Has Anyone Heard Of This Ebay Seller From Japan - Some Bargain Wins!

Sridhar

I got one with EMS express shipping from this seller yesterday. Fast shipping and well packaged from Japan.

He/she asked to ship me professional gear instead of full size 1911. I said "Yes", problem solved! A credible seller, indeed.

Now I'm thinking about selling my old 1911s so that I can fully enjoy the new Sailors.

Wish all other members have good deals with this seller.

- L

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Brian C

• KBeezie

• katerchen

<snip> With the other dealers that I now buy from, they 100% comply with my wishes of sending the pen still sealed, with all its tags stickers etc intact. Taizo was not able to honor that several times in a row, citing various reasons, some of which, I did not feel like believing. <snip>

What reasons did he give?

Edited by jeffkoch

Same here. I got the message yesterday, still not get a solution. When I decided to bid on his/her items, he/she already got 40 positive feedbacks. I thought it would be credible to deal with this seller. Not sure if I was wrong.

- L

Same here. I got the message yesterday, still not get a solution. When I decided to bid on his/her items, he/she already got 40 positive feedbacks. I thought it would be credible to deal with this seller. Not sure if I was wrong.

- L

I am another in the list of folks who won an auction from bombare387, only to have him write with a polite notification that he does not have the pen in stock, and so will refund me. I'm disappointed about this, and hope the refund is quick.

NB: When I tried to look at his ebay listings today, I saw that there are none. Out of business so soon?

I'd love to know if any of you guys have tried those sailor Naginata cross emperor or cross whatever nibs? I owned one and bought it cheap off Taizo and after using it for a while, couldn't really do anything with it due to the absurd amont of ink laid down and the way the ink is so irregular when it draws across the page that I just sold it. The guy who bought it complained that he couldn't use it either lol. Just wondering what you guys' experiences are like with that if you've tried it at all?

I loved mine. But then a 1.3 stub is my daily writer. Only sold it to help fund a house move along with some other beloved pens.

• 4 weeks later...

My recent experience with this seller was not particularly satisfactory. I won a Sailor pen, but did not hear a peep from him until I emailed to check on shipping status. That was over 10 days after the auction ended. I wanted to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, mind you. His reply was that he would inform me as soon as the pen shipped. After more than one more week passed, I contacted him again. He said the pen was on its way to him from the factory, and he would send me shipping confirmation when he sent it on to me. So, after waiting some 3+ weeks, I simply asked for a refund. I was tired of waiting, and disappointed that he would list a pen on auction that he didn't actually have on hand. He did refund me, but not until after I sent another email two days after initially asking for my refund. YMMV.

I just realized I had won something from this seller and remembered this thread.

I won this Platinum PTL-10000 (Which is great btw), but oddly it was listed as a US-only auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331312648318

Won that on the 13th, paid immediately, nothing happens for 24 hours. So I figured I'd just shoot him a message and see when the shipping was planning on going out.

24 hours later, nothing heard back from him still. So I sent another message (evening of the 15th) asking for an update on shipping and that if I did not hear from him within 24 hours (of the latest message) that I would be opening a claim. His account was not in vacation mode or anything like that, so expected some kind of communication within 3 days time.

With that message he did respond within 2 hours and had marked the listing as shipped with a EMS tracking number (which arrived yesterday, the 20th).

Hello,

Thanks for your mail.I am so sorry and do apologize for the delay.We were having 7 days of national holiday and our office was closed. Your shipment is on going, please donot worry we will get you back with the pen in few days.

I will let you know the tracking info.

With regards,

I'd say it was a success, but needs to work on his communication (I'm curious as to what national holiday was going on at Japan considering he used that same excuse for his only negative feed back late august).

My recent experience with this seller was not particularly satisfactory. I won a Sailor pen, but did not hear a peep from him until I emailed to check on shipping status. That was over 10 days after the auction ended. I wanted to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, mind you. His reply was that he would inform me as soon as the pen shipped. After more than one more week passed, I contacted him again. He said the pen was on its way to him from the factory, and he would send me shipping confirmation when he sent it on to me. So, after waiting some 3+ weeks, I simply asked for a refund. I was tired of waiting, and disappointed that he would list a pen on auction that he didn't actually have on hand. He did refund me, but not until after I sent another email two days after initially asking for my refund. YMMV.

