T W S B I Loaner Program

amberleadavis

Can someone explain to me the nibs I am seeing in this thread?

Check out the prior page for some discussions: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/274092-t-w-s-b-i-loaner-program/page-15

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• TheRealScubaSteve

• ScienceChick

• Sailor Kenshin

These pens are lovely :wub:

I'm looking for anyone that could lend me some different TWSBIs to test, I'm kind of set on buying one but I'm not sure which one would suit me the best. Looking for EF/F nibs mostly, but I also love extra broad/italic nibs, so I'm open to anything that's available really. I'll be happy to pay postage both ways, and promise to look after all your babies with care and love.

If anyone is able to help me out please reply or PM me, preferably within the UK or at least the EU as international shipping can be pricey D:

Thanks everyone for reading

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be interested in testing a vac mini, eco, or 580. I'd offer my VAC700R for trial but it's kind of a $200 custom job now and not really representative of anything but the vac filler.

Anyone interested in loaning would be welcome to a couple full sample vials of basically anything from my ink collection.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

The point of the reserve amount is that I really want my pens back. Most of mine have custom nibs that I cannot replace. Just keep posting and bring up the numbers.

Z, you can contact ALC321 via PM about the UK loaner program.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

These pens are lovely :wub:

I'm looking for anyone that could lend me some different TWSBIs to test, I'm kind of set on buying one but I'm not sure which one would suit me the best. Looking for EF/F nibs mostly, but I also love extra broad/italic nibs, so I'm open to anything that's available really. I'll be happy to pay postage both ways, and promise to look after all your babies with care and love.

If anyone is able to help me out please reply or PM me, preferably within the UK or at least the EU as international shipping can be pricey D:

Thanks everyone for reading

I am the UK Loaner and can loan out any variety of pen/nib but only one at a time unless I know you personally and you do need to have 30 posts to qualify for the program.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

• 4 weeks later...

I love the TWSBI brand! I own a ECO with a Broad Nib and a 580 with an Extra Fine Nib. I love the amount of ink these pens hold and the piston ink-filling system! These pens are part of my rotation for every day and workhorse writers! These pens can be disassembled and reassembled for those that like to inspect every part.

This is a very generous offer and people should sign up!

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested if anyone happens to be willing to loan a Vac 700 of any interesting nib type (looking at you Amber)?

I run on Caffeine, Sarcasm and inappropriate thoughts.

We can probably work on that. Send me your address via PM. I usually require a posting membership of 100, but I think we know who you are.

I usually require a posting membership of 100, but I think we know who you are.

And whats that supposed to mean? :P

I run on Caffeine, Sarcasm and inappropriate thoughts.

• 11 months later...

Are there new eligibility rules or is it still 300 posts? I am so very far away!

• 2 months later...

I'm sure I'm way under eligibility as I've only recently discovered this forum. I do hope to one day give a Vac700 a try. That's the top pen (within my budget) I want to add to my pen family.

I'm just curious what difficulty the OP was having with pens that were not TWSBIs , and what particular problem TWSBIs seem to have solved. Perhaps I should be investigating the brand further. I can't believe how generous people are with their pens! Those of you who loan must be more Zen then I am. I know I would worry about even borrowing a pen from someone's personal collection.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

• 2 years later...
On 9/12/2014 at 5:53 PM, amberleadavis said:

Currently not in position to participate, nevertheless had to post...

Thank you for setting this up and sharing your collection with us.  It continues one of the great sides of this hobby.

• 11 months later...

I know it's been a while since there was any action in this thread.  If it's still in existence, this looks like a fun way to expand my exposure to different pens (once I meet the eligibility requirements of course).

If we have more people ask to participate, we will see about bringing it back.