Iroshizuku - Tsuki-Yo (Moonlight) - Crv - Group Review - 2014-10

Lou Erickson

Wow Steve, you are an artist!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lou Erickson

• amberleadavis

• Sailor Kenshin

• A144

Lou, you need a wet pen and a non absorbant paper - a vellum or onion skin are the very best. Tomoe River is second best.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Lou, you need a wet pen and a non absorbant paper - a vellum or onion skin are the very best. Tomoe River is second best.

I have been using the oft-appreciated Rhodia and Clairfontaine papers. I have a bit of Tomoe River, and it is nice, but I don't see shading much on it.

Oh boy! An excuse to try more things! :) I should dig out the HP and Hammermill and see how those work too.

I did just pick up some A4 sized Clairfontaine Triomphe, Original Crown Mill 100% Cotton, and G. Lalo paper to write CRVs on - A5 is too small for those. I'll give them a shot.

I have a pen in mind to try, too. Next time I need to fill one, I'll fill the fire hose. (Which is a snorkel, so it only holds a little. It's easy to refill, though!)

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

Wait.. you said sheen not shading...... Shading is different for me. Sheen is what you will get from Tomoe.

Here's a little "first impressions" I did of Tsuki-yo yesterday when i finally inked it up :)

http://33.media.tumblr.com/da043b103bce69de6564bd9c16f72df9/tumblr_ndrk7bUPQZ1qgziczo1_1280.jpg

On my screen, this is VERY similar to how Tsuki-yo looks to me. A nicely shading, but fairly straightforward blue-black.

Got my CRV letters in the mail today, will probably fill in my portion something this week.

So many inks, so little time...

On my screen, this is VERY similar to how Tsuki-yo looks to me. A nicely shading, but fairly straightforward blue-black.

Got my CRV letters in the mail today, will probably fill in my portion something this week.

Straightforward, yup. It looks wonderful when paired with grey as a primary/secondary colour combination, though. I'm finding that some inks that don't really inspire me will then take on a whole new life when I pair them with an ink that complements it. Since I rarely write with only one colour for a full page because of the kinds of writing I use my pen for and my own love of colour coding, finding nice combinations is super fun and gives me a way to appreciate inks I don't obsess over on their own!

Awww, don't do that. Check the mail. :)

How nice of you!

What was November's ink again? I'll probably try that, too.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/8914/1453/4858/Tsuki-yo-page001-610w.jpg

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/2614/1453/4859/Tsuki-yo-page002-610w.jpg

Do I see SHEEN?

;)

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/8914/1453/4858/Tsuki-yo-page001-610w.jpg

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/2614/1453/4859/Tsuki-yo-page002-610w.jpg

Do I see SHEEN?

;)

:wub:

This weekend, I'll write some more with a surprisingly awesome pen that loves this ink. I suspect it's going to love any shading or sheening ink. I had no idea that a tremendously wet, unusually broad Sheaffer Triumph nib could be so much fun.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

Afraid I'll be late with my contribution, still taking part but health and other things have overloaded me this month, should have some time this weekend hopefully :) Need to slim down the list of 'things to do for other people. Great to see the contributions so far, it's one of my favourite inks!

Edited by GSteer

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly