Autumn Colours

mattypoos

Autumn is on its way and i was just wondering if any of you fine people had any suggestions as to what inks would compliment the season well? i'd guess browns and reds.

thank you for your help :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• gwyneddd

• SeeksAdvice

• brunico

To the above suggestions, I'd add DIAMINE Deep Dark Red, Deep Dark Brown, and Deep Dark Orange, all exclusives to be found at Cult Pens, online site based in the UK.

Noodler's Apache Sunset, J. Herbin Orange Indien, Pelikan Brilliant Brown, Noodler's Red Rattler.

Diamine Orange and a good black for Halloween.

Inked at the moment are Sailor Grenade, Pelikan Edelstein Amber and Diamine Autumn Oak. Autumn Oak really is a stunner with a wet stub.

Autumn is my favourite season. Looks nice, smells nice and feels good.

Edited by Namru

Iro Momji. An ink I ordered accidentally but am really loving. Will continue to use it even though winter is nearly over in Oz. In autumn the color almost matched that of the leaves in the front yard.

No one thought about the Autumn sky...maybe J. Herbin Cacao du Bresil? Autumn is also the season of the grapes....so here we can really get crazy with burgundy and purple and golden-green; a few off the top of my head: R&K Scabiosa, R&K Alt-Goldgrun, R&K Alt Bordeaux!

Edited by dragos.mocanu

"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true..." (Carl Sagan)

I'd add Diamine Amaranth, Matador, Evergreen, and Ochre to the above. Also, depending on your autumn, a blue-green like Eat de Nil or Yama-dori. Noodler's Kiowa Pecan, too.

J. Herbins Lie de The, Stipula Sepia, J. Herbins Rouge Hematite, for the red/gol/green sheen.

Autumn has always been fire colours and earth colours for me.

The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

Diamine Pumpkin!

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>

President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

+1 on Diamine Autumn Oak

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" Patrick Henry

Black ... the same response I have to every seasonal ink question ;P The same response I have to what ink to write love notes with. The same response I have to just about any of those type questions.

Simply because the weather outside changes, why change inks? Black, blue, blue/black work year 'round. Though, I do admit to a certain fondness for Iroshizuku Fuyu-Syogun, but winter matches my personality, etc.. :)

Plus, by staying with the same color set, you don't have to buy "seasonal" inks. Just the core staples.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan

J. Herbins Lie de The, Stipula Sepia, J. Herbins Rouge Hematite, for the red/gol/green sheen.

Autumn has always been fire colours and earth colours for me.

+1 on these colors! Check you pm box for my message!

Black ... the same response I have to every seasonal ink question ;P The same response I have to what ink to write love notes with. The same response I have to just about any of those type questions.

Simply because the weather outside changes, why change inks? Black, blue, blue/black work year 'round. Though, I do admit to a certain fondness for Iroshizuku Fuyu-Syogun, but winter matches my personality, etc.. :)

Plus, by staying with the same color set, you don't have to buy "seasonal" inks. Just the core staples.

I don't change ink by the season, either, but I also can not remember the last time I used a black or blue-black ink. Just too...err...staid for me. I like ink with a bit of zip to it. (That being said, I can't say I would never use them, but they'd have to be pretty special.)

Right now I carry 5 or so fps on me at any one time and the inks I have in them are likely to be Diamine Bilberry, Iroshizuku Yama-guri, Iro Kon-peki, Iro Asa-gao and Diamine Burnt Sienna. The Billberry and Yama-guri are the only ones I have full bottles of, and I do have a few other samples, so everything is subject to change at short notice. I will probably always have pens inked with the Bb and the Y-g because they are splendid inks but once in awhile it's nice to change a few things. Changing inks is much easier than a lot of other things we could change!

To quote many others "Life is too short to use boring inks!" Or to stick with them, either...

Regards,

Brian

Edited by Brian K

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

Iroshizuku Fuyu-Gaki (persimmon)

Sailor Doyou (dark brown)

I like the idea of autumn sky: how about Iroshizuku Kiri-Same or Montblanc Oyster Grey?

Maybe a teal to go with the browns/reds/oranges? Sailor Yama-dori?

Diamine Oxblood

Noodler's Sequoia, Zhivago, Walnut