Sailor's Full Ink Lines Including Shop Exclusives Compiled In A Post?

Algester

In an exhausted daze, I missed my stopped and ended up in Ueno. A friend asked me to pick up the two new TAG inks when they come out next month, so I used the opportunity to stop in Angers stationery store in Ueno station and ask if they plan on carrying these. They do not.

However, in the main window they had displayed their own Store exclusive Sailor Inks. They said they were originally released in August but either sold out or delayed. Today being the first time they were on display or redisplayed.

Has anyone posted on these before?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Tinjapan

• white_lotus

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw this in Eslite Causeway Bay Hong Kong it maybe have something to do with Disneyland HK

Very interesting! I guess they're just the STORIA line relabelled, and I can see Sailor kept 'Magic Purple' and 'Night Blue' in the eight names.

... or maybe not.

storia_30ml-1.jpg

Source: Rakuten Global Market

fpn_1541116508__sailor_storia_graphic_sw

Source: Pen Chalet

versus

fpn_1541115899__sailor_disney_princess_i

Source: China Global Mall

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• 1 month later...

Vanness is up to #67 in the basic numbers and they also have some of the special edition inks such as Van Gogh Green, Cosmo Blue, DEN Premium Blue. So they'll probably get this one.

• 1 month later...

because I'm lazy to search the deep well again...

https://twitter.com/turakawa1031/status/1076379586336702465

heh... Nagasawa Harbor Sky Blue Pro-gear looks ok not sure about the ink

https://ishimarubun.shop-pro.jp/?mode=srh&cid=2219021%2C0&keyword=%C4%B9%BA%EA%C8%FE%B7%CA

Ishimaru from Nagasaki Prefecture... well...

Edited by Algester

• 1 month later...

The KN 20 ml "vegetable" inks and "world proverb" inks are listed as "limited edition" on the KN website, so they won't be around forever. There are also corresponding matching pens.

And another bottle shape in the Bungbox inks?

Actually, there has been a lot of new Sailor inks released here and there with littke or no fanfare, you just chance upon them when stopping in stationery stores. I recently found three at Angers, another 3 at Takashimaya, Nakabayashi and Taccia are both by Sailor and they have two distinct ink lines. (Taccia is now owed by Nakabayashi).

Tsutaya in Ginza 6 has a few new LE colors each time I stop by. Too many for anyone person to know about. They appear unadvertised at a small, out of the way store in very limited numbers. Once word gets out, if it does, some colors are already sold out.

Judging how this once super hit thread has cooled, it seems the fad is over.

One can use only so much wonderful Sailor ink, I suppose.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Judging how this once super hit thread has cooled, it seems the fad is over.

It's just impossible to keep up with all of them, but also... they do start to look very similar after a while. The last ones I got in bottles were Kobe 68-69 'cos they were pretty unique, but before that I was content to get 4 ml of things that Vanness was able to acquire.

Seems like Kobe has been releasing nothing but pale undersaturated colours for quite a while now...

Yes... Boring!

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Bungubox is changing their bottles, and reducing their list of inks to 18. 3500¥ for 30 ml.

The inks to stay are Omaezaki's Sea, Kaoru Ink, Lycoris Red, Norwegian Forest, Tsuyuhikari, Dandyism, Piano Mahogany, Clown Teardrop, June Bride, Hatsuyume Aofuji, Fujiyama Blue, Ink of Witch, L'Amant, Sakanamachi Horoyoi, Silent Night, Omaezaki's Sky, 4B Bungu Box Blue Black, First Love Sapphire.

Norwegian Forest is supposed to be a replica of Parker Penman Emerald.

First Love Sapphire is supposed to be a replica of Parker Penman Sapphire.

Tsuyuhikari used to be called 88 Green Tea I think.

Sakanamachi Horoyoi used to be called Tipsy Purple.

https://bung-box.com/user_data/original_bottle_ink.php

https://bung-box.com/products/list100.html

6100¥ shipping to North America for three bottles. So you can do the math. About $54 a bottle. Whether that will be the price at Vanness, Anderson, and any other US shops reselling them, my guess would be they'd be able to work out a lower price than that. Montblanc LE inks will be cheaper.