Taccia Pen

Kuscer

Hi!

Just the other day I came across a very curious handful of info:

There's this brand called Taccia - anyone heard of it? - that makes absolutely gorgeous pens. Link below - check it out!

http://taccia.com/

personally I like the Maki-e LE best.

Regards,

Dingan

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alfred24

• Scribblesoften

• langere

• Algester

I find their buffalo gotten pen shaped like bamboo too be appealing. Seems like decent quality, but I don't own one.

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Hi!

Just the other day I came across a very curious handful of info:

There's this brand called Taccia - anyone heard of it? - that makes absolutely gorgeous pens. Link below - check it out!

http://taccia.com/

personally I like the Maki-e LE best.

Regards,

Dingan

I own a couple of Taccia pens. They write very nicely and feel good in my hand. I have never had a problem with any of the ones I own.

Anne Gray

Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.

Taccia has been around for about 10 years or so (at least that's how long I remember seeing their table at the Chicago Pen Show). The brand was recently acquired by Yafa products. I can't speak of their current products, as all of mine are a few years old. The pens they sold until the last 3 or 4 years were all well-made (IMHO) and varied from basic c/c pens of various styles to some very imaginative designs and at least one piston-filler.

The first couple of their pens I bought had the (at that time) common issue of feed-starvation. Many brands of c/c pens seemed to have the same issue at the same time. Taccia dealt with it in a most friendly manner, simply sending me replacement nibs and feeds, rendering the pens as great writers and me as a happy customer.

I have no affiliation with Taccia or Yafa. Just a happy customer.

I previously owned two Taccias and I didn't like them. The quality isn't in line with their price point. I wouldn't buy one unless it's at least 50% discounted.

@arts_nibs

I have a few Taccias. I agree with lahlahlaw. But I think their designs are getting better. I hope their quality and their "writing experience" is getting better. Kinda middle-of-the-road right now, IMO.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

Taccia handmade exotic material pens with nibs made by Sailor, Hakase falls under the same category but with nibs by Pilot

looks like Platinum is left out on this one but they have the celluloid 3776... but eh...

Edited by Algester

I have a discontinued model of theirs, the Overture, which was around $50 if I remember correctly. Mine is a fine nibbed fountain pen, but it also came in ballpoint and rollerball. It had some flow problems initially. Since the brand was owned by Itoya at that point (and still may be), I sent it in for adjustment under warranty, paying only my own shipping cost; they covered the return shipping. It came back writing very nicely, and I would probably use it more if I hadn't developed a pen addiction and bought many other pens. Certainly the experience with their customer service was encouraging.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

Gave my wife Stained Glass pattern with 18 k - m nib...eight years ago{??}..

Pen has performed flawlessly..and she loves the finish..

Fred

Since the brand was owned by Itoya at that point (and still may be)

I have been aware of this brand for several years but never knew they were owned by Itoya. I've spoken with their reps at a few pen shows and they were always very friendly and knowledgeable.

I have a nightlife i have been playing with today. I installed a goulet 1.1 nib on it. The pen is well made and feels good in the hand. I do believe they have lifetime warranties.

WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.

Wtb Sheaffer Pfm in black or blue with a medium or broad nib.

I have two Taccia pens. Both are good writers but not great writers. They both have a bit more feedback that I would really prefer. That's probably fixable, but I have enough really great pens that I just haven't bothered.

That said, I really like the Savanna for its novelty. It's made of bison horn, as is it's optional (at extra cost) stand. This one is really a desk pen as it does not have a clip. When I talked to a Taccia rep at a pen show a couple of years ago she gave me a two-part elastic lanyard so that I could slip one part over the end of the pen and clip the other part onto my shirt. Then I could put the pen in my shirt pocket and join the two parts of the lanyard to keep the pen captive. (It was a very short lanyard, about three inches as I recall.) I have not had occasion to use it but it looks like it would work. I think new Savanna pens may come with this device.

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/UEYYDYzNmNDOOk/8944966.0/800/p/TA02_Tacci_Savanna%2C_Open_on_Stand.jpg

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/UEYYDYzNmNDOOk/8944968.0/800/p/TA02_Taccia_Savannah_Closed%2C_on_Stand.jpg

My other Taccia is a special that was done for Swisher Pens, which is unfortunately no longer in business. This one is a very large pen, slightly larger than a Pelikan M1000.

http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/GZIjmBNMjLU0Mh/8944964.0/800/p/TA01_Taccia_Swisher_Mint_Stripe.jpg

Both pens are C/C fillers and take standard international cartridges or converters. Both write quite nicely other than the feedback that I already mentioned, they are quite well behaved otherwise.

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

I won the buffalo horn Savannah at the Arkansas show a couple years back when Taccia was there. Very nice lady (the owner or CEO or whatever) and I really like their pens. I would say for the amount of work that goes into their fancy offerings the price point is really good.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help, please? A few days ago I bought a Taccia Covenant on Ebay from the US. Unfortunately, I dropped it and ruined the nib. I cannot find replacement nibs anywhere. I emailed the person who sold me the pen and he doesn't have any. I emailed Taccia (Itoya) and they have not replied. The nib unit doesn't look like it is interchangeable. Are replacement Taccia nibs available for purchase?

I am not familiar with the Covenant model but on my Taccia, the nib is a standard steel #6 size. Can you describe the nib on your pen? Is it gold or steel? Do you know the size? This might help us point you in the right direction.