Morbus Curiositas

Hopefully you won't lose your head...

Hopefully you won't lose your head...

:) :lol: :D

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbus Curiositas

• janeblundellart

• amberleadavis

• Cyber6

What is the thinning agent for the waterproof inks?

Because they are permanent bombproof and lightfast inks (see links)

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/270697-de-atramentis-document-inks-brown-and-green/

You cannot dillute with water.... With this stuff you can make every graduation/shade of those permanent ink colours...

There is deal for DA ink 4=3. pay 3 get 4 bottles (35 ml €18 .... normal inks vary from €9-12).

Also there is a discount on the thinning agent Normally € 12,50... FPN members only €5,10

When buying the CMYK Colours and the thinnin agetn you save aprox. $30, dollars.... This compensate those nasty shipping costs.

I will add a reply with you name in the Original posted Topic in the Market watch.... This wa it pops up in the list... Futher instructions I will write there :)

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

I'm sorry, I was not specific. I was asking, chemically, what does the thinning agent (verduenner) consist of? I understand that waterproof means water will not thin it--how could it do so and be waterproof?

I'm sorry, I was not specific. I was asking, chemically, what does the thinning agent (verduenner) consist of? I understand that waterproof means water will not thin it--how could it do so and be waterproof?

It is permanent ink without pigments :)

You wrote you would like such a set.... I just posted a reply to the Free bottle of De atramentis in the Market forum.... there are instructions included.... If you want some of these inks

Peter

It is permanent ink without pigments :)

You wrote you would like such a set.... I just posted a reply to the Free bottle of De atramentis in the Market forum.... there are instructions included.... If you want some of these inks

Peter

Danke, dass ist jetzt nicht so viel Information --ich fragte nach was ist fuer den chemische Komponenten. Zum Beispiel, riecht es? (Manche Lösungsmittel gibt mir ein Problem weil ich etwas emfindlich bin.) Aber--danke, ich wird sehe ob ich moechte ein Probenset kaufen.

Danke, dass ist jetzt nicht so viel Information --ich fragte nach was ist fuer den chemische Komponenten. Zum Beispiel, riecht es? (Manche Lösungsmittel gibt mir ein Problem weil ich etwas emfindlich bin.) Aber--danke, ich wird sehe ob ich moechte ein Probenset kaufen.

Coooooooolllllll you speak German too.. :)

Sehr schön... Schöne Tag :) :)

De Atramentis Permanent CMYK Ink Experiments

Cybaea your yellow is on it's way

I am looking forward to it!

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

I am looking forward to it!

You're welcome :)

... and er....

I sort of took the liberty of adding a small tube with DA Wine ink Merlot to that letter.... ;)

Love that inks.... Looks beautiful and er it doesn't taste badly either :puddle:

I sort of took the liberty of adding a small tube with DA Wine ink Merlot to that letter.... ;)

Love that inks.... Looks beautiful and er it doesn't taste badly either :puddle:

I will totally take your word for the taste! :o I am not sure that all of the preservatives in ink are safe for human consumption.... Don't want to end up :sick:

Edited by cybaea

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

I will totally take your word for the taste! :o I am not sure that all of the preservatives in ink are safe for human consumption.... Don't want to end up :sick:

Well Cybaea,

I guess you are right... partially....

All the DA inks comply with the EN71-3 safety standard. This European standard maes the ink safe for children. If one of the kids finds a bottle and decides to savoura dram...

But you are right I prefer a nice glass of Saint- Emillion (Merlot grapes) for drinking and I use the ink for writing :)

By the way it is now Oktober 6 and I am still alive :)

I prefer a nice glass of Saint-Emilion too.

Pomerol is great too... :puddle:

Maybe some day we drink a bottle....

Visiting Britain has been long on me and my girlfriends list :)

Dear Gwyneddd

Dr Jansen yestrday wrote me a quick answer on hte solvents.

You do not have to worry here. It does not contain any solvents. According to Dr Jansen this would cause the pigmanets to solve or disappear/solve. So non of the solvents you mentioned are in the ink.

Dr Jansen confirmed that the Thinningagent for Document inks is merely an Ink without pigments. The more you add the lighter (via dillution) the ink gets.

You also wrote that you are "etwas Empfindlich" for some contents in inks.

All the DA inks comply with the EN71-3 safety standard. This European Standard makes the ink absolutely safe for children (if they decide to drink it or so).

On the supporting issue I will come back to you

Regards

Peter

Just to be clear: as I understand it, EN71-3 does NOT make it safe to drink, it just means that if you bite the lid of the bottle you will not get arsenic poisoning. The standard limts how much the toy (!) can deposit of a certain list of substances (like arsenic, lead, and so on).

Just to be clear: as I understand it, EN71-3 does NOT make it safe to drink, it just means that if you bite the lid of the bottle you will not get arsenic poisoning. The standard limts how much the toy (!) can deposit of a certain list of substances (like arsenic, lead, and so on).

I have to look into that. anyway The ink is not toxic.

By the way talking about children and Men never growinp up.... I just made a colour plate wiht as many of my inks as possible :)

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/275669-mandala-with-as-many-of-my-inks-possible-colour-mayhem/

It was a lot of fun to do :D

But back on topic....

On your advise I will stop drinking.....

Ink :)

Ok, so if it had isopropyl, that is toxic, so it must be sulfonated something. I wish people would answer the question and not beat around the bush.

Frustrated retired chemist...

Ok, so if it had isopropyl, that is toxic, so it must be sulfonated something. I wish people would answer the question and not beat around the bush.

Frustrated retired chemist...

i will inform about that.... Is that stuff in many inks. How about Biro ink