Iroshizuku Co-Razy View Group Review!

Lou Erickson

My Tsuki-yo has arrived, and I have some writing to do. Hopefully I'll have a moment to do it tomorrow. I planned to tonight, but got distracted by making an offer on a house, which is full of paperwork to gather and submit.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lou Erickson

• amberleadavis

• GSteer

• A144

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Received a sample of my Tsuki-yo yesterday! Now to get a few pens emptied out so I can try it!

Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers ~ Voltaire

I inked up my 580 with Tsuki-yo yesterday. Just have to get around to writing my letter and writing sample.

So many inks, so little time...

• 3 weeks later...

We're still in October, and I've been using Tsuki-yo for half my daily writing. I may post some of those pages, even if the story won't make sense, the writing will show the ink. If you have ink and want to post scans, please do! There's still time to send letters in if you want a review-pal, too!

Next month's Iroshizuku CRV is for Yu-yake, a surprisingly nice orange color. If you want to get some, you have a time. For those who already did, that's great, and we'll see your letters when they arrive! If you didn't want to do a blue, here's a very not-blue ink to try. :)

--

• 4 weeks later...

I've just sent off a pair of CRV's to new partners to write on for Yu-yake; I'll get them posted tonight. Plenty of time left this month if you wanted to send a CRV for Yu-yake!

Next month is Shin-kai, a dark blue. If you want to join us then, now's a great time to find or order a sample or bottle. Goulet's has samples on sale if you want to stock up. :) I'll get the topic for Shin-kai up this weekend.

--

I've mailed some to you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 3 weeks later...

Lou, have you considered asking the Goulet's to add these inks to future ink drops?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I have not asked the Goulets specifically for this project. I'm not sure we number enough to affect their sales, but I can ask. I believe I have seen some Iroshizuku inks in past Ink Drops, but I don't subscribe so may be misremembering.

I do know they have some Iroshizuku sample sets, one with all the colors, and one with their most popular.

I did ask for (and get!) permission to use their beautiful product photography in the monthly posts, which I am happy to thank Mrs. Goulet for each month. To avoid forum rules violations, I don't link the image to their site, although I'd be happy to do so.

--

'Tis only a thought... it might gain more momentum

It really might gain more momentum if I had a coupon code for a discount from Goulets', true! However, I'm not sure that a> they can do that, or b> it wouldn't break forum rules. And I don't want to do either of those things.

I suspect Pilot keeps a pretty firm grip on prices from their official retailers because the prices for Iroshizuku are so regular. I had to get mine from Japan to get them for much less.

--

• 4 months later...

Lou, I especially appreciate the fact that your review process involves writing with the ink for a sustained period. Sometimes an ink can behave beautifully in the time it takes to sample it but begins to exhibit problems in daily use. I hope other people in the group are also taking more time with the inks as part of this project.

I am not a good photographer but will pop in with comments during the next two months, because I happen to have Kujaku and Murasaki Shikibu in pens at all times.

Lou, I especially appreciate the fact that your review process involves writing with the ink for a sustained period. Sometimes an ink can behave beautifully in the time it takes to sample it but begins to exhibit problems in daily use. I hope other people in the group are also taking more time with the inks as part of this project.

I am not a good photographer but will pop in with comments during the next two months, because I happen to have Kujaku and Murasaki Shikibu in pens at all times.

Thanks! My goal is to really get to know the ink, in several pens, for longer sections of writing.

I have been lax at scanning in and sharing some of those written pages to let others see what it looks like. I haven't even written this week - so busy! - and dislike that. But it's only the middle of the month. I can catch up.

--

From Lloyd.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2015-Inklings/2015-Ink_0281.jpg

• 1 month later...

Looks like I've got a few months behind so tonight was mass ink-up night :)

post-77814-0-72148100-1433881584_thumb.jpg

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly