Hello From The Monterey Bay

spillproof

A fountain pen show?! Oh, that doesn't sound good for me at all.

Definitely dangerous for your wallet.

You may find something that you just HAVE TO HAVE.

On the other hand, it is a chance to actually see and handle pens rather than do it remotely over the internet.

Example I bought a Lamy 2000 over the web. When I first picked it up...oh oh not good...the pen was too fat and heavy for me.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spillproof

• pen2paper

• ac12

• Clancy

Welcome

And don't miss the SF Pen Show up in the Bay Area next month August 22-24, 2014

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262829-2014-san-francisco-pen-show/

Also there is Peyton Street Pens in Santa Cruz

We don't have a brick and mortar shop, however we will be bringing a lot of pens to the Moss Landing antique fair this Sunday. It's a first for us, and while I've never seen anyone at these fairs with more than a handful of pens, I'm hopeful we will get to meet some more local pen enthusiasts.

Welcome!

Was sure I was about to read your first pen was a Pelikan - grin at the wildlife biologist.

Any chance you are involved in the program encouraging the vintner/ag community use of barn owls for rodent control vs rodentcide?

Wish we had that here.. just a single poisoned sighting since the late 70's, though a non-releasable barny was brought from WA to educate. Amazed when I saw her! Recognizing all of the behaviors I'd seen on live cams/video's. (only stuffed/under Fed glass to be seen here prior). One of her loose feathers, (it Was Left there), was softer than chinchilla fur!

oops back to pens.. please share whatever vintage treasures you find from Teri. hint - large ink capacity fountain pens are great for field notes.

opps 2 sorry for the extra r TeRi.

Edited by pen2paper

We don't have a brick and mortar shop, however we will be bringing a lot of pens to the Moss Landing antique fair this Sunday. It's a first for us, and while I've never seen anyone at these fairs with more than a handful of pens, I'm hopeful we will get to meet some more local pen enthusiasts.

Unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend. If my plans change, I will definitely see you at the fair, and will introduce myself.

I haven't done any work with barn owls (aside from presence/absence surveys) in several years.

In my early 20's I was the hospital manager at a wildlife rescue center in Kenwood/Napa.
Saw a TON of Barn Owls then.

And nod/grin on the Pelikan pun. I did try them, and they are awesome pens, just a bit too small for my ape-mitts.

Welcome!

Was sure I was about to read your first pen was a Pelikan - grin at the wildlife biologist.

Any chance you are involved in the program encouraging the vintner/ag community use of barn owls for rodent control vs rodentcide?

Wish we had that here.. just a single poisoned sighting since the late 70's, though a non-releasable barny was brought from WA to educate. Amazed when I saw her! Recognizing all of the behaviors I'd seen on live cams/video's. (only stuffed/under Fed glass to be seen here prior). One of her loose feathers, (it Was Left there), was softer than chinchilla fur!

oops back to pens.. please share whatever vintage treasures you find from Terri. hint - large ink capacity fountain pens are great for field notes.

Edited by spillproof

Pelikan are fine pens.. just that if you're looking for user pens, it's gotta fit your hand. My first outing with intention to purchase a serious pen was directly to the Pelikan display.. On the test drive I quickly determined that the pen that fit my small hand size didn't work for me at all as my fingers kept slipping down to the nib. Great pen, simply wrong for me.

Wish there were a Ton of barn owls to view now.. dry season, efficient at their job, and some ability to know not to produce owlets with low food ratio. Cool creature.