Help! Heritage 912. Ef Or Po Nib?

Kuhataparunks

Kuhataparunks

My search for a good needle-thin line continues.

My favorite pen to write with so far is a Penmanship nib(EF by Pilot's standard)on a Metro and Prera.

I got an elite 95S with a 14K EF nib once, thinking it'd be like a penmanship, but it was exactly like a Metro's Fine. Very disappointed.

Then I found a 1960s vintage elite with 18K Posting nib, and it doesn't write very satisfactorily. Maybe that's because I am using Pilot Cartridges in it? But I just don't like it, it writes thin, hollow lines on sidestrokes and bold ones on downstrokes. And the line isn't what many say a PO line is (finer than EF) It makes for a very inconsistent writing experience.

BUT now I've felt the difference between 14/18K and steel nibs. Now I want a 14K nib that writes as thin as a Penmanship. (Any suggestions there?)

QUESTION:

How is the PO nib on a Heritage 912? is it a hair-thin line that writes solid lines in every direction(that's what I want)? And how does it compare to the EF nib on the same pen, a Heritage 912?

I'm assuming the finer line will be on a PO nib.

Thanks if you've gotten this far, and I'm planning to get a Heritage 912, but am very conflicted over which nib.

Thanks again for your help!

Edited by Kuhataparunks
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuhataparunks

• napalm

• Thuja

• Hewson

How is the PO nib on a Heritage 912? is it a hair-thin line that writes solid lines in every direction(that's what I want)?

Yes.

I like teeny tiny nibs and I would like to recommend Platinum 3776 Century UEF. The nib is absolutely amazing.

Caretaker for a bevy of Swans.

+1 platinum 3776 UEF nib

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

Kuhataparunks

Haha I think a UEF would be a tad too thin for an EDC (I've heard that in other reviews).

That pen addict link helped tremendously, I think I'll go with a PO nib!! :D

I personally don't find the Platinum UEF too thin for EDC but before I returned to fountain pens I did spend well over a decade using only Pigma Micron 0.2 pens so my hand is used to very thin pens.

Edit. Wanted to add that Pilot PO is on my shopping list, I do love japanese nibs.

Edited by Thuja

Caretaker for a bevy of Swans.

I had PO and a Salor EF and also the Penmanship EF

I would say the PO is the best for your case because it's stiff as a stick and is very thin. This is a EF nib if you turned an EF nib 90 degrees onto the paper.

The EF is more like any other nib so the line is a little thicker depending on the angle you hold it at

Kuhataparunks

I had PO and a Salor EF and also the Penmanship EF

I would say the PO is the best for your case because it's stiff as a stick and is very thin. This is a EF nib if you turned an EF nib 90 degrees onto the paper.

The EF is more like any other nib so the line is a little thicker depending on the angle you hold it at

Thank you for this comparison!!

I like stiff nibs, this pen sounds like everything I want in any pen, I hope it will impress when I order it!!

Thank you for this comparison!!

I like stiff nibs, this pen sounds like everything I want in any pen, I hope it will impress when I order it!!

I hope you enjoy it!