Joseph Gibert Stylo... Does Someone Has One Of Them?

Quintane

post-112180-0-08933000-1408409050_thumb.jpg

Joseph Gibert is not just a book and stationary store in Paris. Once it made fountain pens with its name. The following is an advertisement from a "cahier" purchased in Paris in 1936 by José Gaos, disciple of Ortega y Gasset, prolific translator of German philosophy into Spanish, a philosopher himself and renowned teacher of philosophy, exiled in Mexico in 1938. In 1936-1937 he was commissioned to Paris and other countries by the government of the Spanish Republic during the Civil War.

Does anyone has seen, or possess, one of these interesting Joseph Gibert stylos? Something to say about them? I would love to see a real one, and more of course to be able to write a line with it!!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Quintane

• Azuniga

• georges zaslavsky

• LuckyKate

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had no idea they made pens. I used to spend hours in the two Joseph Giberts on Saint Michel and loved their notebooks.

• 1 month later...

I have never seen Giber tJoseph pens i nreal life but if teh yexist they must be very very rare

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it seems they are very very rare. Nobody has shown one here! I would love to see one.

I started collecting pens in Paris in 1965 and I believe the pen is not necessarily made by Joseph Gibert.

The ring in the barrel is often used in French pens... Paillard, Bayard, Edacoto and Waterman, I remember a Stylo O Chap with the same gold ring in the barrel. It was also common that pen makers printed the name of a particular client to sell in their shop, specially a stationary... I guess that is why in the advertising the "Points" line, reads: ordinaires, J, Carrées, Obliques. J is a special nib for calligraphy. Carrées meaning no doubt Stub and ordinaires F, M, B... which you certainly know. The clip and the cap top (which reminds me of Mallat) has to be a key to find which manufacturer it was...

Sounds clever and likely. It would be great that someone could tell us the manufacturer, or show us a real sample of a "Joseph Gibert" pen. I know nothing about french pens, excepting Watermans...

If you look for "Bayard" in the search section, you will find an amazing amount of nice French pens that had been shown here...

I will keep my eye on the Joseph Gibert, I am almost certain Bayard or Mallat made it.