(I C U) Ink Review - Susemai - Red Cashmere

amberleadavis

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1085.jpg

LOL

Obviously you need to be giving these folks ink sheen limitation of liability forms.

Red Cashmere at 8%

I love all of the Cashmere colors. I want the whole line.

http://i.imgur.com/UQhGVW5.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/MuaUCSP.jpg

Sheen, shading and Dragons with cashmere sweaters? I'm glad I wasn't the only one hallucinating :)

Best ink thread!

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Cyber6

• TheRealScubaSteve

• Tas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL

Red Dragons wearing Red Cashmere sweaters and waiving magic cashmere wands above boiling cauldrons of Blue Cashmere while the Black Cat watches on.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 3 weeks later...

Steve posted this...

IMG_20141119_205630.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Are they both RC?

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_933c.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_933cw.jpg

Yes, it's the exact same writing sample. Just taken at a different angle to show off sheen or not.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_956.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-PkDq5TP/0/XL/Penmanship%203-XL.jpg

Clearly not me. :)

Mookli

I finally found a dilution of RC that I :wub: (I knew it would happen eventually since I love reds). I haven't calculated the percentage yet but I mixed 2 ml of my 13.3% mix (one sachet in 30 ml of water) with 3 ml of distilled water. It turned out a gorgeous oxygenated blood red and it dries the same color. No sheen but it shades nicely, flows well (in a B, haven't tried it in a narrower nib yet) and the dry time is reasonable. I inked up a Sheaffer Holly pen (Triumph Imperial) and Christmas cards, here I come! I'll get some scans up and do the math (unless someone volunteers to drive the calculator first). Woo hoo!!

Now I'm inspired to start adding some glycerin to Blue C.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

This is becoming a favorite of mine - just like the green. I have it in a Konrad with a B nib right now. Mixed up the sachet to fill a 50 ml Levenger bottle. (8%) Lovely sheen, especially with the B nib. Haven't noticed as much with narrower nibs. (medium is narrowest I have tried)- ok it was a Metropolitan Medium.....

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

MANY THANKS to Amberlea Davis, for sending me a packet of the precious powder. ;)

Sadly, I would never have made a good scientist or mathematician, because I have no idea what percentage of ink or water I have. All I can say is I had an empty Noodler's bottle (3 oz., right?) and started with a half bottle of water (1.5 oz.) and a packet of Red Cashmere (4 g). The ink was certainly too thick at that point, so I added water to about the ¾ level in the bottle, and I think it's pretty darn beautiful!

fpn_1417890401__2014-12-06_131146.jpg

fpn_1417890307__2014-12-06_131006.jpg

fpn_1417890365__2014-12-06_131126.jpg

fpn_1417890380__2014-12-06_131137.jpg

Edited by HalloweenHJB

So 1.5 US fl oz is roughly 44 ml. 4g/44ml = 9% concentration with a half a bottle.

I just re-read your destructions :P - I'm guessing you had 2.25 oz *3/4 a bottle. So 66 ml of liquid. 4g/66 ml or roughly 6 % and that looks about right.

It is BEAUTIFUL with that PEN!

So 1.5 US fl oz is roughly 44 ml. 4g/44ml = 9% concentration with a half a bottle.

I just re-read your destructions :P - I'm guessing you had 2.25 oz *3/4 a bottle. So 66 ml of liquid. 4g/66 ml or roughly 6 % and that looks about right.

Mathematician as well as jurist --dangerous combination!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I was very excited to receive a sachet of Red Cashmere a little over a week ago and have not been able to put it down :bunny01: (Thank you Amberlea!!) I'm staying with my family for the holidays and my sister was FLIPPING out over the ink. (As a good brother I agreed to give her part of the mix of course :P) It's hands down my favorite red. I mixed it with 25ml of water, but was nervous about diluting it further because I loved the color and as Amberlea noted you can't remove the water once it's been added, so I thought it was safer to stick to 25ml. Here are a couple photos on Rhodia in a Pilot Custom 74 B Nib ground down to a smooth stub.

PS The ink is wet, has wonderful glide and a beautiful sheen. It is slow to dry at this concentration but I don't mind; I like watching inks dry haha

Edit: I should add that even at this concentration I did not have any clogging or start up issues or staining of the converter.

(under apt lighting)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/photo2_zpsaf2a2a14.jpg

(under a spot to show off sheen)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/photo1-2_zpsa83b13da.jpg

(under sunlight with a couple other reds from my ink journal)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/photo1_zps024c85b0.jpg

And I just couldn't resist - a glamor shot of the bottle that I took before I left my apt! (I think the combo of the bottle and the ink looks very vampire :) )

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/photo3-1_zpsffde02a1.jpg

Edited by bstnnyc

Damn... those bottles are really nice... Too bad I don't care much about the original ink inside. :P

Now.. with Red Cashmere... that bottle is really getting what it deserves... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

The sheen is amazing... isn't it?? :puddle: :puddle:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,