Show Us What Ink You're Using Today!

A144

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions and images! I just had to get a bottle of the Iroshizuku Ama-iro --it's just the right light blue that I've been looking for. I have a lot of turquoise, but I wanted a real "sky blue."

And the R&K Alt Goldgrün looks very intriguing! I may have to give that one a try!

post-81549-0-57679700-1413843558_thumb.jpg

Yes! Very nice ink, especially for flex lovers. It has quite some shading variation. Don't let the feathering bother you in this picture, it was just on cheap copy paper, it works wonderfully on Rhodia. The pen use was an EMF modded Noodler's Nib Creeper. Disregard the ridiculous flourishing, lol.

Edited by Febeleh

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• TheRealScubaSteve

• mehandiratta

attachicon.gifimg287.jpg

Yes! Very nice ink, especially for flex lovers. It has quite some shading variation. Don't let the feathering bother you in this picture, it was just on cheap copy paper, it works wonderfully on Rhodia. The pen use was an EMF modded Noodler's Nib Creeper. Disregard the ridiculous flourishing, lol.

I am in AWE of your flourishing! Be sure to share more of it!

Nagasawa Kobe Sumaura Seaside Blue! Love it.

amazing handwriting... :wub:

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Some very naughty and wicked people showed samples of the new J. Herbin 1670 ink, Stormy Grey. Now, I am waiting (not so patiently) for the next shipment. In the meantime, I will have to content myself with the sublime Rouge Hematite while the flowers from my plumeria fall.

fpn_1413899718__duocraft-rouge_hematite-

fpn_1413899672__duocraft-rouge-closeup.j

That Iro Ama-Iro looks fantastic, SujiCorp12345! Really light feelings but appears saturated and mellow enough to use for every day tasks.

I can confirm that it's a great ink! The bottle just arrived this morning, and I am super happy with the shade. It's a real light blue or sky blue, with only a hint of turquoise. I've been looking for a perfect blue to match the official color of the Argentine flag, and this is pretty close!

fpn_1414077505__ama-iro-sample.jpg

fpn_1414078017__flag_of_argentina.png

A144, I love the Tsuki-Yo though, could be a good replacement for the old Pelikan blue black 4001 which was my favorite until they changed it. Although, now that I've tried Noodler's Bad Blue Heron, I'm kind of thinking of keeping it. Not a blue black, but its blue dries to a very distinguished, yet still vibrant blue. More towards the teal end than the purple end of the blue spectrum, which I prefer, but not a teal at all, a real blue. Very saturated.

post-116072-0-63113500-1414105161_thumb.jpg

It's interesting how inks can (obviously) look so different under different lights... Nothing beats a bright day for my inks to really come through in all their splendour but it's not always available... Had to turn on my phone's light for them to come close under a magnifier app.

Tsuyu Kusa

fpn_1414114461__tsuyu_kusa.jpg

Asa Gao

fpn_1414114504__asa_gao.jpg

Myosotis

fpn_1414114544__myosotis.jpg

Ajisai

fpn_1414114575__ajisai.jpg

Yama Guri

fpn_1414114624__yama_guri.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

post-116964-0-31407500-1414125902_thumb.jpg

Sailor Jentle Sky High was an impulse purchase yesterday from a local store, so glad I did that now I've realised it's discontinued. The shading is so much fun. It's been quiet at work today and I'm the only one here in my team so there has been more doodling with that ink in my Noodlers Flex pen than work happening here :D (I did resist the urge to bust out my Rhodia #38 dotpad I bought at lunch, thought that might draw a little too much attention....yes that is the super size pad)

post-116964-0-14095100-1414125895_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jenifermarie

Pelikan M205 F Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris - Pilot VP F Iroshizuku Kon-peki - Pilot Falcon SF Iroshizuku Tsutsuji

Lamy Safari EF Noodlers Black - Lamy Al Star 1.1 Private Reserve Rose Rage - Lamy Safari F Diamine Flamingo Pink - Lamy Al Star F Waterman Inspired Blue

TWSBI 580AL F - Omas Violet - TWSBI 580AL M De Atramentis Sherlock Holmes - TWSBI Vac700 F - Diamine Grey

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1867.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1867.jpg

Wow. Intense. :o

Sometimes, court is boring.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...

I do wonder if the obsession for fun inks can be caught off the internet, but I seem to have been bitten by the bug.

But you never know what might happen. I ordered some J. Herbin "Bleu Azure," but what they sent was "Rose Tendresse." I already have a lot of blues, but not a lot of pinks, so I thought, what the heck, I'll just keep it. Kind of like it.

I may use it for grading papers, since it's so much less aggressive than the deep, bloody red I usually use. ;) Sorry for the poor photo --it's dark and gloomy in Indianapolis today.

fpn_1414962563__img_0555.jpg

I just tried it and it was too dry for me. How do you like it?

I just tried it and it was too dry for me. How do you like it?

So far, it's actually quite wet, at least in my Waterman Commando. I did notice a bit of sediment in the bottle, but I shook it till it whimpered, and it seems OK. We'll see how it goes tomorrow, after it sits overnight.