• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a.zy.lee

• jar

• Algester

• Bold2013

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like mine, it works great, the ebony of mine it's O.K. it's not among my favorites. From Germany i prefer Pelikan and Mont Blanc

I was thinking of the Classic Anello in Ebony as well... but I have yet to feel it but sadly no GvFC or FC pens in my country for that matter

I was thinking of the Classic Anello in Ebony as well... but I have yet to feel it but sadly no GvFC or FC pens in my country for that matter

Here is an Ebony Anello next to an MB 146 to get you thinking.

http://www.fototime.com/FBF90664D19D128/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/E80D57F17AB0B88/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/8890C85752CCDB9/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/79AA583ABA437EE/medium800.jpg

My Website

how is the weight of the pen...

when I'm saying about thinking will I actually like it when I have it on my hands... because really... I'm drooling when looking at it I also saw the pen in person (palladium was it?) but was WAY WAY out of my budget reach...

Edited by Algester

how is the weight of the pen...

when I'm saying about thinking will I actually like it when I have it on my hands... because really... I'm drooling when looking at it I also saw the pen in person (palladium was it?) but was WAY WAY out of my budget reach...

http://www.fototime.com/A8E60FA3CE9FAC7/medium800.jpg

My Website

A little over a year ago I wrote a review Braggin on GvFC. They are one of my favorite companies and probably my favorite German fountain pen company.

Jar, I believe it may be time to retell the wonderful complexity and build of the GvFC, especially when you open it for re-inking ;)

I agree, after I got my first Classic, per your recommendation, it also became my favorite German FP company!

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Just ordered my first from Goulet. It seemed like a low-risk way to try the brand. Besides, it's purple. :) Should be here by Saturday.

Can anyone comment on the basic vs ambition in regards to durability and comfort? Is the ambition worth the increase price above the basic? Also do you think a standard international cartridge with shellacked sac would fit in the basic or ambition?

Thanks

Can anyone comment on the basic vs ambition in regards to durability and comfort? Is the ambition worth the increase price above the basic? Also do you think a standard international cartridge with shellacked sac would fit in the basic or ambition?

Thanks

To me, the higher price of the Ambition is definitely worth it. The Ambition is comfortable to hold - better than any metal-grip pens. I don't think the Ambition is too durable, unless you get the Stainless Steel version, but it is as durable as any other plastic pen (I'm referring to the Black Resin version). It may be more durable than the metal Basic, as the section of the Basic is plastic and may not be able to hold the heavy metal barrel if it drops.

A standard international cartridge fits fine in both pens, but only the Faber-Castell converter fits.

I highly recommend the Ambition.

I happen to not like the pens so much, I feel they are not balanced properly. Then again I have small hands. The nibs however are glorious. Actually my little pen project of the day today was taking one of the nibs and slipping it in a Noodler's Nib Creeper...I had thought it was a long shot but amazingly it works beautifully. Now I have a piston filler that fits my hand and the glorious Faber-Castell nib in Fine.

If anything I worried that the ambition will be too short at 122mm compared to the basic 135mm. I have a twsbi vac 700 which is about the same weight and length of the basic and it fits great. I'm also worried that the basic might break after one drop based on the occasional section cracking reports. If only I could combine the benefits of each pen together.

If anything I worried that the ambition will be too short at 122mm compared to the basic 135mm. I have a twsbi vac 700 which is about the same weight and length of the basic and it fits great. I'm also worried that the basic might break after one drop based on the occasional section cracking reports. If only I could combine the benefits of each pen together.

I know your pain- I was in the same situation! I suggest you don't worry too much and just get the one that you like better. That's exactly what I did so I chose the Ambition over the Basic.

Thanks

for comfort the basic is better but if you like toned down looks the Ambition is a good pen I have the coconut wood version despite the absence of a proper section gripping it on the barrel make it feel well balance even when posted (which is ironic and I already made a long writing session with the ambition of about 2 hours I can attest) but I think the Onodoro is a better step up man that smoked oak :3... IF IF... bleh... stop making me drool... I'm still earning my sister's post boards FP and then... stonewashed Kaweco... then I can move onto harder to get FPs like the Pilot CH912, F-C Onodoro and the GvFC Classic Anello in Ebony WHY ARE THEY HARD TO GET WELL IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN FP DISTRIBUTOR FOR THESE PENS :X

Edited by Algester

I like the Onodoro better than both the Basic and Ambition. The contoured section and good balance make it easier to hold. Took 5 pages of lecture notes yesterday with a smoked oak Ondoro and it was smooth sailing all the way.

YMMV.

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

The smoked oak Onodoro would be awesome but is far more expensive than the other faber castells. Algester is the ambition comfortable to write with unposted?

The smoked oak Onodoro would be awesome but is far more expensive than the other faber castells. Algester is the ambition comfortable to write with unposted?

I'm here too, you know...

Yes. Ambition is actually more comfortable unposted. Posted, the pen is very back-heavy.

Edited by a.zy.lee

I used to strongly consider the full-black e-motion FP but in the end went for the Lamy 2000.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.