De Atramentis Thinning Agent For Document Inks

Morbus Curiositas

Dear FPN Friends

I have tested several De Atramentis Document inks.

They are one of the first nano-particle IG free inks which are absolutely safe for Fountain Pens.

All Document inks are Bombproof as I showed in my seperate extensive reviews of some of the document colours. You can find these in the links down here.

De Atramentis Document Ink Blue

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/263866-de-atramentis-document-ink/

Dark Blue

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/266158-de-atramentis-document-ink-dark-blue/

Brown and Green

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/270697-de-atramentis-document-inks-brown-and-green/

Thinning Agent

Now De Atramentis has come up with something new and unique...

fpn_1406200734__da_brown_green_thinner_f

A thinning agent for their document colours....

As I I showed in th above mentioned reviews De Atramentis Inks are truly permanent. Once written down on the paper they can not be removed, without leaving traces, by any means.

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/DA%20Docu%20Ink%20experiment/docuthinningfirstsite_zpsd9c9923c.jpg

The thinning agent was developed for Ink Artists like Urban Sketchers. There are various Urbans Sketchers who paint with inks like fellow member Pictogramax

Pictogramax made with De Atramentis, Havann, Khaki and Gold

Since De Atramentis is keen on helping Artists and Fountain Pen lovers he developed several Document Colours. For now these are Blue, Dark Blue, Black, Green, Red, Brown, Turquoise, and Magenta

fpn_1409046836__document_ink.jpg

More Colours are being developed on request.

The Thinning agent allows you to mix your own shade of a Document colour. Once written down these inks can of course not be removed.

Thinning Agent experiments

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/DA%20Docu%20Ink%20experiment/documixtext_zpsbcb4c337.jpg

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/DA%20Docu%20Ink%20experiment/documixtext2_zps09a0bddc.jpg

A grey greenish mix odf documentclours and thinning agetn (last is phot is a bit too light)

I have experimented a bit with the Thinning Agent and several De Atramentis Document Colours. It are only first experments, which need some fine tuning, but the results are very promising.

From black to grey

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/DA%20Docu%20Ink%20experiment/Blackshort_zps5cb5c788.jpg

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/DA%20Docu%20Ink%20experiment/blacklong_zps866b4343.jpg

I am still working o a way to get the best results and standardize the process of mixing. I will ask Dr Jansen the Owner of De Atramentis for advice here.

The Green

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/DA%20Docu%20Ink%20experiment/green_zpsbdd29110.jpg

As you can see the colours can be stretched quite far. In the 1:1 solution the saturation obviously is diminuished, This will probably be very nice for making aquarell paintings

The brown

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/DA%20Docu%20Ink%20experiment/brown_zps08837ed5.jpg

Very nice brown colour variations.Suited for artists and PERMANENT

It was hard to hit the true colour spot on. I will ask fellow member Tas if he can adapt and post this pic with accurate colours

Document Colour and Thinning Agent mixing experiment

Since I already got my fingers dirty with mixing (It was quit messy me being spastic fantastic)

I thought well why don’t I add some green to the diluted brown.

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/Morbus_Curiositas/DA%20Docu%20Ink%20experiment/documixexperiment_zps1b8da195.jpg

I believe the colours are very nice and unique since thy are permanent. Must test some other colour mixes and graduations too…. Blue and red etc

Some nice things to know

· More document colour can be developed on YOUR and Urban Sketchers request.

· Colours can be developed (in factory) to the needs and wishes of the clients/artists

· Unlimited ways to mix you own shade and colours

· Colour adaption. On input colours can be adapted like more red in the brown or more saturation etc etc.

· I guess this is unique… Yes there are other permanent inks, in various colours. But mixing your own shade and adding your input is a very nice service by De Atramentis I believe (Of course it is easier to adapt or create a (new) colour the higher the number of asking clients is)

To Conclude.

Dr Jansen is very keen on your input. He is improving his inks and his service on a permanent basis. Please send him your remarks. On the following address. http://info@de-atramentis.com

There are several new items on the De Atramentis website now

· Safety Data sheets

· Colour chart of the standard inks

Ink drops

You can now order Ink drops of the standard colours to your order. These are 2 ml samples for testing…. A bit like the great Goulet Pen company offers them

fpn_1409047647__tropfen_1.gif

Special Offer 4=3

If you got temted by these or the numerous of other inks…. There is a nice offer for you

4=3 meaning if youorder 4 bottles you will onl have to pay for 3 bottles.

