Pierre Cardin To Buy Or Not

rahul joshi

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in this forum although I have read a lot of great posts here for some time now just for the sake of knowing about fountain pen. But this time I want to ask a question and get some helpful suggestions. I have been using fountain pen for last 2-3 years but all my pens were below Rs. 35 (indian rupee) except one which was a pierre cardin which was gifted to me. I have used pen like Montex Handy and some Hero pens. Personally I just love Montex Handy, although they are cheap but they are way too smooth with few exceptions. My pierre cardin (don't remember the name) had nib more than a medium grade which I felt was too broad but was smooth but I didn't like it.

But now I want to buy a new fountain pen, I have already searched other posts but the pens in them are either expensive or are mostly answered to people outside of India (sorry don't mean to offend anyone).

I want to buy a pen within 100-150 (indian rupee).

I am looking for:

• Smooth Nib (between fine and medium but not more than that.)
  • Converter can be used (just hate cartridge).
  • I don't mind the pen being sober or shiny or even being plastic body.
  • Medium sized barrel not too thin nor fat.
  • Light or Medium weight.

I searched myself and found Pierre Cardin Identity Fountain pen, which according to the reviews satisfied my requirements. But I was hoping if you people could suggest me something about this pen or may be some other as per your experience, because I just simply don't want to be on the regretting end because it will be the first time I would be spending 100-150 rupee on a pen.

I am sorry for any error in this post, as this being my first.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anirban4u

• rahul joshi

• mohit agrawal

• hari317

i suggest you send an email to the owner of asapens.in with your requirements, he might surely have some pens that meet your requirements.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Rahul-ji, I think you should look into Indian-made pens too, especially the pens manufactured in Andhra Pradesh. I think they are definitely superior in quality to the Pierre Cardin pens, which are not French-made pens.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in this forum although I have read a lot of great posts here for some time now just for the sake of knowing about fountain pen. But this time I want to ask a question and get some helpful suggestions. I have been using fountain pen for last 2-3 years but all my pens were below Rs. 35 (indian rupee) except one which was a pierre cardin which was gifted to me. I have used pen like Montex Handy and some Hero pens. Personally I just love Montex Handy, although they are cheap but they are way too smooth with few exceptions. My pierre cardin (don't remember the name) had nib more than a medium grade which I felt was too broad but was smooth but I didn't like it.

But now I want to buy a new fountain pen, I have already searched other posts but the pens in them are either expensive or are mostly answered to people outside of India (sorry don't mean to offend anyone).

I want to buy a pen within 100-150 (indian rupee).

I am looking for:

• Smooth Nib (between fine and medium but not more than that.)
  • Converter can be used (just hate cartridge).
  • I don't mind the pen being sober or shiny or even being plastic body.
  • Medium sized barrel not too thin nor fat.
  • Light or Medium weight.

I searched myself and found Pierre Cardin Identity Fountain pen, which according to the reviews satisfied my requirements. But I was hoping if you people could suggest me something about this pen or may be some other as per your experience, because I just simply don't want to be on the regretting end because it will be the first time I would be spending 100-150 rupee on a pen.

I am sorry for any error in this post, as this being my first.

Thanks in advance.

I think you are talking about the Pierre Cardin President, which is INR 400-450 (I'm guessing, it might me an authentic PC for all I know).

I am pretty sure almost all Indian made pens in that price range are eyedroppers (that I know of). I think your best bet is Chinese pens, but very few of them are fine nibbed.

if you could find one (look in Landmark stores near you!), get a Schneider Glam/voice (not sure of the model name, GIYF). Remember it won't come with a converter, but I think you already have one from the PC ;) And the nib, as it is folded(molded ?),it might run bold.

Maped makes a few pens in that range which are interesting, AFAIK they are cart only though, which is a deal breaker for you.

Also few stores carry Schneider Base for INR 500 (they're rare to find out though!), that is the best cheapie I can vouch for. Again, no converter supplied in the pack.

Or you can buy a parker vector for INR 270-300 and pray that the nib turns out to be smooth (I had to return 3 vectors to flipkart, before I got a good one).

I hope you do know that a standard long cart holds more ink than a standard converter, the trick is to use a blunt needled syringe to fill it up ;)

And I second veteran Hari317's recommendation. Subramaniam (AsapensDOTin) is a wonderful person, and I am an extremely happy customer.

P.S. Subramaniam has few spare converters sometimes ;)

Edited to add: your location (city) could be helpful for us to recommend stores/malls/shops/sellers near you.

Edited by Anirban4u

Opensuse_2.png http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnubanner-2.png

Looking for: Camlin pens (minus SD/Trinity/Elegante)

Go for camlin 47 or trinity much below the price range you are looking for. Stilk do the job perfectly.

If you want to spend more go for camlin elegant.. (One of the best pens in some price ranges above it too)

Edited by mohit agrawal

And for your other question regarding identity. I didn't had a pleasing experience with it. Mine was leaking from the start. Tried many things but the feed and section is a very loose fit. May be it was due to that.

Go for camlin 47 or trinity much below the price range you are looking for. Stilk do the job perfectly.

If you want to spend more go for camlin elegant.. (One of the best pens in some price ranges above it too)

Yes, I completely forgot about Elegante. However, my roomie has one and the nib definitely runs bold. :( And when I wanted to pick up one, I found the nibs to be scratchy. Bad QC?

Don't own a trinity, but I think it's excellent. (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/95727-review-of-camlin-trinity/)

you can try montex executive/sheaffer no nonsense pen/ maped/ camlin 47 pens

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

Rahul-ji, I think you should look into Indian-made pens too, especially the pens manufactured in Andhra Pradesh. I think they are definitely superior in quality to the Pierre Cardin pens, which are not French-made pens.

Thanks, so can you please suggest some ,as I don't know anything about Indian-made pens.

I think you are talking about the Pierre Cardin President, which is INR 400-450 (I'm guessing, it might me an authentic PC for all I know).

if you could find one (look in Landmark stores near you!), get a Schneider Glam/voice (not sure of the model name, GIYF). Remember it won't come with a converter

Also few stores carry Schneider Base for INR 500 (they're rare to find out though!), that is the best cheapie I can vouch for. Again, no converter supplied in the pack.

Can a schenider converter be bought from some online store, because initially I was going for a Schneider only couldn't find its converter so I dropped the idea of it.

And I am not saying about Pierre Cardin President, its Pierre Cardin Base I found it in flipkart.com

Schneider uses standard intl converters.

If ur Pierre Cardin came with one, it'll fit just fine.

Never heard about Pierre Cardin base.

Link plz

Oh, I see. I have 2 of them. Nice nibs and feeds. The supplied onverter will work with Schneider or camlin trinity perfectly

Btw, which Pierre Cardin you own ???

Asapens is a sure shot for a few converters.

No afl...