Sos Sailor Ink - Kobe, Bung Box And Ishida Bungu Help

bstnnyc

Oh yes.. .Cigar is magical.. and I think is one of my favorite Japanese inks.... I have a "thing" ..where I don't buy duplicates of inks.. but I did get two of Cigar... and what you do when you have two bottles of a wonderful and exciting and hard to obtain ink??.. You share.. :D ... I gave my sweetheart (which BTW is a cigar smoker) a bottle of Cigar... and he is also in love with it... :wub: :wub:

The other ink I am finding quite striking too is Hakodate Gagome (Algae?) from Ishida Bungu. :puddle: :puddle:

C.

I'm the same; I don't usually get duplicates either (the only ones I've done it for so far are some of the MB LEs and Epinard :cloud9: ). That's so nice of you to give a bottle to your sweetheart and it's good that he gets excited about inks too!

PS The ink you posted a photo of that you have me thinking about is the Sei Ran! That one is definitely on the above (not so short) shortlist of 25 haha

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bstnnyc

• saskia_madding

• Ghost Plane

• Algester

That reminds me! I think the green is back in stock, so I'd better get some of the Sei Ran and the other bottle. maybe i'll even get two of the blue. :D

On the way I've got back ups of the P+M, and about 8 or 9 of the SankoDo inks. I'm excited!

ETA: Oops. I forgot I ordered the hougado ones too. :P

That makes me feel a little better about wanting to get so many inks :P I emailed Atsu today too to ask about the Sei Ran and the Vintage Denim haha Both look too nice to pass up :headsmack:

PS I would love to hear what you think of the Hougados when you get them!

Thank you for the very helpful tips that make it so much easier to narrow down this Sailor wishlist and find the perfect inks! I think I will only order a bottle of the Sei Ran this time then

PS I thought I would share photos of the Kobe#7 (Kaikyo - Sea Strait Blue) that arrived this evening for anyone thinking about getting this ink.

I love the color and the ink has a magical sheen and a wonderful flow :cloud9:! You were right Saskia -- it is a beautiful dark blue and I am so happy to add it to the ink rotation! I will post photos of the other inks as soon as soon as they come in

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/photo1_zps4b353aba.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/photo1-1_zps4c30149a.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/photo2_zpsef1272ea.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/photo5_zps0e6af9c9.jpg

Darn you! I'd taken that one off my wish list. Now it goes straight back on. Argh!

haha I'm happy to hear the post helped put it back on your list Ghost Plane (and that I'm not the only one giving in to temptation :P)! Which others are on your Sailor wishlist?

Oh man, that Kobe #7 is gorgeous. Gotta get it off my untried list!

You totally should :) ! Which other Kobes are you thinking of trying next?

haha thank you for letting me know! it's back on now :P I know they are very different but if you could only get one this month and one in a month which one do you think is more interesting in case the other sells out? I'm leaning towards the Sei Ran because of the shade of blue, but wanted to see which feels more special to you

You totally should :) ! Which other Kobes are you thinking of trying next?

I am an inveterate ink hoarder, so I have actually purchased quite a few of the Kobes and shop-exclusive Sailors and then sat back and admired them and not actually *used* them. So this wouldn't even be a question of ones to buy but ones to bite the bullet and ink up. :)

I actually don't have the Sei-ran yet (I put in a request to WRE though), so I'm not sure I have authority to discuss which is better. Sorry!

I find the bottle so elegant.... is one of my favorite blues... :wub: :wub:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I actually don't have the Sei-ran yet (I put in a request to WRE though), so I'm not sure I have authority to discuss which is better. Sorry!

I might wait then to see which one seems more interesting to you to order that one first :)

I actually have one more question that I've been meaning to ask you. I usually don't like teals but loved Yama Dori. My only complaint is that I wish it had a more generous flow. I was thinking of ordering the Maruzen Eternal Blue as a replacement because it looks beautiful in the photos you posted, but I wanted to check if you think its flow is more generous than Yama Dori's.

I am an inveterate ink hoarder, so I have actually purchased quite a few of the Kobes and shop-exclusive Sailors and then sat back and admired them and not actually *used* them. So this wouldn't even be a question of ones to buy but ones to bite the bullet and ink up. :)

Your ink stash sounds like Christmas morning! I'd be a kid in a candy store haha

I'd been filling my list with greens, but now the blues are catching up. Sigh...

Blues are my kryptonite... As soon as I get one, I'm already thinking of which one to get next :headsmack:

Your ink stash sounds like Christmas morning! I'd be a kid in a candy store haha

It's not bad. :) I have a few rarities, which I'm pleased about, but there are some things I missed out on, as well. Or, like, didn't get much of because I didn't know any better and now hoard even more than the rest (like MB Hitchcock).