T W S B I Loaner Program

amberleadavis

You are awesome!

You might really like the TWSBI mini, it is smaller and can be posted easily.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• TheRealScubaSteve

• ScienceChick

• Sailor Kenshin

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1664.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I"m so glad you liked it. The Aluminum is my favorite so far, which makes sense because TWSBI keeps making improvements. Feel free to keep it for the month and try other inks. I agree that the 540s and 580s should not be used posted.

fpn_1411696201__image.jpg

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Amber,

Thank you for setting up this generous program.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

fpn_1411704055__image.jpg

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Amber,

Thank you for setting up this generous program.

As soon as we get a couple of brits, you will be busy too. Thank you for participating.

Ted, That Red Cashmere looked like Red Chalk didn't it?

Sinistral1, I've gotten to the point where the pelikans seem small. I don't however, cap my TWSBIs. Thank you for telling us about the history of the name, I didn't know that.

If that was referring to Eisenhower's 5 star rank, there were 5 US Army 5 star "General of the Army"

In order of seniority (date the 5 star rank was assigned):

1 - George Marshall (Chief of Staff of the Army in WW2, the 2nd to be given the 5 star rank)

2 - Douglas McArthur

3 - Dwight Eisenhower (on Dec 20, 1944)

4 - Henry "Hap" Arnold (Chief of Staff of the Army Air Corp, who later became head of the Air Force)

5 - Omar Bradley (awarded in 1950 by the US Congress)

And not to leave out the Navy, there were 4 Navy 5 star "Fleet Admiral"

1 - William Leahy (Military Advisor to FDR, the 1st to be given the 5 Star rank)

2 - Ernest King (CinC US Fleets, navy equivalent of George Marshall)

3 - Chester Nimitz (CinC Pacific)

4 - William Halsey (awarded Dec 1945, after the war)

The Navy did not get a 5th 5 Star Admiral.

These were the ONLY 5 star flag officers in the US military.

In the current US military, the 4 star rank is the highest rank.

Now you know a bit of military trivia.

Edited by ac12

www.SFPenShow.com

Well, I was kinda, sorta right. I had the World War II part pretty close, and the blue symbolizes the Navy, not the Air Force, and one of the Generals was Eisenhower! Thanks for the real story, ac12!

Sinistral1

You were right, in that Eisenhower was the head of SHAPE (Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe). And thus was in command of multiple "armies," both of the US and allied nations.

You were also right about Hap Arnold, going from the Army to the Air Force when the Army Air Corp was spun off as its own service.

Edited by ac12

www.SFPenShow.com

Okay...I tried to get pictures of the bottle, but the pics are out of focus. I'll try again.

Well, I'm new and don't even know what an "insider," is, but it's very cool that you're doing a loaner program. I have been eyeing reading up a lot of TWSBI's and would love to try one down the road once I become a known quantity - assuming the program is still going on. I like the handwritten posts, too.

We look forward to you doing more posts and learning about you too! I think you'll enjoy being on FPN.

I am enjoying my stay so far, but I think it may have been a decidedly bad decision to join this forum. There is too much knowledge to be gleaned and too many excuses to need to buy another ink, notebook, or pen. I am not complaining so much as my wallet is. :P

Yes, that's why we are enablers.

BTW, for those interested, I added the pictures of the bottle on the ink review thread.

That bottle is cool! Whether you agree with Nathan's political or social/history views, his labels do make you take a moment to think about more than just the color of the ink. I can understand why he added Geranimo to the label, but it appears Pershings' inclusion is because of his Texas connection more than his General of the Armies status, since he's not on ac12's list. I admit that my WW I history knowledge is much less "vast" than what I know about WW II. I also either forgot or didn't know that Ft Sam was the birthplace of the Air Force. When I was there, I was only really interested in the margaritas at the officer's club!