Morbus Curiositas

De Atramentis Permanent CMYK Ink Experiments

Dear FPN friends,

I have already reviewed some of the DeAtramentis document inks. These are truly Bombproof inks. I tested the "survive-an atomic-war-resisctance in several reviews, one of them is listed in the link down below.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/266158-de-atramentis-document-ink-dark-blue/

you will find the specs and the beaviour of these Document inks in the article linked

It survived the most horrible torture wiht the most agressive fluids.

Mixing your own PERMANENT ink colours and shades

I am in frequent contact wiht some artists of Urban Sketchers (USK). USK is a worldwide internetplatform for artists.

There are quite a lot of artist who paint with Fountain Pen Inks. i.e Fellow FPN-Member Pictogramax or USK prominence Liz Steel http://www.lizsteel.com

According to those members Permanent Inks in several colour are the holy grail for artists, since those are permanent and lght fast. I have inserted a fine work of art by the great Pictogramax at the bottom of this article.

Permanent Cyan, Magenta Yellow, Black (Key) CMYK colur mixing.

For artist, and I guess for you FP-lovers too, using a colour scale, as wide as possible, is of utmost importance....

De atramentis therefore added a yellow, a Fuchsia(magenta), a turquoise (cyan) to their standard range of document inks which consists of, Blue, Dark Blue, Black, Brown, Red and Green.

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Mobile%20Uploads/20140929_093209_zpso0bx6bmd.jpg

Substractive CMYK Colour mixing wiht De Atramentis Document inks.

With the CMYK colours one can mix virtually any colour in every Hue, and wiht the De Atramentis thinning agent for permanent inks one can mak every shade possible too...

Mixing Ink colours is nothing special.... But what is special ist that these inks are permanent and comply to the ISO 12757-2 , the European standard or permanency.....

Now every colour lasts till eternity and you can even give them a suntan....... No fading...What is special is the yellow permament ink... As far as I know the great Noodlers an De Atramentis are the only passionate ink companies to offer those

Best of all these inks are safe for fountain pens.... and now available in every colour you like....

First mixing experiments

Mixing colours is a science, in my opinion. I am studying the scinece of colours a bit now.

Down here are the first quick-and dirty tests

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140929_100411_zpsw3dql1k_edit_1411978237672_zpspjzz4kz_edit_1411978987434_zpsnorgevn5.jpg

I first mixed the complementary colours here

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140929_100420_zps4q7dxln_edit_1411978324479_zpsgqofscd_edit_1411979107017_zpskiqgijvq.jpg

Some more tests. I used the thinniing agent for Document inks to vary in shades (darkness/brightness)

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20140929_100432_zpsuawfs2h_edit_1411978411939_zpsmv2notf_edit_1411978890269_zpsqfltstaj.jpg

I love brown inks so I head to try a little.... Just the first experiments... Hte ready-mixed Brown is awesome and shades

Conclusion

Ink mixing and colour mixing are great fun :D

I currently do not understand enough about colours, but I will look into that.... any suggestions are welcome....

It is very cool to be able to make my own PERMANENT colours and shade.... Will do some in hte future.... I will experiment wiht my normal inks too.... But I like the Idea of Permanent inks in every colour possible :D

Artwork with De Atramentis (permanent) inks

I promised you to show you some fine examples of painting with inks.

Down here you see some Works by fellow member Pictogramax. He did some nice works with DA Khaki, Havann and gold before.

He now made the works down below wiht the inks he received from the friendly owner of De Atramentis Dr Franz-Josef Jansen

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Mobile%20Uploads/PICTOGRAMAX%20-%202014%20-%20DE%20ATRAMENTIS%20DOCUMENT%20BROWN%20-%20002%20-%20INK-1_zpsnrpw1e2w.jpg

Made with De Atramentis Document ink Brown and Black

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/Mobile%20Uploads/PICTOGRAMAX%20-%202014%20-%20DE%20ATRAMENTIS%20DOCUMENT%20BROWN%20-%20002%20-%20INK%20WASH_zpsdwyn07ys.jpg

Finished with De Atramentis Brown, Black (permanent) Steel Blue and Sahara Grey (non-permanent)

awesome works or what??? Chapeau!!! Pictogramax :wub: :happyberet:

According to Pictogramax, the advantages are huge....

Permanency and lightfastness. Painting over other inks wihtout blurring. Excellent behaviour.

My experience.....

No Feathering, some showthrough.... Wet as the ocean, but quicker drying than a camel's bottom during a desert stroll :) ...... and it shades.

Want to experience yourself???

I have already posted the following today:

Amberlea.... You already have Magenta and Turquoise....Black Yellow and Thinning agent samples are underway..... Oh and er.... I couldn't resist sending you Merlot Wine-ink as well (Please write don't drink :puddle: )

Cybaea your yellow is on it's way

Adrianc samples of all CMYK inks and the thinning agent are swimming the Atlantic now...

