Show Off Your Esterbrooks!

Inga

NobleDel

"The copper does not have a clear section. According to Anderson's Esterbrook dot net site this pen is correct. (Not all Visumasters had clear sections). You can't see the cap very well in the photo, but it has a three ribbed jewel. I'm not sure if the nib is correct for this pen though."

The copper visumaster in the first photo has amazing color...a beautiful pen. Great find and BTW great gift. Lucky girlfriend!

Thanks mmg122, but I'm the lucky one.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gweimer1

• OcalaFlGuy

• amberleadavis

• NobleDel

Well, I decided to take a family photo, including the adopted one (Esterbrook section and feed). I should probably get an actual J or LJ in there for keeps.

fpn_1427048226__p3221875.jpg

I don't really notice much, other that the looks. The full size Dollar pen might be just a tad larger, as they took a #18 sac, slightly larger than the #16 used in nearly all other Esterbrook pens.

They're all just tubes of plastic, with a rubber sac of ink inside, holding a pointed thing with a hole at the end. For me, it's more in the nib, the feel, and the written result.

R Esterbrook Relief No 1 Fountain Pen.

My first Esterbrook pen ... It looks to be a Oblique nib but since I don't have it yet I cannot be sure.

Also may need to have a new Sac fitted.

Looking forward to trying this one ;)

My Instagram page.

Saw one on eBay very recently - the Relief No.1 - thought it was interesting. Was on one of my interminable trawls to try and find an Esterbrook fountain pen that would actually get here, be fun to use, and which would find it's way into my regular pen pouch.

Hi CT,

This may have been the one you were looking at :)

There is another for sale and ending very soon if you are still interested.

My Esty Relief has now arrived and is going through introductions to other members of the pen family!

A very nice pen it is too; it is as smooth as you could wish for although to be honest I do prefer a little 'tooth' as it stops the nib from running away with me! As a bonus, it has a Oblique nib which suits my inclination to rotate nibs counter-clockwise.

Very pleased to have found a pen like this; considering the age it is in brilliant condition - not a mark on it.

My Instagram page.

Beautiful chased hard rubber.

Remember to keep it away from even Warm water.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Beautiful chased hard rubber.

Remember to keep it away from even Warm water.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

This one is a non-swimmer!

My Instagram page.

Hi CT,

As a bonus, it has a Oblique nib which suits my inclination to rotate nibs counter-clockwise.

Very pleased to have found a pen like this; considering the age it is in brilliant condition - not a mark on it.

The term relief refers to an Oblique nib, so all of the English Relief models have oblique nibs (if they retain the original)

Hi CT,

As a bonus, it has a Oblique nib which suits my inclination to rotate nibs counter-clockwise.

The term relief refers to an Oblique nib, so all of the English Relief models have oblique nibs (if they retain the original)

Well you learn something every day! I have only just started to venture into the world of Esterbrook pens so I'm completely unfamiliar with them. I guess I have some reading to do!

Thanks for the information.

My Instagram page.

I am getting the uncomfortable feeling that I have deleted a message from someone that may have been in response to my search for 9314-M nib on an Esterbrook (J or transition or dollar, I don't recall which). I cannot remember who it was or if it was simply an inquiry or an offer of some sort. If anyone is reading this thread who can throw some light on this please do. I am still without a working Esterbrook - which is a little upsetting considering the ordeals I have had trying to secure one (see Shipping Saga thread for latest debacle).

Anxiously awaiting this one for R&R .... most interesting patterning I've seen in a while and fitted with a 9128 :)

fpn_1427646052__esterbrook_snake802.jpg

Anxiously awaiting this one for R&R .... most interesting patterning I've seen in a while and fitted with a 9128 :)

fpn_1427646052__esterbrook_snake802.jpg

WOW!