J. Herbin 1670 Stormy Grey - Photos

Ellina

I got my hands on a bottle of a new J.Herbin anniversary ink - J.Herbin 1670 Stormy Grey - during my last trip to Paris. Here are some photos of the writing (with my Lamy 2000 EF nib), of an ink syringe splash test and of the packaging. The paper used is Rhodia dot pad and Midori lightweight paper.

The bottle has a dark grey seal and a dark grey cap with a silver rope. The box has a little silver ship on the top (Rouge Hematite has a star and Bleu Ocean has a seashell).

All the gold particles sit on the bottom, so the bottle needs to be shaken quite well before using the ink.

The amount of gold is not as heavy as in Rouge Hematite, so the ink has a very nice gold sheen to it.

The last two photos are from my Instagram (@elltbr).

Hope you enjoy my little demo of this fabulous ink!

post-101543-0-75026000-1409659123_thumb.jpg

post-101543-0-69709500-1409659174_thumb.jpg

post-101543-0-61856000-1409659207_thumb.jpg

post-101543-0-99367700-1409659261_thumb.jpg

post-101543-0-58957700-1409659332_thumb.jpg

post-101543-0-21934900-1409659405_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ellina

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• cybaea

• Fabienne

• LeonW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I positively hate you for showing us this ink. I need another one like a hole in the head. Arggggh. (Nice piccies, thanks for taking them and going through the trouble).

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Oh I simply cannot wait for this ink to hit to shops!!!! Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous <3

UK-based pen fan. I love beautiful ink bottles, sealing wax, scented inks, and sending mail art. Also, thanks to a wonderful custom-ground nib by forum member Bardiir, I'm currently attempting calligraphy after years of not being able to do so due to having an odd pen-grip :D

Great job and thanks for sharing with us. I am jonesing for this ink like no one's business!!! Might have to get more than one bottle! :wub:

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

MUST. HAVE. I love grey inks, and my go-to pen is a Lamy 2000 EF. Most grey inks are hard to read from such a fine point. (I love Fuyu-Syogun but it doesn't show up very well from an EF.)

Thanks for the great pictures!

Thanks for sharing, this looks beautiful. I may need to get a bottle. And I don't even like grey. LOL

I have so many unopened bottles of ink I haven't had time to get to. I have an unopened bottle of the Rouge Hematite. I should play with that instead of buying more ink.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

+1 :puddle: :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

+1

Fav. PensMB 146, Pilot Falcon, TWSBI VAC 700.

Fav. Inks:  Pilot Iroshizuku Yama Budo & Yama Guri; Diamine Syrah, Oxblood & Eclipse; J. Herbin Rouge Hematite & Vert Reseda; Noodler's Black, Red Black & Zhivago.

On another thread someone said the US release date has been pushed back to OCTOBER! :angry:

How the heck am I supposed to wait ANOTHER WHOLE MONTH?? :gaah:

Then, of course, will be the 64K question -- sample first or go whole hog and get a full bottle....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

OMG!
http://www.goodbooksandgoodwine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Jonah-Hill-Excited.gif
Saw the photo on instagram and I just can't wait to get my hands on this! I hope they'll release it in the EU earlier then October...
Wanted to get it for my birthday....