Why did I askif you want to experience yourself???... Easy send

me your adress.... Iwill send you a sample.... Do some Art Work :excl: :happyberet:

Regards

Peter

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbus Curiositas

• janeblundellart

• amberleadavis

• Cyber6

And...... we can buy the set (heavily discounted).... Where??? :wub:

Honestly... I have been mixing inks for years... and YES... is a lot of FUN... :lol: ... I would love a set of the CMYK permanent inks... If they aren't sold in a set.. I would highly recommend to look into that.

C.

Edit to say... :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: ....PICTOGRAMAX IS DA BOMB !!!!!

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

And...... we can buy the set (heavily discounted).... Where??? :wub:

Honestly... I have been mixing inks for years... and YES... is a lot of FUN... :lol: ... I would love a set of the CMYK permanent inks... If they aren't sold in a set.. I would highly recommend to look into that.

C.

Edit to say... :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: ....PICTOGRAMAX IS DA BOMB !!!!!

Hello Cyber6.... Your wish is my command :notworthy1:

I alraedy suggested the idea of a special cmyk permanent ink box to Dr Jansen (DA owner) He thought it was a nice idea... He will consider it for the future... Including the thinning Agent.

Shipping costs are nasty.... Goulet Pens Carries a lot of DA inks including the permanent ones....

4 = 3 Discount on the DA Website. If you order 4 bottles you pay only 3 (this saves you about €18) The Thinnin-agent costs $12,50 normally but dr Jansen told me that I could offer them to FPN friends for only €5,10 that is €7,40 cheaper.... Do not know the rate of the Dollar but I guess it is a discount of aprox 30 dollar.

I sent out some samples yesterday (also to amberlea).... If you leave me your adress I will sent you samples of the DA permanent CMYK inks and the Thinning agent :)....

But maybe a group buy is an idea to safe on shipping.... I can ask dr Jansen if he gives a specia condition/discount then..... Thisway one safes those horrible shipping costs.....

I am in contact with the friendly owner of a well known Dutch FP-shop... I will ask him if he could order Noodlers for Europe.... (same nasty problem ofshipping costs here :( )

Can you give some recipes for coulour mixing.... the info in Internet is not very helpful

Regards

Peter

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

A box set of CMYK ink + thinning agent would make a wonderful Christmas present.

I hope De Atramentis (Dr. Jansen) gets it together and ships it to Goulet in time for the holiday season. :D

A box set of CMYK ink + thinning agent would make a wonderful Christmas present.

I hope De Atramentis (Dr. Jansen) gets it together and ships it to Goulet in time for the holiday season. :D

I will ask him Adrianc....

I just send you a second PM concerning this :)

I like the sound of this very much.

Maybe there is even some hope of mixing a shade that closely resembles the original version of Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses? Merlot & Black possibly?

I like the sound of this very much.

Maybe there is even some hope of mixing a shade that closely resembles the original version of Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses? Merlot & Black possibly?

Well since I am going to send you a Merlot sample I might as well send you this CMYK samples

This is incredible!! WOW WOW WOW

I've been having fun the magenta and turquoise. The possibilities with this CYMK are HUGE.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

This is incredible!! WOW WOW WOW

I've been having fun the magenta and turquoise. The possibilities with this CYMK are HUGE.

well good that I sent you a letter for two days..

Not only a letter but also samples of

DA Document Black and yellow

DA Thinning agent for (permanent) document inks

and DA Wine ink Merlot :)

They contain about 2 ml I believe.... Hope that is sufficient.

What is your experience with the Magenta(Cyan) one member told me it was not highly saturated... I think it is just fine....It worked out very well in my experiments here.

#

I think he's mistaken... it's very nicely saturated.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I think he's mistaken... it's very nicely saturated.

That's what I thought :)

Impressive art!

Mixing inks for me is a rather trial @ error method. Using a scale is necessary to repeat the process.

Hi Trom,

It was my first mixing experiment and it was Trial & Error for me too :)

I am nurse so it is easy for me to obtain syringes

post-105475-0-61136200-1412323858_thumb.jpg

The largest one can hold up to 60 ml. (it is used for feeding tubes)

I use it for cleaning my Fountain Pens.... Super fast in 10 seconds :D

The thin one (with the red needle) Is an Insuline syringe. It can only hold 1 ml. But the scale is very accurate.... (In MICROlitres steps)

This way I canuse small amount of ink and I can be very precise....

That's a good way. Thanks. You're a real alchemist :)

:) Peter is Pierre in French....

So I am sort of the Pierre Lavaoisier for Ink Experiments ;)

:) Peter is Pierre in French....

So I am sort of the Pierre Lavaoisier for Ink Experiments ;)

Hopefully you won't lose your head...

Edited by Trom

I'd like such a set. I normally paint with watercolor, but an ink and wash with that effect--boy oh boy would I like to give that a go.

I'd like such a set. I normally paint with watercolor, but an ink and wash with that effect--boy oh boy would I like to give that a go.

When it is wet you can mix it to other colours.

when it is dry the colours do no mix you can paint over them...

I will publish a Compariosn of De atramentis Khaki and Herbin Lie de The this afternoon

It is called allied forces Germany - France

I used following colours for the flags

DA Document Blue

DA Document Red (ready mixed)

DA Document Black

Herbin 1670 Blue

Enjoy