• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ac12

• Icywolfe

• Doug C

• Komitadjie

Top Posters In This Topic

It said "closed through August"

I take that to mean they took the month of August off and will reopen in Sept.

That is not unlike dealing with people in Europe. I had to get my communications done by the end of July, cuz after that I won't get them till Sept. They have a very different idea of a vacation.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

No, they now say they are closed for business, and they are selling their domain name. What a shame..

the Danitrio Fellowship

Originally they had said they were closed for August but now it seems they are completely closing their doors and selling their domain name.

It said "closed through August"

I take that to mean they took the month of August off and will reopen in Sept.

That is not unlike dealing with people in Europe. I had to get my communications done by the end of July, cuz after that I won't get them till Sept. They have a very different idea of a vacation.

Fooey

www.SFPenShow.com

Well drat, I was planning on GOING there this coming weekend! Dang, I'm not sure where that even puts my nearest Montblanc retailer...

Sad to see another (mostly) pen retailer fold, especially one that has been around for 40+ years. (And no "going out of business" sale, either, though I might have missed it if there was one.) :mellow: :(

Holly

Edited by OakIris

I wonder if they are actually closing their physical store and selling their current domain to open up a online only store?

#Nope

I wonder if they are actually closing their physical store and selling their current domain to open up a online only store?

No, you won't sell the domain name, to open an online store. Becuz then you start from scratch. You want to keep the link so your old customers can find you.

www.SFPenShow.com

They had a 1912 in stock, heck if I had known that they were closing I would have bought the damn thing when I was there.

That news just plain sucks...

Montblanc in Bellevue will be the only option now.

There is no Montblanc in Bellevue, that closed years ago.

I had reported the World Lux B&M closing last month. I was wondering how they managed to stay open for so long since they really didn't have a lot of traffic going through whenever I was at the store. Seems like watches and pens wasn't good enough to keep it open.

What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

Really does seem like that would be more of a sidlight than a main revenue source... Even with the mark-ups on that kind of thing, you'd still have to move a LOT of pens and watches to make overhead for a business in Seattle. Probably just a case of not enough business to stay open, sadly.

stopped by there today, only to find it closed. I went in a couple months ago looking for the permanent grey (and they didn't seem to have it even though the site said they did?). Looks like they closed on July 31st (ac12 probably mentioned that). I went around the corner to Silberman Brown Stationery. She said she didn't know of any place to buy Montblanc ink and that they are looking into becoming a Montblanc ink retailer. That shop is waaaay busier and WAY more welcoming than World Lux's jewelry-gallery look had been.

I suspect the closest place to get it right now is Vancouver.

No, you won't sell the domain name, to open an online store. Becuz then you start from scratch. You want to keep the link so your old customers can find you.

I know a small computer store that did just that. I was ticked off though, they closed their store and closed their website and reopened like 6 months later under a different name. The only way I found out who they were was they sold the special liquid they made for water cooling systems. And the bottle was labeled on top of their old label.

#Nope

Greetings,

Someone here noted last month that Worldlux had taken the month of August off. I just checked their website and there's a banner reading, "We are closed for business. Click here to inquire about purchasing our domain name."

That's a shame -- they've been around a long time. Very good, prompt service. I bought a number of pens, pen cases, briefcases and even a watch or two from them over the years.

Chris

• 3 months later...

I just found out about it. That's a shame, indeed.

I have three nice (IMO) fountain pens - apart from the Caran d'Ache Leman I got from exchanging points of a loyalty program, my Waterman Carène (which started it all) and Parker Premier were bought from World Lux - great prices and service. I'll miss them... -_-