If he kept that communication within the eBay system I would have reported him for selling an item he did not actually have.

I'm about to open a claim with this seller for an undelivered pen paid for in early August.

I wonder if I only got mine because he just happened to have it in stock.

Sounds like the guy is listing a bunch of pens and ordering them on a per-win basis (assuming he can get it within that price).

The problem is more: how motivated the seller can be to get the ''not in stock pen'' if there's no money to be made or even worst a lost on that item...

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize if my guess below is completely wrong. And please just ignore.

I GUESS that pens bombare387(Taizo, engeika) sells may be Chinese made (or Taiwan).

If they are purchasing products in Japan (from Pilot/Platinum/Sailor or any wholesalers),

their business on ebay has been losing lots of money.

If they can buy from special rout like Chinese factory or any Chinese local route directly,

it can be very cheap and be good business I suppose.

engeika is importing lots of Chinese brand products to Japan for a long time.

(I've ever heard, but I actually don't know if Sailors, Pilot, and Platinum have their factory in China.)

(I don't know about the quality. )

This is my guess only,

but otherwise I don't understand how they do their business with such too low price.

They sell pens as Made in Japan, so anybody, please tell me how he can sell with such unbelievable price.

I don't understand the reason why he sells with such low price in US site only, neither.

Edited by kashiwade

I apologize if my guess below is completely wrong. And please just ignore.

I GUESS that pens bombare387(Taizo, engeika) sells may be Chinese made (or Taiwan).

If they are purchasing products in Japan (from Pilot/Platinum/Sailor or any wholesalers),

their business on ebay has been losing lots of money.

If they can buy from special rout like Chinese factory or any Chinese local route directly,

it can be very cheap and be good business I suppose.

engeika is importing lots of Chinese brand products to Japan for a long time.

(I've ever heard, but I actually don't know if Sailors, Pilot, and Platinum have their factory in China.)

(I don't know about the quality. )

This is my guess only,

but otherwise I don't understand how they do their business with such too low price.

They sell pens as Made in Japan, so anybody, please tell me how he can sell with such unbelievable price.

I don't understand the reason why he sells with such low price in US site only, neither.

I can perhaps reassure you that across several maybe 50+ now(or maybe even much more, i don't like to think about it) transactions involving the big name Japanese pens from Engeika and affiliates, their products have all been 100% genuine, I have no doubt about that. I also have no doubt that they are incurring huge losses on some of their sales. I will have more to say on this, perhaps a bit later.

Hope this helps.

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I also have no doubt that they are incurring huge losses on some of their sales. I will have more to say on this, perhaps a bit later.

About the huge losses let me be circumspect. There is no charity in this. Untill we understand the real flow of prices lets not believe in fairytales. Do you realy think that someone is just being a nice guy for art sake?

About the huge losses let me be circumspect. There is no charity in this. Untill we understand the real flow of prices lets not believe in fairytales. Do you realy think that someone is just being a nice guy for art sake?

I have not been able to understand fully the pricing aspect. I feel it must be some marketing model that i do not understand, if you have some insights let us know.

I am well aware of the Japanese street prices of the pens that they sell as well as the MSRPs. If you study the auction ending prices of this seller, some of the items are way way below the norm. These low priced high ticket items do appear to reach the buyers as revealed from inspection of their feedback page and also testimonies of some buyers on this very thread. It is very intriguing. I have a theory that is being tested, but I cannot speak yet.

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I recently won 2 auctions from bombare387 on ebay. The first was a Platinum Yakusugi Cedar (winning bird - $223 and Engeika's price - $391) and the second was a Platinum Briar Shell (winning bid - $175 - Engeika's price -$391.00 ). Both pens arrived in 5 days and I live in Western New York. They arrived in perfect condition in the correct Platinum wooden box. The pens are beautiful and write with a smooth fine line. I saved about $400.00 on these purchases. I am not associated with bombare387 but I am happy customer of .his ebay store.

Edited by tklonowski