Help Me Choose Noodler's Ink

Mishka5050

Oh guys I really need your help :lticaptd:

This is my third day trafficking goulet website :headsmack:

Friend of mine is coming to visit UK and she has agreed to bring me a bottle... :D

Please give me your advice...you know things I don't know :notworthy1:

I want Noodler's ink for 1.1stub nib and flex pen. Good shading ink.

The only one I own so far is Apache Sunset.

My daily inks are usually turquoise (Lamy, Sheaffer)

I like green inks, but I own way too many (Bad Green Gator?)

My first choice would be BSIAR (is it too similar to Diamine Tyrian Purple?)

Wouldn't mind girly pink (don't have one yet)

I'm not too big on blue inks, but I would consider 54th Mass

HELP :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mishka5050

• chas0039

• KBeezie

• scully012

Top Posters In This Topic

Army green is an interesting green that has great shading. 54th mass is a great performer, but not too exciting of a color. BSiAR just got reformulated, but is still a fantastic shader and is highly regarded. If you like turquoise, there are some really good shaders to choose from.

If you write primarily with turquoise how about Midway blue? My Noodler's ink of the week is Baystate Concord - I appear to be enamoured with the way it looks on Rhodia and have forgotten all about rotating colours.

Only 1 bottle? What a shame. I love Black Rose in Australia. It looks awesome on blue stationary and was designed to shade.

Black Swan in Australian Roses has had the formula changed. If your friend can get an old bottle it is a great ink. It is however very very similar to Diamine Tyrian Purple in a 1.1mm nib. Golden Brown and Kiowa Pecan are good shading inks, but I would suggest you look at the reviews on here and see if you can find a color you like. There are several nice turqoises, red/burgundys, browns etc. I would stay away from the Baystate colors unless you want severe staining to your pen, sink, or anything it touches. Good Luck.

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" Patrick Henry

The one Noodler's green I actually kind of like is Noodler's Texas Live Oak.

It flows and goes down wet (which can cause some feathering/bleed at the start and end points), but it dries almost immediately and it's waterproof.

On Rhodia: http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/3776/liveoak_rhodia.jpg

On Mead : http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/3776/liveoak_mead.jpg

right now the actual full bottles of Noodlers I have:

- Noodler's Black Eel (it's pretty much married to my Montblanc 225)

- Noodler's Texas Blue Steel (the current noodler's in my Platinum Century 3776 w/ Soft Fine)

- Noodler's Texas Pecan (Currently in my Lamy Safari with a Extra-Fine, but I sometimes swap out for a 1.9)

- Noodler's Texas Live Oak (Currently in a Sheaffer Touchdown Admiral Evergreen with Feathertouch Accounting Nib)

- Noodler's Liberty's Elysium (Currently in my Pilot Elite Mini 18K Soft Fine, bright blue, waterproof/bulletproof and dries in decent time)

- Noodler's Apache Sunset (currently in my full flex fountain pen fitted with a Zebra-G nib)

I do have a Goulet 1.5 Stub on a Nemosine Singularity, and the ink I been using in that since around March has been R&K Salix (blue-ish Iron Gall).

Thank you guys for listening and all your helpful inputs!

Army green is an interesting green.

+1

If you write primarily with turquoise how about Midway blue?

Interesting! I don't have many blues, maybe this is the way to go ;)

Only 1 bottle?

Masochistic....I know :( Abundance of Diamine ink in UK-does it matter? Not at all!

Black Swan in Australian Roses has had the formula changed. If your friend can get an old bottle it is a great ink. It is however very very similar to Diamine Tyrian Purple in a 1.1mm nib. Golden Brown and Kiowa Pecan are good shading inks, but I would suggest you look at the reviews on here and see if you can find a color you like. I would stay away from the Baystate colors unless you want severe staining to your pen, sink, or anything it touches.

-1 for Bsiar :(

I only have one brown ink, so this could be interesting :)

Thanks for baystate warning :thumbup:

The one Noodler's green I actually kind of like is Noodler's Texas Live Oak.

- Noodler's Black Eel (it's pretty much married to my Montblanc 225)

Gorgeous! Reminds me of paler Iroshizuku Syo-Ro.

Love your MB comment :) It's all about finding a perfect match - in my case matching the color of ink and pen;)

Edited by Mishka5050

Black Swan in Australian Roses has had the formula changed. If your friend can get an old bottle it is a great ink. It is however very very similar to Diamine Tyrian Purple in a 1.1mm nib. Golden Brown and Kiowa Pecan are good shading inks, but I would suggest you look at the reviews on here and see if you can find a color you like. There are several nice turqoises, red/burgundys, browns etc. I would stay away from the Baystate colors unless you want severe staining to your pen, sink, or anything it touches. Good Luck.

I am aware of the color change; I like the new version. As the change was months ago, it is kind of fruitless to look for something you can never get again.

Also, to be fair, many of us think BSB is the best blue we have ever seen. I have no issues with staining any more than many other red inks have done over the years. It cleans up with a little bleach. I always suggest that people try it before using it in an older pen.

I use it in many, many pens and find that there is no other blue that comes close.

Edited by chas0039