The Heritage 1914 On Display - It's A Huge Pen !

Sampanel

Just saw the display of the Heritage 1914 in a Hong Kong MB boutique. Both the 333 version (orange) and 1,000 version (black). Staff are so nice to let me take photos on them. They are huge !!! Will try to get another photo with the 149 for comparison.

http://www.sampanel.com/Hobby/Writing-Instrument/Montblanc-Heritage-1914/i-x2SCmTQ/0/X2/800_7448-X2.jpg

http://www.sampanel.com/Hobby/Writing-Instrument/Montblanc-Heritage-1914/i-LRWSvWs/0/X2/800_7447-X2.jpg

http://www.sampanel.com/Hobby/Writing-Instrument/Montblanc-Heritage-1914/i-Z8nLGb6/0/X2/800_7446-X2.jpg

http://www.sampanel.com/Hobby/Writing-Instrument/Montblanc-Heritage-1914/i-QPKM4ZT/0/XL/800_7451-XL.jpg

http://www.sampanel.com/Hobby/Writing-Instrument/Montblanc-Heritage-1914/i-8PZFpWJ/0/X2/800_7449-X2.jpg

http://www.sampanel.com/Hobby/Writing-Instrument/Montblanc-Heritage-1914/i-Q4WsPfM/0/X2/800_7452-X2.jpg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• Axis

• meiers

• Sampanel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was dying to see pics of these.. Thank you!

They are lovely! I am in the market for the 1912 Heritage but this is really tempting me to wait.. unfortunately, I suspect that the resin 1,000 pieces will be much, much more expensive than the 1912.

Any idea how much the black one is for? I am really curious

Edited by Pravda

Smart looking pens :)

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I like the mop star on the black version. What is the star on the orange version made of? Is it crystal?

WHY have I never seen these?! When did they come out? Is it out yet? I want the black one with the MOP! I've always wanted the other one but this has a fricking MOP STAR!!! I WANT THIS!

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

Quoted from this thread:

Upcoming Montblanc Heritage 1913

Toll, on 10 Aug 2014 - 13:24, said:

I just came back from a local Boutique and I saw the promotional materials for the 2014 Heritage. The Orange version looks stunning -- only 333 pieces at about $17K each! The black version will have a run of 1,000 pieces and cost in excess of $6K. Both are out of my league, but the orange one certainly got my attention.

Quoted from this thread:

Upcoming Montblanc Heritage 1913

Toll, on 10 Aug 2014 - 13:24, said:

I just came back from a local Boutique and I saw the promotional materials for the 2014 Heritage. The Orange version looks stunning -- only 333 pieces at about $17K each! The black version will have a run of 1,000 pieces and cost in excess of $6K. Both are out of my league, but the orange one certainly got my attention.

Yes, it's around that price. For the star, the orange version is the mix of mop & sapphires. The black is mop.

Wow. Heritage 1914 looks amazing. Thanks for posting pictures. Looking forward to seeing pictures of how large it is compared to 149.

17k for a pen that's almost 90% made out of plastic? Although I agree both pens look stunning, I believe they have lost all touch with reality at Montblanc.

Thanks for sharing those images. I was very curious about those pens.

Love the size, coral color and MOP star but don't care too much for the metal trim at the gripping section and filler knob.

Cheers

Michael

17k for a pen that's almost 90% made out of plastic? Although I agree both pens look stunning, I believe they have lost all touch with reality at Montblanc.

There must be 333 people on this planet to sell this to. Would you buy it for 9k?

Thanks so much for the pics. Both are outside of what I am willing to spend, but I know that I will keep my eyes open for a Heritage 1914 in black on the secondary market. 1000 pieces or not, that thing is going to depreciate like a piano falling out of a window...

Stunning pens either way...

There must be 333 people on this planet to sell this to. Would you buy it for 9k?

Personally I draw the limit at 1k for any pen. But, I understand different strokes for different folks. Except for a few very limited vintage models most limited Montblancs are available on the secondary and gray market. I doubt this particular model will sell out at the current mrsp.

Edited by pen jubky

This. Going by the Montblanc website, ceaseless indulgent 'launches' and 'events' are making them believe their own hype!

Personally I draw the limit at 1k for any pen. But, I understand different strokes for different folks. Except for a few very limited vintage models most limited Montblancs are available on the secondary and gray market. I doubt this particular model will sell out at the current mrsp.

Probably true, but I doubt MB would make 1000 units without being sure that they'd be able to sell them (or at least enough to make a profit). Like you, I'll wait to see it on the secondary market.

Some people don't know what else to do with their money quantity. Wanting another (expensive) pen is probably a (mind) disease.

Edited by Trom

Wanting more than ONE pen that accomplishes the same task is senseless. Talking about them on the internet instead of simply using them is senseless. We aren't here because of sense. :D