Info Needed - This Pen Does Not Exist!

TXKat

Okay, so today I hit an Estate Sale and snagged a Pacific Pen and Pencil set. Both cleaned up quite nicely and the brass looks good also, but I've never heard of this .....what ....9th tier, lol, company? I have not been able to find one single reference to either pen or pencil and nothing for Pacific. I'm at a complete loss.

The nib is the basic Supreme 14K Gold Plate and the pen needs a new sack. Pencil needs lead, lol.

The color is beautiful and the emblem looks to be a laurel with a P in the middle. Can't find any info anywhere on this!! Has anyone ever heard of such an animal? The nib says nothing of the size, so no clue what size it is.

I may have gotten taken on this grouping, but hoping it writes well. Not a real flexible nib, but in good shape.

Any thought would be be appreciated!!

(The dark clip is on the pencil.)

Attached Images
  • post-76436-0-98698200-1412204176.jpg
  • post-76436-0-79771800-1412204180.jpg
  • post-76436-0-11753000-1412204185.jpg
  • post-76436-0-61807400-1412204192.jpg

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TXKat

• estie1948

• YNY

• Kuscer

Top Posters In This Topic

Very pretty pens. I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about Pacific pens. I have a Dexter pen (another orphan or anonymous pen company) with the same nib.

Good luck with your search.

-David.

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

Thanks David. They are quite pretty, which is part of why I nabbed them. The color is much prettier than they look in that photo. I should take another. They don't look that cheap really. If they write well, brilliant! Worth the price of admission. It might be one of those 'none ever sold or survived' type pens and I'd be happy, but the curiosity is killing me!!! (Curiosity killed the kat jokes ... go ahead....I have an answer, muahahahaha!)

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

They seem to look familiar, though I often say stuff is familiar but it really isn't. I don't know, I just really feel like I've seen them somewhere before... where did you buy them?

Perhaps Pacific is not the name of the pen manufacturer but the name of a company for whom the pens were made.

sorry if this is a duplicate post. My first does not appear to have posted after clicking "Post".

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I thought about that, too. If that's the case, I'm even further behind, lolol! No way to tell who would have made a pen for Pacific...whatever...lol.

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Thanks David. They are quite pretty, which is part of why I nabbed them. The color is much prettier than they look in that photo. I should take another. They don't look that cheap really. If they write well, brilliant! Worth the price of admission. It might be one of those 'none ever sold or survived' type pens and I'd be happy, but the curiosity is killing me!!! (Curiosity killed the kat jokes ... go ahead....I have an answer, muahahahaha!)

Okay, I'll bite. Curiosity killed the cat . . . ? What's the answer? "Satisfaction brought it back"?

I haven't found the article I wanted, but let me at least give you a place to search: Fountain Pen Restoration - http://munsonpens.wordpress.com/ - an excellent source of information by Phil Munson who is a member here at FPN. Somewhere on his site in an article about store pens (pens made for department stores, drug stores, and such to sell under their own names - Sears, Montgomery Wards, et cetera) is a photo of a pen clip with the first letter of the name of the pen company in a circle. I have been rummaging about in my parts pens boxes for a pen with a similar clip. Mine is not Pacific, but it does have the first letter in a circle.

I realize I haven't provided any answers for you, but you have gotten my curiosity up and I am on the search. If I find something this side of the grave, I promise I will let you know.

-David.

Well, I may have an avenue to explore...may....based on this link!!

Seems it's possible it could have been a Wearever product Now to see for sure...

Edited by TXKat

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Fantastic, Freshink. I want to thank you for this informative link. I believe I have now found the manufacturer of some of my orphan fountain pens and combos. ""Wearever" was not actually a company, but was instead just one trade name used by David Kahn, Inc., which manufactured writing instruments under a whole host of names . . ." including Pacific and some of my orphans. Very interesting.

-David.

So...this is not a Wearever, but a Kahn design? And Pacific a sub brand. The clip in the photo is a definite match, but the bands on my pen and pencil are different. (Does that matter?) I"m guessing the age is from the 30's???? No idea how to tell.

Thanks for the great links. I couldn't get anything to come up on Google and I'd never seen the sites linked to above, before. Great!!!! :)

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)