Waterman Reg Us Pat Off #4 Nib-Rare?

BOOGIT

I am looking at a pen with the above noted nib. It is a waterman 94

I have not seen this nib before and I have looked at thousands of a waterman pens(I am a picker so I am always searching the internet for pens especially Watermans). There is no reference to this nib on the many nib sites I use for information about nibs

Anyone seen one or got one ? I assume it is rare because I have not come across one but I want to be sure before I buy the pen

All info APPRECIATED

KEITH

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BOOGIT

• robmorrison

• Procyon

• Xof72000

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, ver bad light here to make good pictures ... : all my Waterman 94 Ripple have a "Waterman Ideal Reg US Pat Off 4" nib.

Is that what you are looking for ?

Not so scarce I would say.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i404/Xof72000/SAM_2837_zpsf8507a5f.jpg

Now I see why they have eluded me. RIPPLES are not pens that I ever look at as it is very difficult to buy them cheaply

I still do not know why the nib sites do not list this nib nor why I could not find one for sale

Thanks for the help

Keith

Most 94's have this nib - if my pens are any indication. I have 20 94's - only 6 are hard rubber ripples. Two are overlays, and the other 12 are the later plastic pens. All of these pens have the nib you are talking about - except for 3 grey pearl plastic ones that have a keyhole color coded nib.

A number 4 nib is quite a bit harder to find than a #2, but that shouldn't be surprising. They are not rare, but many nibs are hard to find these days. If you think that one is hard, try finding an IDEAL New York 4 nib.

Edited by Procyon

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx

I have the ideal New York nib -GO FIGURE!

Any thoughts on why the nib is not listed for sale on the major nib sites.

Keith

It's a common nib, supplied with the Waterman 14, 54, 44, 94, others. The earlier ones had the 'Waterman Ideal New York' imprint, and the later ones said 'Waterman Ideal Reg US Pat Off.'

What are these nib sites you're looking at? I don't know if they can be a guide to what's rare, just to whatever they have available. If they're not selling #4 nibs, it's probably because all their #4 nibs are in pens.

Rob Morrison

www.vintagewriting.com