Just Ordered Pilot Custom Heritage 912!

Kuhataparunks

I must've missed those reviews of the stubs. I was using Pilot blue from a bottle; it was still running dry. This was my first Pilot disappointment. I harbor no resentment though; they did offer to adjust it for me so I can't really complain. I still love all my Pilots and expect I'll be loving this 912 when it comes back from nibmeister Brown. I also plan to acquire a couple of more Pilots such as a 743 and an 845 sometime.

Nobody and no compay's perfect.

I agree. But pilot has spoiled me in that their pens are incredibly good and constant writers out of the box. Hope the pen is sorted as it is a very nice writer. One of the best factory stubs going around.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fromthecrowd

• miatagrrl

• Lamyrada

• cellardoor04

I feel the same way about Pilot pens and am not going to let this experience embitter me.

Thanks for your good wishes.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

To be fair to Pilot, after I emailed them in FL, they agreed to take it and adjust it. But, I decided to send it to Pendleton Brown instead. Looking forward to seeing what magic he'll work with it.

Ah, you're sending it to the master. Please give us a little sample, when it returns, as well as your first impressions.

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

Will do. This is the first time I'm using his services.

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

IMO, he's the absolute best! You won't be disappointed.

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

• 1 month later...

I have recently been doing more pen & ink drawings (line hatching being the main shading technique), and I found the Pilot FA nib to be a bit too broad, so I started looking around for finer options. After some deliberation, and without knowing much about it (since I rarely hear anything about it), I got a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 with posting (PO) nib. Wow, that is a seriously under-rated nib! Very fine -- finer than the Falcon SEF (which I also have) -- yet still very smooth! How come there's not much talk about it?? I love mine! Check out the little head feathers on this baby robin (sketched from photo; original sketch is about 5" x 5") -- very, very fine line. I wish this nib were available on less-expensive pen bodies. Has anyone found the PO on another model?

post-95699-0-17597700-1435879701_thumb.jpg

That's what I need! I have a SFM Heritage 912. Fine, cery smooth but not enough Fine.

Wish they sold the nibs separately!

That is a great example!

the cheapest PO nib I know can be acquired from an esterbrook I just forgot the number but should be clerical posting nib

It is probably the 1554? I use that for drawing....

Edited by Lamyrada

I have recently been doing more pen & ink drawings (line hatching being the main shading technique), and I found the Pilot FA nib to be a bit too broad, so I started looking around for finer options. After some deliberation, and without knowing much about it (since I rarely hear anything about it), I got a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 with posting (PO) nib. Wow, that is a seriously under-rated nib! Very fine -- finer than the Falcon SEF (which I also have) -- yet still very smooth! How come there's not much talk about it?? I love mine! Check out the little head feathers on this baby robin (sketched from photo; original sketch is about 5" x 5") -- very, very fine line. I wish this nib were available on less-expensive pen bodies. Has anyone found the PO on another model?

Lovely artwork! I have been thinking about getting a Pilot 912 with a PO nib. I don't think they're available from US dealers, so I'll have to order from Japan. I do like my Custom 912 with an SU nib that I bought from nibs.com.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

can someone post photos of the various nibs and writing samples please I'm very curious

Here is a good place to start:

http://www.gouletpens.com/nib-nook

They sell many of the pilot pens.

I did a google search, "Pilot nib photos" and found plenty of photos for you.

Edited by Frank C

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

lol ok I'll just go to google image instead of forums from now on

You can find a lot of information there.

Has anyone found the PO on another model?

Nice art work, thats a 'fine' sketch.

Tokyo Quill Pen Shop, as has been mention elsewhere, has the ability to get 823's with the #15 PO nib from PIlot. However, they would need firm interest from several people to make it financially viable.

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens

Has anyone found the PO on another model?

The PO nib is available on the custom 742, heritage 912, and custom 743.

From where yo buy other than Engeika? Buying from them makes me I'll during the wait.

From where yo buy other than Engeika? Buying from them makes me I'll during the wait.

I ordered mine from Global Rakuten (vendor: Bunkidou) for US $123 (looks like the price has dropped since I bought mine due to the exchange rate):

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bunkidou-shop/item/fkvh2mr/

I'm in the US, and it came in only 4 days! I don't know what the shipping option was called, but I paid 1200 Y for it.

If there were enough people here and the price better than over $200 that would be OK. I find the system cumbersome, since you have yo disengage the cap to write and close to store. . It's like another click when in the digital world. I want less clicks, not more.

Know of anyone selling 912 with the PO?