Acceptable Service From Montblanc London

akshaydashrath

I thought I'd post about my recent experience at the Montblanc boutique on New Bond Street in London. I had bought a 147 from the early 90's off eBay a couple of weeks ago, and although the nib was excellent it would run out of ink at times. I took it in to Montblanc and was treated extremely well, had a great chat with the sales person and he insisted I give the pen in for service.

I received the pen exactly 10 working days after I gave it in for service, the service cost me £44 and it appears like they changed the feed, there are a few tiny new scratches on the nib but I do have a bit of OCD when it comes to my things, and I've decided to let it slip as the pen works brilliantly. They've provided me with an additional year of warranty, which for £44 and a new feed seems extremely reasonable to me.

So all in all an acceptable experience, would have been great if not for the new scratches, but hey end of the day thats all they are (or so I keep telling myself :D)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akshaydashrath

• meiers

• da vinci

• pavoni

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear that your experience of the New Bond Street boutique was acceptable. I have used them for a number of years and always been pleased.

I was in London on 28th August and made a special detour for the boutique. I had been looking forward to my visit all week (knowing I was to be in London) and was shocked to find the Bond Street boutique had gone. The place was boarded up and a workman confirmed they had gone!

Having experienced the loss of our own boutique up here in Manchester, and after reading countless reports (here on FPN) of MB rationalising and in trouble, I feared the worst. However, within 10 minutes I stumbled upon the new site at 119 New Bond Street. I think they had just opened (Head Office suits, boxes of stock and the smell of a new shop). I very quickly made up for my previous state of shock with some cuff-links, bottles of ink, note paper and 2015 diary pages for my MB Agenda (A5). I must say whilst small, I quite liked the ultra-modern two-floor store and, I received excellent attention and service.

Pavoni.

@Pavoni next time you're in the store ask for Alex, he spent about an hour with me talking pens when I dropped my pen off. He used to work in th pen repair section of Montblanc but has been re-assigned to the stores, so he knows his pens and is a delight to speak to.

@Pavoni next time you're in the store ask for Alex, he spent about an hour with me talking pens when I dropped my pen off. He used to work in th pen repair section of Montblanc but has been re-assigned to the stores, so he knows his pens and is a delight to speak to.

Good advice thanks - i pop in to this boutique "occasionally" :)

I called in yesterday for ink and a diary insert ended up talking about pens and the new writers edition I'm not a fan and after trying the pen still not a fan .