J. Herbin 1670 Stormy Grey - Photos

Ellina

Oh sure. Rub it in for the rest of us....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

You call Larry, he'll take care of you. Of course, the guy has some great ink so it can get really expensive. I finally have just told him my budget and let him pick the inks. He sent me some GREAT stuff.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• cybaea

• Fabienne

• LeonW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm glad they went with the gold flecks. I don't think silver flecks would stand out nearly so well.

I'm not sure if I'll buy it. The Rouge Hematite just doesn't get used very often, so I don't know if I would use this one either.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

O! Ellina, what you've started with your jaunt to Paris!! lol Gotta love it! <3

The California Effects: I went in to my local ink and FP shop today in search of Noodler's nightshade which I procured, (Yea!) and could not help but notice that they had the J. Herbin 1670 limited edition Anniversary Red and Ocean Blue (neither of which I personally have the urge to own). I asked the store rep when they would be procuring some of this illicit beautiful Stormy Grey and she was unaware it was available/out/ up and coming. I told her the story, out in France, not in the USA until October, FPN member trip to Paris procurement and much drooling here for good reason lol and asked her when she would be receiving her supply. She was intrigued and uptook the challenge to try to get the ink into her store sooner than October and said that she would contact her J. Herbin rep STAT and ask him to pull some international strings and get it soon. I told her I needed MUST HAVE 2 bottles to begin with, one to use the second it falls into my little hands and the second to squirrel away unopened, intact, pristine so that in the event of an apocalypse I can dissect the recipe, recreate it and help to rebuild the crucial parts of society... lol *sigh* cannot wait to have it. Again, thank you for the ink test and the excitement Ellina <3

I told her I needed MUST HAVE 2 bottles to begin with, one to use the second it falls into my little hands and the second to squirrel away unopened, intact, pristine so that in the event of an apocalypse I can dissect the recipe, recreate it and help to rebuild the crucial parts of society...

Love this!

The crucial parts of society of course being the FP community? :lticaptd:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'm glad they went with the gold flecks. I don't think silver flecks would stand out nearly so well.

I am actually in the opposite camp, I wish they had used silver flecks. In their early descriptions of this ink they had assured that the gold would not stand out, but in every photo I have seen it is very obvious. Well, less competition over the initial stocks for the rest of you. :)

Well Saffronskye, it's easy enough for you in the UK, just hop on the Eurostar and glide across that tunnel for your bottle

Tempting thought.... :happyberet:

I love that color ink--although the gold particles make me nervous. I love grey ink, and J Herbin so I suppose I better get ready to order it.

I hate gray inks, I hate grey inks....

But I can't hate this one no matter how much I try!! Is it because it's actually gold AND gray, in a sense?

Between this and Diamine's new Autumn Oak, I'm totally sold on getting full bottles. Come overseas already!! DX

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

What a glorious ink! It reminds me of the stars in the sky with the dark grey and the shimmering gold....so gorgeous!

Thank you very much for sharing and for the beautiful photos!

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

I think somewhere I ready that the gold is supposed to actually not REALLY look gold, gold (technical term) and that the silver wouldn't have given in the 'sparkle' they wanted as the grey would overwhelm the silver.

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Innocently, you open up a thread. It's safe to go in here, grey is boring. Nothing to worry about, no risk. You don't like grey, you don't need any more ink. Now, you love grey and you cannot wait to click 'buy now'. Dear God, WHY? I'll never learn, it always turns out bad.

Thanks.

No, really, thanks, it's beautiful. I'm in :wub:

Same exact thought. Grey inks normally do nothing for me. Figured that I would just check out something I haven't seen, should be safe for my wallet... Now I need this in my life. I really need to stop browsing ink reviews. Beautiful color. Cannot wait for US release.

Edited by sffstorm

awesome! i got the rouge hematite. now i need the stromy grey. by the way, have you tried to mix both inks together? i wonder if it works, since both have gold flakes anyways.

-rudy-

SWEET JESUS I NEED THAT. Not want. NEED. It cannot be unseen, and thus has become part of me. I long for it the way I long for sushi.

Exactly!!!

And to have to wait until the end of October??? Agony.

Just reserved mine. I love the Rouge Hematite. Really special stuff.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg