K W Z I (Konrad's Inks): 1 - 47

Cyber6

K W Z I (Konrad's Inks): 1 - 47  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Select the colors you would be ready to buy if available. (multiple choices are allowed)

• K W Z I - #1 and/or #2
    • K W Z I - #3 and/or #4
    • K W Z I - #5 and/or #6
    • K W Z I - #7 and/or #8
    • K W Z I - #9 and/or #10
    • K W Z I - #11 and/or #12
    • K W Z I - #13 and/or #14
    • K W Z I - #15 and/or #16
    • K W Z I - #17 and/or #18
    • K W Z I - #19 and/or #20
    • K W Z I - #21 and/or #22
    • K W Z I - #23 and/or #24
    • K W Z I - #25 and/or #26
    • K W Z I - #27 and/or #28
    • K W Z I - #29 and/or #30
    • K W Z I - #31 and/or #32
    • K W Z I - #33 and/or #34
    • K W Z I - #35 and/or #36
    • K W Z I - #37 and/or #38
    • K W Z I - #39 and/or #40
    • K W Z I - #41 and/or #42
    • K W Z I - #43 and/or #44
    • K W Z I - #45 and/or #46
    • K W Z I - #47

The original KWZI 1-47 reviews are here..

Thanks to Konrad and Dale (dcroe05), without them this work would have never been possible. Konrad for creating these amazing inks, Dale for his generosity in sharing his samples with me. :wub:

The Iron Galls are marked with a big "IG" under its respective swab. I have a few favorites... (like 30... :lol:) .. but I will let you pick your favorites.

I hope you enjoy drooling over these amazing inks.. as much as I enjoyed reviewing them.

fpn_1408166408__kwzi_1-4.jpg

fpn_1408166437__kwzi_5-8.jpg

fpn_1408166465__kwzi_9-12.jpg

fpn_1408166508__kwzi_13-16.jpg

fpn_1408166541__kwzi_17-20.jpg

fpn_1408166579__kwzi_21-24.jpg

fpn_1408166616__kwzi_25-27.jpg

fpn_1408166655__kwzi_28-31.jpg

fpn_1408166688__kwzi_32-35.jpg

fpn_1408166726__kwzi_36-39.jpg

fpn_1408166785__kwzi_40-43.jpg

fpn_1408166836__kwzi_44-47.jpg

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Cyber6

• kwzi

• napalm

Wow, I love these colors! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Now, how do the rest of us get to try these inks?

Thank you very much. Stunning. I just love such overviews, may I say surveys?

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I like to look at them, certainly. But, enjoy wanting them as much as you did using them? No way!

Although I'm guessing you will get your own version of blue bells once the samples run out... until replenished, of course.

They are very interesting, and there are a number of them I would like to try... although it's difficult to decide on one favorite solely on the basis of reviews. Especially since different reviewers bring out different aspects of the inks, it seems to me. I hope the next stage of this project - making the inks available to the rest of us - will be here soon...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

This is a Review Extrodinarre!!!

Would that all ink makers provided the same. It puts the bare minimum - COLOR - right there for the user to consider. All the other considerations can be presented with more detail by other reviewers who get their hands on more than a drop or two of the ink. Since I also have some samples (also a drop or two in a micro vial), I love how you took what you had at hand and put it to great use!!

Thank you!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Wow, I love these colors! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Now, how do the rest of us get to try these inks?

Yes how do we part with our hard earned money?

And Sinistral1, you're right, I wished more ink manufacturers would do something similar.

You guys..... http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-redface-lovesyou-022.gif

As Nyleen puts it so nicely... there was not enough ink to do a full review.. I believe this is a good first step to choose a subset of the most enticing colors, and then a full review of the subset can be executed before finally choosing the ones for mass productions.

A full review is really needed since I found some of the inks extremely dry (you can see some of them not being able to keep up with my flex pen). Interesting enough, the Iron Galls are Konrad's winning line up.... they were wet flowing, with amazing saturation.. and they oxidize in front of your eyes... AWESOME effect.. :wub:

A few of them stained like a b*tch... and I have it in good authority that Konrad is reformulating those ones.

They will be more "overviews" to come.... So exciting... http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/bliss-smiley.gif

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

For the survey lapis . . .

22 23 24 29 43 and perhaps 8 in a "Blue Cashmere" kind of way.

No blacks KWZI / Konrad ??

oh and

http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/bliss-smiley.gif

because I like it. Thanks Cyber6

Tas.. I just added a Poll option (first post)... Do you mind going back and select your preferred colors ?.. It only allows for 25 choices, so don't worry if you are selecting more colors than in your original list.... this will give us a very good idea where people are leaning.

Black?... I am not crazy about black, and Konrad do provide for very good black alternative (Dark Brown #43 is very dark)... but you are right. I am sure he will be reading this post, excited to hear what he will say... :lol:

.... and Tas... You are welcome.. http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/hi-there-smiley.gif

**** BauerInks.ca ****

STUNNING!

Great Job!!!

Here's the color sheet from DCRoe05

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Ink_Companies/KWZI-Konrad_Ink/slides/00-KWZI-Spectrum.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Konrad the maker of KWZI inks is a graduate student. He keeps getting interrupted from the important business of ink making by these pesky things called... research...dissertations...(insert graduate school work here)... and we are not his highest priority (can you believe that?). We are, however, a high priority.

He has been reformulating some of the worst stainers and will be back with the new inks soon...we hope. In the meanwhile, we will keep doing reviews.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

That is awesome! Had to have taken a chunk of time, which is, of course, indicative of thorough inkoholic! :-D Some gorgeous colors in there!

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

Your 42 is Blue...I thought that was Rotten Green...

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

Your 42 is Blue...I thought that was Rotten Green...

Hmm.. it should be Rotten Green, but some scanners sometime does not see the yellow part of that ink.

Despite that color is very accurate.

I had modified formula of inks from 1-21 so they no longer have tendency to staining, but currently only 12 of those are available - reformulating cost time, and I'm always short on it :(

Missing 9 colors are going to be added again in later time, maybe with addition to some ultrahigh saturated inks of that family ;)

I have a lot of tape - and I won't hesitate to use it!

BTW - I hope to see a comparison between Rotten Green and MB Racing Green.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_974.jpg

Rotten Green is way more saturated and darker than Racing Green.

I got sample of few inks that are currently no longer available on the market from visvamitra, one of them is Racing Green, truly saying it's quite easy for me to copy color of this ink, I made only a single try today, and my version is only slightly more green and less grey than original Racing Green, pretty the same aplies to Jonathan Swift ink.

Now there is ethical question - do I want to copy someone's else idea of color? So far I was creating inks while not looking on "competition", and I'm not quite sure I want to change that.

I have a lot of tape - and I won't hesitate to use it!

Don't copy inks currently in production .... so feel free to copy Penman Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald.

BUT ...

Your line up is extensive. I'd say work with your current line up because you have some great inks in there.

So, far the IGs 25 and 27 are my votes for FPN exclusives.

Konrad... if you look at the poll numbers, you can clearly see that the most voted ones are all your Iron Galls...

You definitively hit it out of the park with them. Stick to your Iron Galls. Once you become a household name ... you can expand your line up to infinity. :wub:

**** BauerInks.ca ****