Diamine Autumn Oak

cybaea

Disclosure: I received a 30ml bottle of this ink free from Cult Pens with no obligations. Thanks guys!

Holy mother of shade! :yikes: This is a spectacular ink from Diamine released 1 August 2014. Awesome shading and a great colour makes this ink an absolute winner for me.

Will I buy it when my sample runs out? You bet! In a gallon bottle, if they sell it.

USAGE

DAILY WRITER: Probably not (??)

BUSINESS USE: For marginal notes and minor edits, perhaps

ILLUSTRATIONS: Lovely colour if you can control the shading

NOTES: Oh yes!

LETTERS: For short letters, absolutely. May overwhelm beyond a couple of pages.

LOVE LETTERS: A candidate

PERFORMANCE

FEATHERING: 4/4 - not even with the 2.4mm nib on cartridge stock :thumbup:

BLEEDTHROUGH: 3.5/4 - only with the very wettest writers :thumbup:

SHADING: 5/4 :lticaptd:

SHEEN: 0/4 - looks like contender but none seen

FLOW: medium - dry

WATERPROOF: 0/4 - not at all

DRYING TIME: 3/4

FADE RESISTANCE: (not tested, not likely)

[Note: my scanner always struggle with heavy shading - hope you get the idea from the images below.]

Review on new ("brushed") Rhodia

fpn_1406871669__2014-07-31-diamine-autum

(For the writing samples I accidentally put a fine nib on the pen that should have had the medium - apologies!)

[The text is from the second letter of St Paul to the Corinthians, 2 Cor 11:7-29, which was the Office of Readings yesterday when I wrote it.]

Writing on Rhodia dot pad:

fpn_1406872207__2014-07-31-diamine-autum

On Rhodia R

fpn_1406872263__2014-07-31-diamine-autum

On our corporate printer's stock cartridge paper

fpn_1406872354__2014-07-31-diamine-autum

I love this ink! :wub:

Edited by cybaea

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mallymal1

• cybaea

• Hetty

• amberleadavis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Cybaea,

Ver nice review.... I like the contents of the text you have witten.... You should be an author/writer...

The ink looks stunning. I MUST get some Diamine inks next Time I a in Holland. My place of birth (and where my family and friends live) is only a 15 minute drive away from Tilburg and La Couronne du Comte.

I have seen some very nice Diamine inks, lately. Teal, Ancient Copper, Oxblood....

Well I guess I will bring my Gallon er... Hectolitre together with buying several Diamines...

Question how is this ink in comparison to ancient Copper, I believe that ink is Orange brown too?

Thanks again for yet another splendid review

Peter

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

The shading is very nice. Another ink for me to try.

Thanks for the review..great job!!

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.". Matthew 4:19

I'm curious to see a side-by-side with Noodlers Apache Sunset. It seems to my eye that this could be a contender in the same colour family and shading range. Gorgeous review.

The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

I'm curious to see a side-by-side with Noodlers Apache Sunset. It seems to my eye that this could be a contender in the same colour family and shading range. Gorgeous review.

Unfortunately, I do not have Apache Sunset. Getting Noodler's inks in the UK is tricky, though I understand a new batch is on its way.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Great review cybaea.

Received mine from Diamine yesterday, and have been using it this morning. Very nice!

Some comparisons on Rhodia dotpad:

fpn_1406883514__2014-07-31-diamine-autum

Some comparisons on Rhodia dotpad:

fpn_1406883514__2014-07-31-diamine-autum

Thanks Cybaea

Very cool :)

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

Great review cybaea.

Received mine from Diamine yesterday, and have been using it this morning. Very nice!

Can't wait for mine to arrive! Hoping it will come tomorrow. Looks a lovely shade from Cybaea's review.

Can't wait for mine to arrive! Hoping it will come tomorrow. Looks a lovely shade from Cybaea's review.

Hope it's with you on the morrow, Hetty. As its name suggests, it's definitely one for the Autumn palette.

Well, Autumn Oak has arrived. I only bought the 30ml bottle, but I already have plans to buy the full size one. It's an amazing colour: I don't quite know how to describe it. There are shades of brown, orange, red, but those colour names convey nothing of the subtleties and nuances evident in this ink. It's perfect for me, as I'm September born. I love it. Theank you so much Mallymal for alerting me to this ink.

Well, Autumn Oak has arrived. I only bought the 30ml bottle, but I already have plans to buy the full size one. It's an amazing colour: I don't quite know how to describe it. There are shades of brown, orange, red, but those colour names convey nothing of the subtleties and nuances evident in this ink. It's perfect for me, as I'm September born. I love it. Theank you so much Mallymal for alerting me to this ink.

Glad you like it, Hetty. I got the 30mm too, and will certainly be getting a full size bottle. The shading is wonderful isn't it. :thumbup:

Glad you like it, Hetty. I got the 30mm too, and will certainly be getting a full size bottle. The shading is wonderful isn't it. :thumbup:

It certainly is!

Now THAT is one beautiful ink! thank you for your review:)

J

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

14808433232_de9d654b78_o.jpg

Wowza! It looks "orangier" than Apache Sunset!

It's so hard to get Noodler's in Uk...small bottle of Diamine goes for £3, lol

I will defo put one in the basket next time I'm ordering from cultpens :)

Thanks for the review!