Montblanc Classique Clip Engraving

Mister Mont Blanc

Hi there everybody. I really hate to create a whole new topic just for this question but I am on an expedited quest to get a Montblanc pencil ASAP as school is starting in less than one week. I found a great deal on an old Bordeaux model but I noticed a faint engraving on the bottom of the clip that appears to say "frontier" maybe...? I thought I've seen this before so I'm wondering if it is a different brand's clip or some sort of personalized clip engraving someone had done...? The pencil is listed as "new in box."

Thank you so very much for any help!!

post-112221-0-95509200-1408485728.png

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mister Mont Blanc

• orfew

• Chrissy

• Art

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I used to give Mont Blanc pens and pencils as mementos we would have the person's initials engraved on the clip. Perhaps this was ordered that way and never picked up.

If it bothers you, you could call MB and ask them about changing the clip.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Having the clip engraved does not bother me if it is an authentic pencil. What bothers me is not knowing whether that is a post-purchase engraving or the sign of a counterfeit clip. I didn't think Montblanc did engravings anywhere on the clip and "frontier" sounds like a brand possibly.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Corporate clients would often have their logo engraved on the barrel for corporate gifts. One can still find vintage MBs with corporate logos, AEG is one example I have seen several times. I have not seen this on a clip before but it is possible.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

If it bothers you, you could call MB and ask them about changing the clip.

That or try to get people to start calling you by your new nickname: Frontier

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Having the clip engraved does not bother me if it is an authentic pencil. What bothers me is not knowing whether that is a post-purchase engraving or the sign of a counterfeit clip. I didn't think Montblanc did engravings anywhere on the clip and "frontier" sounds like a brand possibly.

Montblanc does engravings on clips on request. I bought my Tribute new, from a reputable online store, and requested my initials to be engraved. They sent it to Montblanc for that.

Edited by Vlad Soare

Well it looks like someone else got the steal on the pencil, assuming it was authentic. I just couldn't pull the trigger since I have a faint memory of seeing that same word "frontier" in that same exact font somewhere else. I also never heard back from the seller when I messaged them. Well at least I hope this helps others down the road and thank you all for your responses. I think I'll be getting the other pencil with the only engravings being "Germany" and a serial number :)