Diamine Meadow, Apple Glory And Kelly Green Reviews And Comparison

Tessy Moon

So here are three quick reviews and a little comparison of three green Diamine inks.

Diamine Meadow

Diamine Apple Glory

Diamine Kelly Green

First up Diamine Meadow

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/75/5a/c1/755ac13c392f4cf4f56b70a7f14322da.jpg

Next is Diamine Apple Glory

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/1b/97/31/1b97313634443a587ae09ff598a27c0d.jpg

And last but not least is Diamine Kelly Green

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/60/09/a9/6009a9035e927690cee06b612335d03b.jpg

Here is a comparison of all the inks using a Goulet 1.5 nib.

(The last one is De Atramentis Jane Austen, which is a sedated, dark, calm green. It has a definite grayish tint when compared to the Daimine greens here.)

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/2d/eb/5d/2deb5d0622f5bc0098b74c53890f87f9.jpg

For more pictures please visit here:

http://tessymoon.wix.com/tessymoon#!fountain-pen-love/cp8t

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tessy Moon

• Dan Solomon

• playtime

• Art

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice reviews. Thanks for sharing!

My pleasure Dan! :)

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

Nice reviews and nice inks. I like green ink. So a few of these will probably find their way into my cabinet.

wow-that kelly green is gorgeous! yet another ink to buy.....

thanks for sharing;)

J

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

Thank you Tessy Moon! I enjoyed your writing and descriptions as well as the colors. They're all lovely ~ I am leaning toward Meadow for a wish list candidate.

Thank you all for your kind comments! I really appreciate each one!!! :)

I like all three inks. I think they are different enough to each warrant a small bottle.

It is kind of funny because I never thought I'd be a big fan of the color green. You never know what ink you might fall in love with! It can come as a surprise!

I am definitely going to get a small bottle of Meadow and Apple Glory. Kelly Green will be on my wish list for later down the road.

Tessy Moon

Oh and I prefer Meadow with the flex nib over the broad 1.5 nib. I think the flex really shows off the shading so well!

Apple Glory I love in both flex nib and broad nib - which is nice to have the choice!

Tessy Moon

Very interesting, thank you for the review...I think I prefer the Meadow for my writing purposes...I have been looking for a green and this may be one of them.

Very nice reviews Tessy Moon. Thank you.

I already use Meadow and Apple, and I think I shall now add Kelly to my selection of greens.

I find that Meadow, paired up with Poppy Red. is great at Christmas.

I love the comparisons. Thank you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

nice to have this comparison. I always thought meadow to be fresher, brighter, lighter. In this review it looks more promising for my purpose..

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

nice to have this comparison. I always thought meadow to be fresher, brighter, lighter. In this review it looks more promising for my purpose..

It really depends on the pen, nib and writing style, I think.

I typically write with a heavier hand (gripping the pen tightly and writing with more force) so the ink comes out darker.

This morning I was writing and focused on writing with as light a touch as possible and it came out much finer and lighter. (I was using an Ahab with the flex nib.)

I will try to upload a photo of my notes to show the difference.

I will say that compared to Apple Glory, Meadow is not bright or light. I think meadow is in the middle - it has a nice grassy shade, but it also has a good dark component that sort of strengthens the ink. Hopefully that makes sense.

I would not call Meadow a bright green at all. A fresh green maybe. But definitely Meadow is the perfect name that describes it just right.

I asked my husband who is not yet into fountain pens (I am trying to convert him) what he thought of the color. He did say that Meadow looks exactly right for it's name. A thought from someone impartial ;)

Edited to add:

This is my 100th post! Yay!!! :bunny01:

Edited by Tessy Moon

Tessy Moon

This is the best I could do! It is really hard to get an accurate picture of the real shading. (I just really need to get a scanner!)

This demonstrates how the color varies between light and dark. In some parts the ink is even lighter in real life.

Diamine Meadow ink written with Noodler's Ahab flex pen on a blank Rhodia pad.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/a2/3a/58/a23a58fe5fbdeb0536c9d5f0645f64bd.jpg

Tessy Moon