New Pelikan M101N Tortoiseshell Red

Iguana Sell

Hello Everyone!

The Fountain Pen will be a available in September.

The Official Price would be 475€, though please contact us for a personalized offer to info@iguanasell.com

Have a great day!

Visit our website:

And many more at iguanasell.com

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stephenchin

• zubipen

• Iguana Sell

• sargetalon

This is irresistible! Especially if the nib writes as nicely as the one on the Lizard ..... Thank you Pelikan and Iguanasell ....

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Well, as everyone has said, it is beautiful. My question arises from my ignorance of Pelikan history regarding names vis-a-vis size.

I only have modern Pelikans, 200 (both highlighters), 600, 800 & 1000, and everyone here knows how the sizes run.

So, how does the 101 compare? I like the 800 best for long sessions, although I can live with the 600 for much daily research note writing.

Thanks for any info!

I must have one of these. It's absolutely stunning! Will have to start saving $$$ now.

I knew you'd chime in! ;) I actually scrolled down the thread to see if you'd seen the thread and posted.

It is really beautiful!

Well, as everyone has said, it is beautiful. My question arises from my ignorance of Pelikan history regarding names vis-a-vis size.

I only have modern Pelikans, 200 (both highlighters), 600, 800 & 1000, and everyone here knows how the sizes run.

So, how does the 101 compare? I like the 800 best for long sessions, although I can live with the 600 for much daily research note writing.

Thanks for any info!

It's more like an M400/200 ..... Smallish but perfectly formed.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Yes it is smaller, a little wider I think than the 400, but I have little hands. I used it capped and now is my favorite. I ha

Write, write, write. Use your pens not your fingers !!!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Here is a quick comparison between the M101N Lizard, M200 Citroenpers, M400 White Torty, M600, and M800 Brown Tortoise. I post everything but the M101N's don't post well in my opinion, just as an FYI.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/jdanley/Untitled-3_zps26cdaca6.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/jdanley/Untitled-2_zps3d2ee6f6.jpg

I knew you'd chime in! ;) I actually scrolled down the thread to see if you'd seen the thread and posted.

It is really beautiful!

You knew I couldn't resist...

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Here is a quick comparison between the M101N Lizard, M200 Citroenpers, M400 White Torty, M600, and M800 Brown Tortoise. I post everything but the M101N's don't post well in my opinion, just as an FYI.

That's a deal breaker for me... :( do the original 100s and 101s post well?

I have both the lizard and the tortoiseshell and it is trueh that they don't secure as well as the 400 but I use them ever posted without any problems. And they look gorgeous posted.

Write, write, write. Use your pens not your fingers !!!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Can any of us?

I can resist. It looks like an old bowling shoe.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

My M101N Lizard and my 101 Green Marbled post exactly the same. It's not that these don't post. They are well balanced when posted. It's just that the cap doesn't post very far and I don't want to jam it on. It won't go past the beginning of the turning knob and has fallen off on me once or twice if I'm not careful. Certainly a different feel than the modern Pelikans.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Thanks for the several responses on size. It will remain an object of admiration for its appearance, but it will not be added to my collection for writing. I'll be looking for special editions in the 600 and 800 size ranges, but I'll be buying other pens for real world use.

Pretty, for sure. But If the size comparison above is correct, this is a pretty small pen for the $$$

What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Man, that is pretty. I saw some vintage Tortoises at DC Supershow over the weekend that had the reddish cap and end, but they were way beyond my budget, and were more of a brownish red.

This is really pretty but at the listed price is completely unaffordable. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

When the original came out (tortoise cap and body), I begged for red/burgundy and cap...
I'm going to have to eat my words...

Time to save some scratch...

Fountain Pen Hospital is taking orders, for September delivery, at $520 per pen.

Stay well,

Solomon

WTB: Unusual and prototype Sheaffer Connaisseurs, Grande Connaisseurs and Parker Premiers.

Two questions:

a) When will it be available (beyond the generic later in the year)?

B) Wouldn't be wonderful if they took those colors to be better-sized M800?