dms525

Belliver_1544.jpg

CS+belliver+review001.jpg

CS+belliver+review002_edited-2.jpg

CS+belliver+review003.jpg

Belliver_1547.jpg

New-style, bi-color 18 Kt gold nib. A Medium, custom ground to a crisp cursive italic by Oxonian

Not so incidentally, the new style nib has basically the same writing characteristics as the old style nibs. It is pleasantly springy. The size, however, seems very slightly larger than my other CS #6 nibs. This nib has been custom-ground and tuned, of course, but it writes very smoothly with just enough feedback and medium ink flow. The fine lines are actually even finer than they appear in the document scans, above, and this is with an ink that is generally regarded as "wet" (although I don't find it so).

Belliver_1549.jpg

Nebula meets of couple CS Belliver siblings - Red, White & Blue and Shingle (left to right)

I did not perform a quantitative rating for this review. I really haven't found any reasons to deduct even fractions of points. So, assume a "perfect" score. Note that that is not the same as a "best" score.

And now, a moment of silence for the Conway Stewart Belliver. I hope it comes back. It's been a terrific model, in my opinion.

Happy writing!

David

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• mallymal1

• RMN

• georges zaslavsky

Great review, stunning pen the Believer in Nebula has been a grail pen for me for the last 6 years. Annoying how it's been discontinued.

Thanks for the review, David.

The cooperation with John Sorowka seems fruitful.

Besides a great writer, you also have a great looker of a pen.

Enjoy

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Great review, stunning pen the Believer in Nebula has been a grail pen for me for the last 6 years. Annoying how it's been discontinued.

It's nice to have company in annoyance.

David

Thanks for the review, David.

The cooperation with John Sorowka seems fruitful.

Besides a great writer, you also have a great looker of a pen.

Enjoy

D.ick

Thank you, D.ick! I do agree. I've been considering this pen for so long, I have habituated to its very attractive appearance. And I neglected to even mention it in my review. My bad!

David

It's nice to have company in annoyance.

David

There are at least three of us then. In my opinion, it was a poor decision to discontinue the Belliver.

Kind regards,

Tim

Nice review, David. Thank you very much.

Nice set of Bellivers, and it is indeed a shame that they have been discontinued.

Best wishes,

Malcolm

Nice review, David. Thank you very much.

Nice set of Bellivers, and it is indeed a shame that they have been discontinued.

Best wishes,

Malcolm

Thanks, Malcolm.

I didn't include my two other Bellivers - a Coral Green and Kevin Chang's LE "Medical Sciences" - in the photo. Did I say I rather like the Belliver?

David

Edited by dms525

Thanks, Malcolm.

I didn't include my two other Bellivers - a Coral Green and Kevin Chang's LE "Medical Sciences" - in the photo. Did I say I rather like the Belliver?

David

No, really? I wouldn't have guessed it....... :D

enjoy them

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

My wife is extremely hooked on her blue whirl belliver pen!

It was quite some story , because of the flow issues , initially dealt with.

The perfect service from CS in the end , brought her a new F nib , which writes fine now , without any issues anymore

Thanks, Malcolm.

David

Another two! Well, that's a VERY nice collection of Bellivers that you have, David, and now that they are set to become more scarce, a very special collection.

Malcolm

Beautiful pen, and Oxonian is awesome! He has done several, perhaps more than several, nibs for me, and they are all fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

congrats on your cs and happy writing :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Nice collection of Bellivers David. I especially like the Red, White and Blue swirl and your newest Nebula. I have only 2 Bellivers but they are also my favorites, limited editions Poinsettia (No.00) and Borealis (No. 02). The Borealis is my favorite in my collection, as I really love the black highlights. Both are medium (original) nibs.

Also sad to see this model discontinued, as I would likely have purchased a few more.

How do you like the look of the new nib?

Nice collection of Bellivers David. I especially like the Red, White and Blue swirl and your newest Nebula. I have only 2 Bellivers but they are also my favorites, limited editions Poinsettia (No.00) and Borealis (No. 02). The Borealis is my favorite in my collection, as I really love the black highlights. Both are medium (original) nibs.

Also sad to see this model discontinued, as I would likely have purchased a few more.

How do you like the look of the new nib?

Thanks for your comments. I am sorry I missed out on the Borealis ... sort of ... like I really need another Belliver.

I rather like the two-tone nib's looks, but, after all, what really matters is how it writes.

David

Thank you for such a great review; your handwriting is a pleasure to look at. Do you have a picture of the Coral Green and Nebula Bellivers together?