Tempted?????

Please write an E-mail to http://info@de-atramentis.com with the inks of your liking

Make sure you insert the following sentence in your E-mail

Peter; 4 für 3, 4 bestellen 3 zahlen

This way Dr Jansen knows about the Discount.

If you want to obtain the thinning agent please add the following sentence

De Atramentis Verdünnungsflüssigkeit für Dokumententinten in you E-Mail

I hope this article was amusing and informative to you…

Warmest regards

Peter

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbus Curiositas

• cybaea

• Lorna Reed

• pictogramax

Oops forgot to paste in the picture of Pictogramax artwork in the above posted review... silly me :headsmack:

Well here it is

fpn_1409042312__pictogramax-2013-06-03-s

Very lovely artwork with De Atramentis Havanna, Gold and Khaki (non permanent) :happyberet: :happyberet: :happyberet:

Regards Peter

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Thanks very much for this information - very interesting and informative. :thumbup:

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

Thanks very much for this information - very interesting and informative. :thumbup:

Hello Lorna

You're welcome...

If tempted be smart and order in the way I described this way you will get a free bottle of ink

May I suggest you the lovely wine ink Merlot it reviewed....

It looked so nice that i actually tasted a drop :)

This looks mighty interesting! I will certainly give it a try; especially since one can now mix his own color and shade. Thumbs up!

P.S. Many thanks for featuring and complimenting my image :-)

Just received the thinning agent and four (more) bottles of Document ink - very excited to experiment with them!

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Hi cybaea

I am.curious for your experiments maybe try mixing a dilluted colour with some frops of another colour...

Mine gave very nice results.... zgrey with a green touch....

Want a postcard?

Just received the thinning agent and four (more) bottles of Document ink - very excited to experiment with them!

Sorry Cybaea I nent do you want a postcard with lovely grey green?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a sample of the Document Black and the Archive. My German is poor and I did write to ask if I could better understand the differences in the new De Atramentis inks, including the Black.

My first tests proved excellent on inexpensive paper, and will do more. Great permanence thus far.

Perhaps, Peter, you have asked or have the answer about how the inks differ? In the first quick tests, one seemed "slightly" darker than the other.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Zoe

Would the thinning agent work for dye based scented inks too?

Also do you know any US retailers that sells the whole DeAtramentis ink and ink accessories collection?

#Nope

Would the thinning agent work for dye based scented inks too?

Also do you know any US retailers that sells the whole DeAtramentis ink and ink accessories collection?

I can't speak fro Dr Jansen, but water should work fine for the normal inks (will make them a little drier but heaven knows D-A inks can usually take it and there are ways of getting them flowing again if you need to).

I am guessing that the thinning agent is essentially the base of the Document inks sans pigments and dyes. You might get away with mixing it but why bother?

[i really need to play more with my bottle of thinning agent and bottles of Document ink. BTW, if in doubt, get the brown one - that is the winner in my book.]

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

I can't speak fro Dr Jansen, but water should work fine for the normal inks (will make them a little drier but heaven knows D-A inks can usually take it and there are ways of getting them flowing again if you need to).

I am guessing that the thinning agent is essentially the base of the Document inks sans pigments and dyes. You might get away with mixing it but why bother?

[i really need to play more with my bottle of thinning agent and bottles of Document ink. BTW, if in doubt, get the brown one - that is the winner in my book.]

Hi Cybaea....

You are right in 2 ways...

1 thinning agent is bombproof ink without pigments

2 brown is a winner...

Dr Jansen is sending me a red and a YELLOW!!!

According to Dr Jansen the yellow is too bright for normal writing (to his taste)

But....

Blue red and yellow are primary colours... with these and the agent one can mix any colour or shade...

I will send you samples of red and yellow.... Is 5ml sufficient for you?

BTW...

Dr Jansen will send me test tubes of all the standard colours for a comparisin of the inks like you did in your EXCELLENT!!! Diamine comparison...

Question how was your method.... Fill write and clean your pen...

Or dip pen only?