Shipping Costs From Usa To Europe

Morbus Curiositas

Hello FPN Friends

I often see nice FP's abroad...

I thought about Getting a few Jinhao's they seem to be nice for the price... Nice for filling with different inks for every day use.

Amamzon UK do not deliver those to Austria (silly (bleep) ;) )

The shipping costs from a broad can be an Aggrivating Experience in the Rectal Cavity (sorry can't write that they are A pain in the ... here :) )

Well if I have to pay shipping costs why buy it on E bay when I can buy those from a Wellknown shop wiht a good reputation like Goulet Pen...

Especially as you can pimp them with Goulet nibs.... Cool!!!

Does anyone know what the shipping costs are.... I have seen some other nice shops in the USA too

Thanks Peter

Ps may be I should buy a rowing boat and pick em up myself :)

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbus Curiositas

• Sasha Royale

• AG_ORD

• Notgatherox

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe you can check out shipping costs at Goulet when you're about to check out?

Alternatively, one could check USPS's fees, for I believe that is what Goulet uses (most economical rates already!)

If you find shipping to Europe direct from goulet too expensive, may I recommend using a site like comgateway (no affiliation, just a happy customer) that at least provides tracking for about the same price (or cheaper, if you're lucky!). The downside is that shipments would probably take a little longer.

Btw, I would recommend you use a motor boat. It's faster and doesn't take as much effort and elbow grease!

~Epic

EDIT: Edited for spelling and grammar.

Edited by Notgatherox
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

I do believe you can check out shipping costs at Goulet when you're about to check out?

Alternatively, one could check USPS's fees, for I believe that is what Goulet uses (most economical rates already!)

If you find shipping to Europe direct from goulet too expensive, may I recommend using a site like comgateway (no affiliation, just a happy customer) that at least provides tracking for about the same price (or cheaper, if you're lucky!). The downside is that shipments would probably take a little longer.

Btw, I would recommend you use a motor boat. It's faster and doesn't take as much effort and elbow grease!

~Epic

EDIT: Edited for spelling and grammar.

Thanks... will check cogaeway and Goulet...

Excellent advise... I will get a motor boat :D

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Postage cost is by weight and distance. How many pens would be shipped ?

How much would the mailing agent / seller charge for the work of packaging, etc. ?

I have no way of judging the customs charges and import duties. Insurance ?

Glad to help with the information, when you can be more specific.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Postage cost is by weight and distance. How many pens would be shipped ?

How much would the mailing agent / seller charge for the work of packaging, etc. ?

I have no way of judging the customs charges and import duties. Insurance ?

Glad to help with the information, when you can be more specific.

Jinhao 159 Jinhao x450 and 2 Goulet Nibs

Freaking funny post....thanks for the laugh to start my day!

You're welcome.... Glad to mae your day

US postage from US to Europe is inexpensive...about $5 unless for a fountain pen unless you insure the pen for $100 or so. Ink, being mostly water, costs more. I have given several pens to FPNers in the UK or continental Europe. Always marked it as a gift worth about $10, which fits what most customs people would expect for a 60 year old P51.

I once mailed three jazz CD's to Azerbaijan and the cost was only $15. (CD's are heavy)

Shipping to the US looks much more expensive. On EBay, it usually runs about $10 for a pen. Customs duties at the US side are usually nothing, but Europeans say it is expensive to export.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

US postage from US to Europe is inexpensive...about $5 unless for a fountain pen unless you insure the pen for $100 or so. Ink, being mostly water, costs more. I have given several pens to FPNers in the UK or continental Europe. Always marked it as a gift worth about $10, which fits what most customs people would expect for a 60 year old P51.

I once mailed three jazz CD's to Azerbaijan and the cost was only $15. (CD's are heavy)

Shipping to the US looks much more expensive. On EBay, it usually runs about $10 for a pen. Customs duties at the US side are usually nothing, but Europeans say it is expensive to export.

thanks that's helpful and not expensive.. an Cool.. you like...

JAZZZZZZZZZZ :thumbup: :notworthy1:

Last week I bought 3 Jinhao 159's on eBay .... $5 a piece and free shipping from China .....

Can you tell which seller it was?

I will order the Goulet nibs seperately then

Seriously, check ebay and be sure to look at the international offers, not just Austrian ones. You will get you Jinhaos etc so dirt cheap, I am amazed how they manage to make money on them.

Jinhao 159 Jinhao x450 and 2 Goulet Nibs

In a corrigated paper box, using newspaper packing, total weight should approx. 7 ounces.

Postage cost on the US Postal Service rate chart estimated at 10 to 12 pounds sterling or Euros.

If you are merely buying new pens, check Ebay. Price is reasonable with free shipping. Again,

I have no way to gauge customs and import fees.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

In a corrigated paper box, using newspaper packing, total weight should approx. 7 ounces.

Postage cost on the US Postal Service rate chart estimated at 10 to 12 pounds sterling or Euros.

If you are merely buying new pens, check Ebay. Price is reasonable with free shipping. Again,

I have no way to gauge customs and import fees.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned customs/import fees before your post - this was the first thing I thought about. Not sure of the value of the pens in question but postage costs for pens will be cheap due to the small size and weight. The thing that has always stopped me buying pens from outside the EU is the import fees as for the pens I buy these will far exceed the cost of postage. The pens might also get held up in customs which again seems more effort than it is worth.

If the Goulet website does not post their international shipping costs, I'm sure a quick email to them will result in the answer that is required.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.