K W Z I - Konrad - #25 - Iron Gall Green #1

amberleadavis

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad301/cynthiapowers/WP_000359.jpg

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad301/cynthiapowers/WP_000360.jpg

And some water resistance tests:

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad301/cynthiapowers/WP_000367.jpg

I know there's a lot of ink "floating" on each slip of paper but remember that I wrote these with amberleadavis's TWSBI 540 with the Tomahawk'd nib. That baby puts out a LOT of ink. Even with all the ink loss, all three samples are perfectly legible. And when I say "soak" I mean totally immersed in a bowl of tap water for 2 minutes.

I also have some pages sitting in windows, doing fade tests. They've been up a week and no visible fading yet. Thought I'd leave them there at least 3 weeks.

The ink has been in the pen since Amber loaded it up to mail to me (three weeks?). The pen is nib up in my pen cup and starts with absolutely no hesitation every time I pick it up to write. She mentioned having to shake the pen a couple of times to keep it writing but I haven't had to do that.

Hard to believe this is IG ink but it is. I tried Salix and ESSRI and, although I really enjoyed trying them, was pretty underwhelmed. Also, I really dislike almost all greens; I like Iro Syo-ro and Susemai Green Diamond and now Konrad #26. I was going to say green is growing on me but . . . ick ;)

Edited by ScienceChick

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Sinistral1

• Tas

• Cyber6

Konrad's IG inks are in my opinion the best IGs on the market for user fun. The colors are bright and stunning and they are NOT dry dry dry. Thank you Science Chick for your review.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...

An additional observation: this cleaned up sooo easily - three flushes of the nib with a bulb syringe and a couple of rinses of the barrel and hey presto - no ink left and no staining. NOT what I was expecting!

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

• 2 weeks later...

My tuppence worth . . .

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_kwzi_iggreen2_defo_rhodia.jpg

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_kwzi_iggreen2_defo_swatch.jpghttp://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_noodlers_zhivago_swatch.jpg

(I know Zhivago has a completely different wash colour but the KWZI ink has a very similar "is it black, is it green, I'm confused" look to it)

Yours looks much darker. I love these IG inks of Konrads. Amazing stuff and best IGs I've ever used.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I am sorry Tas... That one is definitely not #26.

KWZI #26 is an IG green that has a lot of blue. It looks very teal.

Awesome review in any case... :D

BTW... that looks like #25

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Argh, not this again . . . . :wallbash:

Sinistral1 says - "Your #6 matches my #26 - IG green #2"

The maker (who's labelling was soooo poor that it led to all this confusion ;) ) said "Six is IG Green #2"

Cyber6, I think you're right. This does look like Amber's #25 but not like napalm's. Oh boy.

I just scribble on bits of paper with the stuff and all I know for sure is that I'm in agreement with Amber, these KWZI IGs are wonderful to use.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_kwzi_tested_in_red.jpg

Three left to test before I place my order. Very excited . . .

Edited by Tas

Argh, not this again . . . . :wallbash:

Sinistral1 says - "Your #6 matches my #26 - IG green #2"

The maker (who's labelling was soooo poor that it led to all this confusion ;) ) said "Six is IG Green #2"

Cyber6, I think you're right. This does look like Amber's #25 but not like napalm's. Oh boy.

I just scribble on bits of paper with the stuff and all I know for sure is that I'm in agreement with Amber, these KWZI IGs are wonderful to use.

Three left to test before I place my order. Very excited . . .

Sorry.. how do I say this withouth sounding arrogant.. ... I know I am right !!! ;)

I have gone over these inks time and time again... I do not follow the Green#1.. or Green#2, that is the base color use for the ink.. which has NOTHING to do with the sequence number. (Ex. #47 is Violet #9)... it is just not practical to remember the base color.

This is for sure IG #25. You can see my scans.. they were properly labeled.. :P

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/272193-k-w-z-i-konrads-inks-1-47/

Edited by Cyber6

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Ha! I went through this with Cyber6 when placing the 2nd group order. I think #1 was inverted with #2 on a different chart.

After giving her brain damage, she assures me the one important thing - there is blue in this green #26!

Tas, we love your reviews no matter what number they are!

Tas, we love your reviews no matter what number they are!

Oh I am sure Tas knows that..... at least he knows I am one of his biggest fans... :wub:

Is just a matter of putting his gorgeous reviews in the correct place... so people dont get confused.. ;)

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I think I posted this somewhere else but . . .

http://www.taskyprianou.com/me_too_small.jpg

That wasn't me... I had a Big Ass magnifying glass... LOL

**** BauerInks.ca ****

• 2 weeks later...

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1947.jpg

For Detailed reviews.... See these pages.

Every ink for which we have a swab and at least one page of a review is up.

• 1 month later...

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_2177.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_2178.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_1754c.jpg