Sos Sailor Ink - Kobe, Bung Box And Ishida Bungu Help

bstnnyc

Bestnnyc - thanks for the tip. Love the YSL mascara for the lovely colors that aren't irritants, so I'll have a look at the polish tomorrow. You were a bad inlfuence as always, I drifted onto NARS.com just in time for a 20% off entire order orgy.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bstnnyc

• saskia_madding

• Ghost Plane

• Algester

Bestnnyc - thanks for the tip. Love the YSL mascara for the lovely colors that aren't irritants, so I'll have a look at the polish tomorrow. You were a bad inlfuence as always, I drifted onto NARS.com just in time for a 20% off entire order orgy.

I'm sorry to be a bad influence on spending :P but I'm happy you got a discount! I can only imagine the damage we would have all done with 20% off yesterday on the Sailor shop exclusives haha

Wow. Sapphire is so beautiful!

Sapphire is beautiful in person and has great shading with just a hint of sheen, so I definitely recommend it if you are looking for a new blue!

My Bungbox inks came today! bstnnyc here is a quick writing sample of Tears of a Clown. I would say it is not similar to the nailpolish as this has a pink-ish, rosy undertone (I know I wrote "reddish brown" on the paper but in better light it looks more rosy). Sorry for the poor quality, I used a cellphone. The second picture was taken with the torch on my phone on. Will take better pics tomorrow if it's sunny :)

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

These writing samples are very helpful! I am happy you posted them, because I was tempted to order the Tears of a Clown in case I don't like the Akane, but I don't think I would use it much because of the strong pink-ish undertone. Thank you for these photos nyx_h!

These writing samples are very helpful! I am happy you posted them, because I was tempted to order the Tears of a Clown in case I don't like the Akane, but I don't think I would use it much because of the strong pink-ish undertone. Thank you for these photos nyx_h!

I'd do sample swap with you for that great purple. The thing is BBTOC is Sailor's version of Penman Ruby, but it sheens better. Thing is, I think Red Cashmere (Susemai / Blackstone) is actually prettier and sheenier.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Thing is, I think Red Cashmere (Susemai / Blackstone) is actually prettier and sheenier.

Totally agree with Amber.. pic of the sheen...

fpn_1415363464__sheen.jpg

Red Cashmere below... 16% is the highest concentration

fpn_1406730778__susemai09.jpg

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

for the record, I am not a huge fan of BB Ruby. The akane is nice, but it's not doing anything Herbin 1670 or one of the LE MB SG inks does (Winterglow or SG 2007 or Ink of Love).

Still waiting for sun! they say tomorrow is my day. I've got tons of reviews to photograph too, so here's hoping.

I'd do sample swap with you for that great purple. The thing is BBTOC is Sailor's version of Penman Ruby, but it sheens better. Thing is, I think Red Cashmere (Susemai / Blackstone) is actually prettier and sheenier.

Sure I'd love to do a sample swap! I'm embarrassed to say that the only two Penman inks I've seen are the Sapphire and the Emerald, which were beautiful, so a higher sheening version of a Penman red sounds good.

Totally agree with Amber.. pic of the sheen...

Red Cashmere below... 16% is the highest concentration

WOW thank you for posting these! That sheen and the shade of the red are beautiful. I've never tried the Susemai inks. Do know if the Red Cashmere has any clogging issues like the original formula of Rouge Hematite because that gold sheen is crazy?

Sure I'd love to do a sample swap! I'm embarrassed to say that the only two Penman inks I've seen are the Sapphire and the Emerald, which were beautiful, so a higher sheening version of a Penman red sounds good.

WOW thank you for posting these! That sheen and the shade of the red are beautiful. I've never tried the Susemai inks. Do know if the Red Cashmere has any clogging issues like the original formula of Rouge Hematite because that gold sheen is crazy?

No issues whatsoever... and cleans like a champ!!! I was one of the original testers.. and it was in my clear TWSBI for 6 months+... I keep refilling it.. and it cleans easy.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

for the record, I am not a huge fan of BB Ruby. The akane is nice, but it's not doing anything Herbin 1670 or one of the LE MB SG inks does (Winterglow or SG 2007 or Ink of Love).

Still waiting for sun! they say tomorrow is my day. I've got tons of reviews to photograph too, so here's hoping.

Thank you Saskia! There is no rush; all the other inks you helped me pick are keeping me busy :P I got a new pen this week and I loved what it did with About to Leave, so I'm excited to go back and try all of my favorite shop exclusives with it. PS The MB SG 2007 is the one that I wish I had been able to get; the color looks beautiful :/

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny here too finally so I have my fingers crossed because there are some blues I've been wanting to photograph in daylight.

No issues whatsoever... and cleans like a champ!!! I was one of the original testers.. and it was in my clear TWSBI for 6 months+... I keep refilling it.. and it cleans easy.

C.

Thank you for the good tip Cyber 6! I will add this one to the list of inks to try :)

I predict you will LOVE Blackstone / Susemai Red Cashmere.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

It wasn't sunny enough to take review shots, but I got about 45 seconds of sun(ish) to snap these. As I said, it's okay. Not great.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/FPN%20comparison%20shots/DSC00191_zps01480478.jpg

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/FPN%20comparison%20shots/DSC00189_zpsa74be9b3.jpg

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/FPN%20comparison%20shots/DSC00187_zps2d4c0f00.jpg

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/FPN%20comparison%20shots/DSC00190_zpse7de58bf.jpg

It wasn't sunny enough to take review shots, but I got about 45 seconds of sun(ish) to snap these. As I said, it's okay. Not great.

Matter of opinion... I LOOOOVE Akane... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Try it on Tomoe River... it looks sooo different there... :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I predict you will LOVE Blackstone / Susemai Red Cashmere.

I think you are right!

Thank you so much for posting these pics Saskia! So far I think Akane is my favorite of the Sailor reds but like you I am not in 100% head over heels to email Atsu immediately. I'm going to think about it a little more and either give in and order a bottle or save a little on the Sailor red and settle for one of Oku Yama and still have a more complete rainbow of Sailor inks :)

PS The sun wasn't great near me either; I tried taking photos of the blues I've been wanting to post and they didn't turn out the way I had hoped...