Show Us What Ink You're Using Today!

A144

We've got a show us what pen you're using today thread, but I couldn't find a show us what ink you're using thread, so...

I'll go first!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc203/BigBassin/EDCink10-7_zpsafcf5c6c.jpg

- Asa-gao is a really nice saturated blue when in a wet pen. It looks really nice out a juicy 1.1 stub.
- DeA Aubergine is a dark purple in a wet nib, but still noticeably purple. No mistaking it for black like PR Ebony Purple. This might be my first bottle of DeA ink.
- Verdigris is wonderful! Flows and behaves well, as I've come to expect from R&K inks. A blue black, with just enough green to be interesting. Definitely getting a bottle!
- Matador is a really nice true red. Not too much brown, not too much orange. A great companion to the the darker Red Dragon and Oxblood inks... I think I like Diamine's reds.
- Yama-guri... Performs quite well, I just can't seem to connect with any brown inks.
- Sherwood Green is another nice ink from Diamine. I just don't know if I need another bottle of standard green ink with PR Sherwood, MB Irish, and Gruene Marine...
- Antietam, IMO, is Noodler's attempt matching Ancient Copper. I like AC better.
- Tsuki-yo is kind of boring, I'm not a big fan of plain blue-blacks. Reminds me a lot of Noodler's Bad Blue Heron. Does have some sheen though.
- Baystate Blue. It's a staple in my inky EDC. Need I say more?

So many inks, so little time...

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• TheRealScubaSteve

• mehandiratta

That is some weird looking Tsuki-Yo in the swab type area. I've never gotten that red sheen out of it. That looks a bit like Sailor Sei-Boku.

Preferred Tsukushi over Yama-Guri.

My bottle of Diamine Sherwood Green started having issues fairly quickly. Loved the color, not the long-term usability of it.

One thing that I like about Iroshizuku inks is that the color is exactly what it says on the tin so-to-speak. Ajisai really looks like a purple hydrangea flower. Asa-Gao does look a lot like blue morning glories.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan

Looking good!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

That is some weird looking Tsuki-Yo in the swab type area. I've never gotten that red sheen out of it. That looks a bit like Sailor Sei-Boku.

Preferred Tsukushi over Yama-Guri.

My bottle of Diamine Sherwood Green started having issues fairly quickly. Loved the color, not the long-term usability of it.

One thing that I like about Iroshizuku inks is that the color is exactly what it says on the tin so-to-speak. Ajisai really looks like a purple hydrangea flower. Asa-Gao does look a lot like blue morning glories.

Not always but I do get to see sheen out of Tsuki-yo (even with an extra fine nib).

Today is just like everyday, I have:

Pelikan Tanzanite, Topaz

Pilot Asa Gao/Tsuki-yo

J.Herbin Perle Noire

I have never seen a red sheen out of Tsuki-Yo, even out of the wettest writing modern pen I have. Even under 6500K daylight bulbs. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I usually don't even get sheen out of Sei-Boku unless I have filled the pen a couple of times without flushing.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan

I have never seen a red sheen out of Tsuki-Yo, even out of the wettest writing modern pen I have. Even under 6500K daylight bulbs. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I usually don't even get sheen out of Sei-Boku unless I have filled the pen a couple of times without flushing.

The Tsuki-yo text was written with a TWSBI 580 F, that is fairly wet for a fine nib. The "swab" was done with the same pen with 1.1 stub. Paper was Rhodia Dotpad. I usually don't get sheen out of it in my daily writing with EF-M nibs.

I was just doing some stress-relief scribbling in my journal with Diamine Amazing Amethyst and it looks real cool, I think.

http://i58.tinypic.com/256e6te.jpg

I have class, TAing, and a bunch of homework to do today, so will for sure end up using MB Dandy Turquoise, Noodler's Lexington Grey, Kobe Stone Grey, Noodler's 54th Mass, and Noodler's La Reine Mauve over the course of today. Maybe others! I have Apache Sunset in an Ahab right now and it's just soooo fun.

I was just doing some stress-relief scribbling in my journal with Diamine Amazing Amethyst and it looks real cool, I think.

http://i58.tinypic.com/256e6te.jpg

I have class, TAing, and a bunch of homework to do today, so will for sure end up using MB Dandy Turquoise, Noodler's Lexington Grey, Kobe Stone Grey, Noodler's 54th Mass, and Noodler's La Reine Mauve over the course of today. Maybe others! I have Apache Sunset in an Ahab right now and it's just soooo fun.

Yay, pictures! :D :D

Here is what I currently have inked up. I might have a thing for hard to get ink......

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a549/alarickc1/Mobile%20Uploads/20141009_165036_zpsftzzkva6.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

Here is what I currently have inked up. I might have a thing for hard to get ink......

No kidding, you've got some real nice exclusive inks there! P&M Cigar looks great, I should've gotten a bottle during the recently group buy.

http://i62.tinypic.com/keervd.jpg

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

I wrote this out late last night...But I am still using it today in 2 pens now, so it still counts! :P

http://i60.tinypic.com/30a9cmc.jpg

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Orange, for a warm Autumn day...

14918166524_2801ea4c6e.jpg

Oh, my Son's birthday too.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

post-116964-0-75556900-1413444883_thumb.jpg

My company only gives us one "casual Friday" per month, so I like to find other things that I can go casual with on Fridays....like my inks :) All inked up ready for tomorrow.

Pelikan M205 F Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris - Pilot VP F Iroshizuku Kon-peki - Pilot Falcon SF Iroshizuku Tsutsuji

Lamy Safari EF Noodlers Black - Lamy Al Star 1.1 Private Reserve Rose Rage - Lamy Safari F Diamine Flamingo Pink - Lamy Al Star F Waterman Inspired Blue

TWSBI 580AL F - Omas Violet - TWSBI 580AL M De Atramentis Sherlock Holmes - TWSBI Vac700 F - Diamine Grey

Oh, my Son's birthday too.

15364008689_140daf5e70.jpg

It turns out that I did get ink for my birthday - Iroshizuku chiku rin.

(My very first Iroshizuku ink - yay!) And I love it.

And it doesn't look terrible on cheap notebook paper, either. :)

15364008689_140daf5e70.jpg

It turns out that I did get ink for my birthday - Iroshizuku chiku rin.

(My very first Iroshizuku ink - yay!) And I love it.

And it doesn't look terrible on cheap notebook paper, either. :)

The ink matches nicely with the pen (is that a Prera?)

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v