Timbo999

Well that's a little surprising. I simply presumed Parker short cartridges were super common? Surely pens that take these cartridges are available worldwide?

Have you checked the main places, like USA eBay and Amazon? I'll see what I can find when I'm at my PC tomorrow.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OakIris

• Timbo999

• alc3261

• soapytwist

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that's a little surprising. I simply presumed Parker short cartridges were super common? Surely pens that take these cartridges are available worldwide?

Have you checked the main places, like USA eBay and Amazon? I'll see what I can find when I'm at my PC tomorrow.

I've found some on eBay USA but not on Jet Pens, Goulet or Amazon USA.

I don't know of anywhere else in the USA to search???

Yeah, I was surprised, too, figured that there wouldn't be a problem finding them here, and, guess what, they aren't so hard to find after all. :blush:

A search for "Parker short cartridges" brought up primarily sellers in the UK/Europe, but it also brought up a couple of US eBay postings. After seeing a photo of them on eBay where the label had "mini" on it, I did a search for "Quink Mini cartridges," and, sure enough, actually got quite a few hits, I don't know why Goulet Pens doesn't sell the short/mini cartridges bu, among other places in the USA, xFountain Pens, Newegg and even Overstock sell them. So, cartridges won't be a problem - and you can get some ink colors that are not available from Parker except in the mini cartridges, which is kind of fun.

I didn't know this until today - where have I been?!? - but apparently Parker makes a pocket pen model, the Esprit, and that is the pen for which they make the mini cartridges. (Yes, the name and design were 'stolen' from the Rotring Esprit, but now that both companies have the same ownership, I guess that isn't technically theft, lol) I may have to add this pen to my wishlist; it is a pocket pen after all, and has garnered some decent reviews here on FPN. The Lamy Mini is still way cooler, though!

Holly

Sooooooo,

I've been looking into this and I'm happy to get a few made in solid black, with more texture than shown in the photos. Price is £15 all in, delivered to wherever in the world. The £15 includes the purchase of the £10 barrel plus 20% VAT, a delivery charge from the rapid prototyper to me, then Postage and Packaging from me to the recipients. I expect I will break even with this if not be a touch out of pocket, which I'm happy with. Payments accepted via PayPal.

So far I have the following people interested, please confirm that this is okay (this is likely going to be a one time thing, so speak up!) :

jet9

alc3261

soapytwist

OakIris

I don't know why Goulet Pens doesn't sell the short/mini cartridges bu, among other places in the USA, xFountain Pens, Newegg and even Overstock sell them. So, cartridges won't be a problem - and you can get some ink colors that are not available from Parker except in the mini cartridges, which is kind of fun.

Goulet doesn't sell Parker pens. xFountainpens does.

Goulet doesn't sell Parker pens. xFountainpens does.

Goulet Pens does in fact sell some Parker pens (the Parker Urban and IM,) though neither of these pens require the use of the mini/short cartridges. They also sell Parker converters and 'long' ink cartridges in addition to Parker bottled ink. xFountainpens sells/stocks a lot more models of Parker pens than does Goulet Pens, but none of them require the mini-cartridges either, and they still sell the mini cartridges. :)

I imagine there isn't all that much call for the smaller cartridges and the Goulets must not see a need to carry them, so they don't!

Holly

Hi all.

Sorry Doug C, I've already placed the order, and the PAMY barrels are already printed.

4 have been printed and I'll post a photo as soon as I receive them.

Tim-Jim.

Darn....

Hi all.

Sorry Doug C, I've already placed the order, and the PAMY barrels are already printed.

Tim-Jim.

Darn.....

the Danitrio Fellowship

Hi all.

Tim-Jim.

Looking forward to seeing the photos, Tim!

I'm trying to decide what Safari I should get so I can use its section and cap. I was thinking a red one would make a nice contrast with the new black barrel, but I rather like the way the Vista cap looked with the prototype. I do like demonstrators and I think a Vista cap with a black 'PAMY' barrel would look really nice, so I may go that route.

Ah well, no need for a decision about that right now. Thank you so much for taking the time to make a pocket 'Lamy' a reality for us, Tim. Can't wait!

Holly

I'm trying to decide what Safari I should get so I can use its section and cap. I was thinking a red one would make a nice contrast with the new black barrel, but I rather like the way the Vista cap looked with the prototype. I do like demonstrators and I think a Vista cap with a black 'PAMY' barrel would look really nice, so I may go that route.

Holly

Holly - I have a red and a yellow Safari, and also a aluminium-capped Joy. I'll post pictures if you can wait before taking the plunge!

"Truth can never be told, so as to be understood, and not be believ'd." (Wiiliam Blake)

Visit my review: Thirty Pens in Thirty Days

Holly - I have a red and a yellow Safari, and also a aluminium-capped Joy. I'll post pictures if you can wait before taking the plunge!

Lovely! I will definitely wait. May be a little bit before I can buy another pen, anyway, what with Xmas coming up - I suppose friends and family should take precedence over my pen wants! lol - I was thinking about a yellow Safari, too, seem to like that bumble bee look of black and yellow.

Here's a photo of my Monteverde Sonata to prove it: IMG_1094.JPG

:D

Holly

Well, the four black barrels have arrived and they look pretty smart indeed.

I've sent a PM to the four recipients. You know who you are. If by chance any of you haven't receiced a PM then let me know, please.

As for colour. I always figured a black barrel would look good with any safari due to the black details. The two ends and the plastic washer are always black.

I have a Vista and I have access to a couple other colour Safari's, so I'll borrow them and take a photo of them all for people to see. One is a rough black safari, another is luminous yellow.

Tim.

I haven't received your PM yet, Tim, but perhaps it is on its way. (With the forum changes that admin is starting to implement, maybe the PM system is in a bit of a delay mode??)

Can't wait to see your photos of the various Safari/Vista caps and nib sections with the new black mini barrel!

Holly

Edited by OakIris

Photos of the pocket safari.

The luminous yellow is a safari and the other two are al-stars for a look-see.

Photos of the four packaged up, also.

post-114755-0-36710000-1417784869_thumb.jpgpost-114755-0-66397800-1417784979_thumb.jpgpost-114755-0-45695800-1417785008_thumb.jpgpost-114755-0-05942300-1417785035_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the photos! Just curious, Tim. I have an Al-Star in Ocean Blue that I was thinking might look good with the black mini-barrel, but from the photos it looks as if neither of the Al-Star sections are screwed into the barrel completely. Do they not quite fit? (I thought the Al-Star and Safari sections were interchangeable, but I could be wrong.)

If you have time, would you please post a picture of the new barrel with your Vista cap/section as well?

It looks as if you are packaging our barrels very well indeed - Thank you! I wasn't really worried about that - after all, you are an FPN member and thus must know how to send pens in the mail, right?!? - but having just received a pen that was sent in just a padded envelope - it arrived save and sound, too, but I would say that was just luck! - I couldn't help but wonder....

Holly