Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Ebay Filters

Uncial

Why is ebay removing the geographic filters? Usually when I got o ebay it has a list of location preferences for an item down the left hand side and I can pick, local, Europe wide or world wide. But now this option has gone. I've tried looking elsewhere for it but can't seem to find it anywhere. It's quite annoying, because if I search for pens and I want to know what is in my local area or in Europe (where I won't get stung with import tax) it used to come up easily, but now it doesn't and I have a load of stuff from the US and China in the search and it doesn't tell me where anything is until I actually click on it.

Hopefully I am missing the new filter tab that has been staring me in the face all this time - please, tell me this is so!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hbyu

• BookCat

• Uncial

• KBeezie

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been the same for me for a while, my only choices for the last couple of months here in the USA has been:

Worldwide, North America, or United States.

I can't remember exactly when I had the ability to cherry-pick geographic locations but it's been a LOOONG time since I seen it.

Maybe pressure from their mega-sellers like the Chinese/India/etc markets?

I still have this function. The option to chose the 'item location' a particular distance from my post code is there too. I wonder if the availability of this filter depends upon which country you're in?

Have you zoomed into the page so that you can no longer see the left hand column? Maybe trying another browser might help.

Edited by BookCat

I still have this function. The option to chose the 'item location' a particular distance from my post code is there too. I wonder if the availability of this filter depends upon which country you're in?

Have you zoomed into the page so that you can no longer see the left hand column? Maybe trying another browser might help.

I doubt the browser is the problem as the options do appear on the left hand side, they're just limited to only a few choices. It used to be that I could pick specific countries I wanted to see listings from, rather than only being able to choose US, North America, or World (plus the distance filter which isn't particularly useful when trying to avoid specific countries).

Unless they went more drastic with Ireland and don't even give those choices of local/europe/world.

Ireland still has it (on ebay.ie), but I rarely ever use it because it is seriously limited for some reason. For instance I can find Irish stuff listed through ebay.co.uk or .com that doesn't even turn up on .ie - except of course now I can't, but .ie has always been a bit pants. Ebay.co.uk and ebay.com has removed it entirely as far as I can see.

Two thoughts.

First, the item location section is still there on my desktop PC but doesn't appear when I use my tablet, so ebay appears to have different displays for different devices.

Secondly, if you go to advanced search and set up 'EU' as your location preference, as long as you continue to search from the same page that preference will remain in place.

I find it highly frustrating that I can't set EU only as my default preference. I only very occasionally search worldwide, and that's when I'm looking for Chinese or Japanese pens.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/