long do you leave it in the window for fade tests? Maybe I'll fold in thirds and do a water test on one side, too.

In my first fade tests, I did water tests in the center. I discovered that ink that was exposed to water faded faster than the ink that was just exposed to light.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Tests/Fade/2012/Subjects/slides/02-2012-10-28_02.jpg

The 2013 test had me doing it in sections like this:

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Tests/Fade/2013/slides/2013-FADE_289w.jpg

I then cut it into several pieces so I could line up and compare the washed and the regular inks.

You will see dramatic results within the first month. The 2013 Fade Olympics lasted 1 year.

Don't forget to post that on the Fade thread.

Yes m'am! It'll be a while since I'm just now starting to make a list of inks in use. :)

From top to bottom, my guesses on what would remain...

BSAiR

Oxblood

RD might be legible

Bordeaux

Orchids would be legible but not the same color

Rouge Hemetite

AS will be readible

Habanero will still be there and in great shape

Ama Iro will be readible

Forest Green will look the same

I'll put 'em to the test! Now, if I can find a sunny window where the cat won't shred the paper... :) I'll try the office, with an eastern morning sun exposure...