Let's Create A Sacramento Area Pen Posse!

Tessy Moon

There is currently no group for those of us in the Sacramento area who love fountain pens, so let's create our own group!

I think first we need to figure how many folks are in the area that would be interested in meeting.

Then we can select a date, time and location to meet.

I don't mind helping organize some of the details; but I would just love to hear feedback from those of you who live in the area and would be interested in getting together.

If anyone is interested in being involved in a FPN group here in Sacramento please let us hear your thoughts!

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tessy Moon

• FarmBoy

• ethernautrix

• travberg

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of PPPC members live in the greater Sacramento area. The Pan Pacific Pen Club meets 4 times a year in a place that is equally inconvenient for all members. The meetings are like mini pen shows. You could also car pool to a Pen Gathering in Millbrae since several regular participants are from the area.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

A lot of PPPC members live in the greater Sacramento area. The Pan Pacific Pen Club meets 4 times a year in a place that is equally inconvenient for all members. The meetings are like mini pen shows. You could also car pool to a Pen Gathering in Millbrae since several regular participants are from the area.

Thank you for the info!

Is there a place that lists the dates and locations for the meetings?

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

Thank you for the info!

Is there a place that lists the dates and locations for the meetings?

I find that most of the events are announced on the internet, usually on the pen related forums like FPN and FP Geeks.

There is a PPPC email list as well. If you email me I can ask the guys that run the club to put you on the list.

The PPPC sets meeting dates roughly once a quarter with an eye to avoid national shows and events. The Posse is more of a flash mob thing, sometimes meeting with little or no notice. They use a book of faces to communicate.

AC12 announced there would be a meeting this Sunday the 17th of August 2014.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Hi!

I live in West Sac. Let me know when and where there is a Sac posse.

If you can make it to SF, the pen show is Aug 22-24!

I find that most of the events are announced on the internet, usually on the pen related forums like FPN and FP Geeks.

There is a PPPC email list as well. If you email me I can ask the guys that run the club to put you on the list.

The PPPC sets meeting dates roughly once a quarter with an eye to avoid national shows and events. The Posse is more of a flash mob thing, sometimes meeting with little or no notice. They use a book of faces to communicate.

AC12 announced there would be a meeting this Sunday the 17th of August 2014.

I would like to be on the email list, thank you! I tried to pm you but for some reason it wouldn't let me send it.

What is the fb group name?

Nuts! I am visiting family this weekend through next weekend. I guess the timing really didn't work out.

Tessy Moon

Hi!

I live in West Sac. Let me know when and where there is a Sac posse.

If you can make it to SF, the pen show is Aug 22-24!

If there are people interested, I still think it would be fun to have a little gathering locally in Sacramento. I know for me traveling is VERY difficult as I have two children and taking a day trip by myself is not a viable option for me.

Even if there are just two or three of us we could still get together I think. :)

Unfortunately I can't make it to the SF pen show. I will be going south to visit family.

Edited by Tessy Moon

Tessy Moon

The beauty part of Pen Posse is that anyone can call one.

Name a place, date, and time - and show up.

Make sure to pick a place where you wouldn't mind spending an hour or so alone, with your pens, that way if no one shows up, you will still enjoy an hour.

Report back about your experience. Eventually, to paraphrase A Field of Dreams, if you call a Pen Posse, they will come.

There are a few lovely folks up your way, who even make the trek to San Francisco or (more typically) Millbrae. I'm thinking they would show up.

Try it!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

If there are people interested, I still think it would be fun to have a little gathering locally in Sacramento. I know for me traveling is VERY difficult as I have two children and taking a day trip by myself is not a viable option for me.

Even if there are just two or three of us we could still get together I think. :)

Unfortunately I can't make it to the SF pen show. I will be going south to visit family.

How old are the kids? FarmKid usually participates so you can bring them along, he will show them how to play Angry Birds or fix a pen.

My daughter is almost 8 and my son is 5 1/2. My daughter would most likely be okay to come with me; she could read a book or color quietly. But my son does not like to sit still or be quiet, he is very active. :)

Tessy Moon