Hello From Phoenix Az

Wboyce

I am new to the network and new to fountain pens. I have inherited a large collection of beautiful fountain pens and am interested in selling a number of them. I am not interested in receiving retail for them and am only interested in passing them on to another collector or someone passionate about pens. I am also interested in them and find them very intriguing. Any advice, help, or words of wisdom are graciously accepted. I look forward to being a member and learning more about the pieces I have.

Thank you,

Winston

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wboyce

• RMN

• jrobert6

• dannyboy

Probably it would be helpful if you had photos of these pens and would post them here. I think you'll find a number of folks willing to help in identifying and suggesting their approximate worth. Good luck and welcome to FPN.

Hi and welcome to FPN

Inheriting a fountainpen from a family member is special, you have an heirloom, and write with a tool your family member also used.

Inheriting a large collection is something else. Were they used? Or merely collectors items, a catalogue number....?

Selling them is always difficult if you do not know about them. You could offer them to someone to do it for you, but you would have to pay commission. It depends on the price of these pens if it's worth it.

There is always Ebay. And you can use the classifieds here, once you have become a gold member. (30 days of membership AND 30 "relevant" posts (is NOT in Chatter..) There is a maximum to the number of pens you can offer.

If you have very large numbers of pens to offer, perhaps a premium membership may be of interest.

Dealing in the normal forums is not allowed.

Also FPN is not a cheap appraisal site, but we are glad to help you identify some interesting pieces.

Questions are best posted in the relevant subforums.

Enjoy the forum

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Greetings from northern California and a warm welcome to FPN. It's great to have you here with us.

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello and welcome, Winston. I'm glad you joined us. I would encourage you to learn about each of the fountain pens you have now before you consider selling any of them. Once you understand what it is you have, then do with it as you please. Please make yourself right at home and don't hesitate to share your questions and opinions. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

-David.

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

Thank you very much for the quick willingness to help. Most of the pens, almost all of them in fact have never been used, some never even opened. I am learning about them as I go and I am aware of those that were special to my Father and have set them aside to keep and / or hand down in the future. I have also identified several that I just plain like and have decided to keep, now the decision as to whether or not I should fill them and use them. I am thinking, absolutely yes. There are many of them and I have done my best to gather as much information on each one as possible. Here is a list, I apologize for the length, I hope this helps. There are a couple of additional pieces that are a little different, such as a Parker Duofold Norman Rockwell which is displayed in a leather brief case with Norman Rockwell prints. I appreciate all the wisdom and advice, I am very glad I joined, Thank you.

Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Dostoevsky Limited edition Mont Blanc Alexandre Dumas Limited Edition Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Charles Dickens Special Edition Box is un-opened. Mont Blanc F. Scott Fitzgerald Box is un-opened. Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Oscar Wilde Limited Edition Limited edition Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Voltaire limited edition No. 925 - Box is broken, does not close properly Mont Blanc Jules Verne - Writers Edition Limited No. 7232 of 18500 Mont Blanc Hommage Alexander the Great Limited Edition No. 2067 of 4810 - Still sealed in factory bag Mont Blanc Friedrich Schiller Limited Edition M Nib - Limited Edition Mont Blanc Meisterstuck (MST) Ramses 2 Fountain Pen Nib Size B - No. 446 Mont Blanc Agatha Christie - Limited Edition Limited Edition Mont Blanc Edgar A Poe Nib Size M - No. 5822 of 17000

Pelikan Sepcial Edition Expo 2000 Humankind Special Edition number # 1095, for the Expo 2000 Hannover Germany. 1998 were made. Pelikan 1931 Limited Edition Number 2129 / 5000 Pelikan Kuala Lumpur 1998 - Special Edition Number 281 / 888 Pelikan Limited Edition Jade 1935 Of their Times Limited Edition, #2061 of 4000

Parker Duofold Centennial Black Has Complimentary Monogram inside Parker Premier Stealth Special Edition Graphite black Parker Duofold Special Edition Orange Nib Size M - 18K Gold Nib Parker Duofold Mandarin - Limited Edition No 7395 of 10,000 Parker Duofold Mosaic Red 18K Gold nib - 750

Waterman Expert Black W/ Gold Trim There are two of these, valued at $100 Each. Waterman Edson Blue and gold Nothing Waterman Rhapsody Mineral Green Broad Nib

I apologize, the pen listing did not come out as I planned. If you would like any additional information on any of these, please do not hesitate to ask.

Wow, that's a pretty list from Montblanc and Pelikan. It would be worth it to spend some time properly marketing them, as together they represent a tidy sum.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Once you've made the sufficient number of posts, I'll look for the Pelikan Humankind LE on the Classifieds Board!

Welcome to FPN! :W2FPN:

I am glad that you joined us today!

Please feel free to ask us anything about fountain pens and inks.

Please enjoy the forum,

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

:W2FPN:

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !