Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Parker 45 Extra Fine Italic Nib

EJKorvette

I have searched high and low for one of these (the housing is not marked with an identifying code letter), and I'm beginning to think they may be unobtanium. Does anyone have an idea where I may be able to find one?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OcalaFlGuy

• watch_art

• Hooker56

• EJKorvette

Top Posters In This Topic

custom grind. I have a medium or maybe fine that I ground into a pretty sharp italic a while back. I could let it go pretty easily - I prefer round nibs myself.

I have searched high and low for one of these (the housing is not marked with an identifying code letter), and I'm beginning to think they may be unobtanium. Does anyone have an idea where I may be able to find one?

I know that Parker made medium CI's because I have written with one. t was explained to me that they are in fac around, but weren't very popular when manufactured, thus not many around.

Edited by Hooker56

"Not a Hooker Hooker, but rather a left-handed overwriter."

custom grind. I have a medium or maybe fine that I ground into a pretty sharp italic a while back.

Bingeux! Roll your own. It'll be cheaper unless you Sumgai the factory nib and you'll get one in your furry paw Much faster.

DSC00432.JPG

I have 3 or 4 Mike did from factory Gold Medium nibs. I'm sure he could still do a nice one from a Fine nib. People who say you can't get good line variation from a Fine itaic are just wrngh. It just takes one of the top shelf grinders who really knows their stuff. I have an Estiebrook Fine italic that Pendleton did that's pretty decent but it's a bit crisp. It was also ground when he first started really doing a lot of grinds and he tended then to be on the crispy side before I help him get his mind right. :P

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Thanks all. I was hoping to track down a factory nib, but it looks like I may have to have one custom ground. I had the chance to try an EF italic and really liked the way it wrote, especially with my small handwriting.